Poll

Should armor looms be reduced in effectiveness?

Yes
52 (55.3%)
No
42 (44.7%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: Armor heirlooms  (Read 7206 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Armor heirlooms
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2011, 05:00:46 pm »
Snip

So you're the one with the good idea. I'm all behind that idea. :)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2011, 05:06:23 pm »
The thing with armor looms is that it commits you to a single armor and outfit if you want full effectiveness, and that gives veteran players a 'look' people recognize and it increases the RPG factor of the game, which i think is a good thing.
If you nerfed armor looms noone would give a shit and we'd lose that aspect.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2011, 05:43:31 pm »
Archers and fairy´s with low ps will vote yes everyone else will vote no...

Pointsless thread...

That said armor looms where nerfed with the new soak values that Paul introduced way back that almost removed any sort of glancing blows...

All a fully set of loomed armor does now is make you survive 1 more hit

Offcourse if your a str whore you might be able to take 2 more hits but thats because of the IF and STR

Loomed helmets and boots doesn't rly do anything since you receive such a huge dmg boost when striking people in the head or leg that +7 armor rly doenst do much hence why people tend to loom it for last..

All i see here is another nerf nerf nerf thread

I think the reason the devs haven't or will nerf armor looms is because of what paul did with the new soak values thus making a nerf on armor looms pointless..

The biggest advantage used to be that people would glance of you noted that u had a good amount of armor but thats not the case anymore unless your Robocop aka georges but hes setup is also insane an not common due to a huge upkeep  :lol:

« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 05:49:15 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2011, 05:47:19 pm »
Body armor stay with actual heirllooms values and gloves heirlooms will be cancelled.

Hell no!

Leave mah gloves as they are, I dare you!

Cancel Body armor Heirlooms if you want, or nerf them, but dont touch mo Gloves BIOTCH!
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2011, 05:48:24 pm »
From this kato Guy I guess.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2011, 06:12:37 pm »
what kato guy lol
Last post on the site before this one here.

or his profile:

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php?action=profile;u=513

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2011, 06:14:52 pm »
bla bla...

more blocking, less spamming and you will be ok

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2011, 06:17:02 pm »
Most people who say Armor heirlooms arent ok dont have any.I bet it.

Or, if you like, nerf the armor heirlooms on the Heavy and the heavy-medium armors, but leave light ones and especially GAUNTLETS!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 06:19:57 pm by B3RS3RK »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2011, 06:37:14 pm »
more blocking, less spamming and you will be ok

If you had said my writing wasn't good enough, fair enough, that's an opinion. But to say it's too complex for you to actually write something usefull back at it instead of random gibberish trying to insult me instead doesn't make for a good discussion. why dont you try again and say what you think about the subject which is about armor looms and not blocking and spamming.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2011, 07:05:47 pm »
If you had said my writing wasn't good enough, fair enough, that's an opinion. But to say it's too complex for you to actually write something usefull back at it instead of random gibberish trying to insult me instead doesn't make for a good discussion. why dont you try again and say what you think about the subject which is about armor looms and not blocking and spamming.

Already wrote my suggestion.

Basically I like to see this game skillbase as much as possible, and free hits after somebody glance on you not fit there (ofc it need some skill to make people glance, but still its random) and if somebody hit you 4+ times you deserve a die because you suck.
Nothing personal, i have different view on this, thats all. :wink:

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2011, 07:16:28 pm »
Already wrote my suggestion.

Basically I like to see this game skillbase as much as possible, and free hits after somebody glance on you not fit there (ofc it need some skill to make people glance, but still its random) and if somebody hit you 4+ times you deserve a die because you suck.
Nothing personal, i have different view on this, thats all. :wink:

Thats because of iron flesh along with STR that makes people survive 4 hits.

My current setup is 74 body armor with that i get to take on regular basic about 2 to 3 hits if im lucky since i dont have any iron flesh and only 16 str NOTE: im talking about hits on the body not head or legs.

That 3rd hit is because of my heir loomed armor which is the result of retiring 6 times plus i really only wear that suit because of the look/style

On my old setup i had about 68 body armor and 21 str and 6 IF with that i could take 3-4 hits but that´s because of the increased HP that comes along with ironflesh and str. not armor heirlooms.

Paul have all ready fixed what was broken and that was the chance of glance being off the roof back before he changed the soak values.

If you really think that 14 body armor gloves and armor makes such a huge difference your wrong we are talking about 1 more hit.

Plz explain to me what would be the point of retiring 6 times to brag about having +8 body armor in total and not surviving that 1 extra hit?

In the end why nerf something which aren't broken  :?:

Point of looming your armor n gloves are for that 1 extra hit you can take unless faced against a STR whore or bodkin arrows.

It used to be OP back when glancing blows was common now....... i dunno off course surviving 1 extra hit means something but its not something i would call a nerf for.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 07:28:53 pm by Tzar »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2011, 07:20:15 pm »
Yeah, just as i got warned before my tears got nerfed to oblivion, naaaah, not going to happen  :mrgreen:

Posts like this make me curse my flag system... Keep thinking people are memtioning me, but nope... Forever alone  :cry:

On topic: armour should be nerfed to a +4 and gloves to a +3 or 4. This would fix a lot in my opinion. At the very least a max of +5 from each not +7.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2011, 07:56:37 pm »
+1
Most people who say Armor heirlooms arent ok dont have any.I bet it.

Or, if you like, nerf the armor heirlooms on the Heavy and the heavy-medium armors, but leave light ones and especially GAUNTLETS!

Uh I have fully loomed body and gloves and I have no problem admitting armor looms are ridiculous at the moment.
As for the rest, well, you're all biased/selfish aka don't want your shit to get nerfed.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2628
  • Infamy: 1621
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2011, 07:59:54 pm »
+2
When Final Boss finish that project of his and it finally gets implemented stat bonuses should be removed from loomed gear.

Items in this game are pretty balanced, but looming totally fucks up that balance.

+3 on pierce weapon is like +7 on cut
+14 on body armour is too much
+6 pierce on ranged weapons is just silly

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2011, 08:00:52 pm »
+1
Uh I have fully loomed body and gloves and I have no problem admitting armor looms are ridiculous at the moment.
As for the rest, well, you're all biased/selfish aka don't want your shit to get nerfed.

I have x3 heirloomed weapons, x3 heirloomed armor, x3 heirloomed gloves, etc

I have been saying since it was introduced that heirlooms are just a stupid idea in general that leads to imbalance issues and feelings of inequality and butthurtedness.  And what have we had since they've been introduced?  Yeah.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?