Poll

Should armor looms be reduced in effectiveness?

Yes
52 (55.3%)
No
42 (44.7%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: Armor heirlooms  (Read 7598 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: Armor heirlooms
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2011, 08:02:55 pm »
+1
I crutch armor, people still kill me in 3 well placed strikes. Armor means nothing vs very good players. I use armor so that the noobs and archers don't kill me before another autoblocker comes and kills me. I'll be fine with an armor nerf as long as something is done about the bodkins flying everywhere, because i wouldn't mind having my GLA deal more damage :).

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2011, 08:08:12 pm »
I crutch armor, people still kill me in 3 well placed strikes. Armor means nothing vs very good players. I use armor so that the noobs and archers don't kill me before another autoblocker comes and kills me. I'll be fine with an armor nerf as long as something is done about the bodkins flying everywhere, because i wouldn't mind having my GLA deal more damage :).

Everything you said is pretty accurate, but the bolded part made me giggle.  :)

Armor heirlooms + str build = retarded
Armor heirlooms + balanced or agi build = surviving 1 extra swing or maybe 2 projectiles more.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2011, 12:25:28 am »
Uh I have fully loomed body and gloves and I have no problem admitting armor looms are ridiculous at the moment.
As for the rest, well, you're all biased/selfish aka don't want your shit to get nerfed.

I said most:And yes, I dont want my shit to get nerfed, because the only armor loom I got are +1 mail gauntlets :rolleyes:

Why do you want to change a game mechanic which clearly isnt the problem right now?Why do People still complain about getting 1- to 2 hit by Archers if Loomed armor is so OP?

If you go Full str with heirloomed Plate its  really strong, but you will lack other things.

I can kill anyone given the right conditions with just my Footwork(Well, everyone of equal or lesser skill), even if they wear better armor or have way more heirlooms than me.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2011, 12:31:48 am »
I have +3 heraldic armor and +3 mail mittens and i still think that armor heirlooms are op and need to be nerfed.

Also, arrows and bows heirlooms are op and need to be nerfed too (and pierce/blunt heirlooms on melee weapons - i have red tessel spear +3).

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2011, 12:47:56 am »
Yeah, just nerf all looms to the ground or remove them entirely to give the mod the needed rest to kill him.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2011, 12:52:33 am »
Yes, it.My bad :D

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2011, 07:58:43 am »
+2
Why do People still complain about getting 1- to 2 hit by Archers if Loomed armor is so OP?

Loomed armor is OP mostly to cut damage and the fact that you can still move fast while having +14 body armor.
Archers 2 shotting loomed armor, well... that's another problem.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2011, 11:08:32 am »

isnt it because archery has different soack values then melee?
If you take away the loom benefits, change archery soak values?

But i recall our mad scientist paul just saying plain no

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2011, 11:40:59 am »
Loomed armor is OP mostly to cut damage and the fact that you can still move fast while having +14 body armor.

Weird, because I dont seem to have any Problems with cutting damage, against loomed armor or not.

Ofc cut will sometimes bounce off people like Georges, hell, anything sometimes bounces of Georges!

but generally, if you aren´t a Skillless retard, most hits WILL damage.

Also, iam totally fine with loomed armor.Having a Full Body set means 4-5 Gens hard work.This is a fair  lot if I compare it with what I have accomplished.Iam gen3, short before gen4, and I played Warband for 655 hours of which more than the half are for cRPG.

For far over 300 Hours of gametime, I think I can expect to have a slight advantage in Gear in an RPG like cRPG where there is a feature like retiring.

And if Cut damage is so UP against looms, how come I see so many guys running around with Danish/Tears and shielders with Swords?

How come they dont just all take blunt and Pierce weapons?

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2011, 11:47:12 am »
Also, iam totally fine with loomed armor.Having a Full Body set means 4-5 Gens hard work.This is a fair  lot if I compare it with what I have accomplished.Iam gen3, short before gen4, and I played Warband for 655 hours of which more than the half are for cRPG.

For far over 300 Hours of gametime, I think I can expect to have a slight advantage in Gear in an RPG like cRPG where there is a feature like retiring.

nice numbers u got there mate :)
1316 hours played for me, fresh gen 17, gonna go for gen 23 just to get loomed gloves + armor probably :)

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2011, 12:05:52 pm »
I know I didnt reach much  :oops: No need to embarass me :D

Still you obviously COULD have already had a Fully loomed Armor set(Hell, you could have almost TWO!)and a lot of weapons since you are gen 17 :D

I just set the "Far over 300 hours of gametime" as the time needed to reach a full Body loomset if you use all your Loompoints, not that I expect to have an advantage especially.Im fine right now because my Gloves will be +2 in some hours when I retire, What I meant was that if I have a Fully loomed Armor suit I ought to have a slight advantage over others that dont have looms at all.I mean , you are the best example that you dont need to have looms to be awesome mate :D you can always compensate with skill.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2011, 12:09:58 pm »
I know I didnt reach much  :oops: No need to embarass me :D

Still you obviously COULD have already had a Fully loomed Armor set(Hell, you could have almost TWO!)and a lot of weapons since you are gen 17 :D

I just set the "Far over 300 hours of gametime" as the time needed to reach a full Body loomset if you use all your Loompoints, not that I expect to have an advantage especially.Im fine right now because my Gloves will be +2 in some hours when I retire, What I meant was that if I have a Fully loomed Armor suit I ought to have a slight advantage over others that dont have looms at all.I mean , you are the best example that you dont need to have looms to be awesome mate :D you can always compensate with skill.

thanks man, even tho recently i feel like i could use a loom or two  :mrgreen: but, ill just grind em if ill want em  :mrgreen:

But really its fun when you run around with some blunt/pierce and just rape anyone with any gear, that is the most satisfying thing that can happen :)

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2011, 12:15:22 pm »
Yeah I know lol.

I love to kill heavily armored Guys with my Boar spear, stunning and poking them to death.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2011, 12:19:26 pm »
+1
Yeah I know lol.

I love to kill heavily armored Guys with my Boar spear, stunning and poking them to death.

or the most epic lvl 1 hammer kills  :mrgreen: just BAM

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2011, 04:16:06 am »
Many of you think that armour looms are not overpowered because you think you can outwit and outsmart those incompetent fools with their fancy dancy heirloomed armour.

Please remove this silly fallacy from your head.
No one worries about noobs with looms.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 04:23:37 am by PieParadox »