Poll

Should armor looms be reduced in effectiveness?

Yes
52 (55.3%)
No
42 (44.7%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: Armor heirlooms  (Read 7207 times)

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
Re: Armor heirlooms
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 01:48:30 pm »
Iam fine with armor heirlooms, really.Doesnt matter to me if I need to hit them twice or thrice.

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 01:52:39 pm »
Actually i wouldn´t mind if armor heirlooms would go forever.
Its ok for weapons but i dont think this mod needs armor heirlooms.

If chadz would decide to delete all armor heirlooms and give loompoints to the players
it would be ok. But on the other hand i wouldnt need any heirloom.
You just need them atm to stay on a lvl with the rest of the longterm players.

I voted yes and i am fully loomed (gen20).

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 01:59:15 pm »
You just need them atm to stay on a lvl with the rest of the longterm players.

Bolded the part where i see flaw in your statement. You do NOT need any looms to be competitive. I do quite fine time from time and up until recently i did not had any looms. (atm sporting +2horse, only loom i got, and got it only cause friend quit and gave it to me, and i do not have the heart not to use it, as i liked the guy quite a lot)

Gen 16.

Offline Camaris

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 02:03:27 pm »
Bolded the part where i see flaw in your statement. You do NOT need any looms to be competitive. I do quite fine time from time and up until recently i did not had any looms. (atm sporting +2horse, only loom i got, and got it only cause friend quit and gave it to me, and i do not have the heart not to use it, as i liked the guy quite a lot)

Gen 16.

I can get good stats without any looms too.
But if people are in are of similar skill they become more and more useful cause they can
give you the deciding glance or 1 more hit to take too.

I dont think that it makes a difference how you do on battleserver in general or how you do
on siege. There are plenty of people not having any looms. But it helps if you get to fight the good ones.

And some people with 80+ armor reaaally need those looms to survive. Those people dont even need to block but
can take 5-10 hits if they move smart.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 02:06:14 pm »
And some people with 80+ armor reaaally need those looms to survive. Those people dont even need to block but
can take 5-10 hits if they move smart.

yeah, even tho only if they dont meet archers  :mrgreen:

I agree that 1v1 on equally skilled opponents the looms probably will make a difference, but for the casual gamers or the guys that dont whore K/D it is perfectly playable even without :)

And tbh, i am actually quite surprised how the survivability changed, before i was rocking heavy IF builds, now i have barely three, and it feels i can sometimes even survive more  :shock:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 02:07:54 pm by Cepeshi »

Offline Camaris

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2011, 02:08:37 pm »
yeah, even tho only if they dont meet archers  :mrgreen:

I agree that 1v1 on equally skilled opponents the looms probably will make a difference, but for the casual gamers or the guys that dont whore K/D it is perfectly playable even without :)

Yeah thats true.
Like i said its more to be competitive vs those on your lvl then being competitive in a general sense.
I still think that the game was better without heirlooms.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2011, 02:10:40 pm »
You dont need looms to be good, so they are ok.It might be a big advantage for some to have a full +3 plate suit, but still you can beat them rather easily with cleverness etc.

What I find especially important to stay are the Gauntlets heirlooms, because they are the only possibilitie to wear your favorite armor and have decent Stats(If you prefer the look of lighter armors).

For example:

I use the ragged outfit a lot atm(23 body armor), together with my thick mail gauntlets(8 body armor), those  gauntlets will have 13 body armor when they are masterworked, which will add in up to a total of 37 Body armor, meaning I get the Protection of a lamellar vest for a slightly higher price!But I think that fine because I like the Ragged outfit a lot.

So if you nerfed the armor heirlooms on Gauntlets especially, my Equipment would get considerably worse, thus giving me a big disadvantage just because I go style over effectiveness.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2011, 02:56:29 pm »
You dont need looms to be good, so they are ok.It might be a big advantage for some to have a full +3 plate suit, but still you can beat them rather easily with cleverness etc.

What I find especially important to stay are the Gauntlets heirlooms, because they are the only possibilitie to wear your favorite armor and have decent Stats(If you prefer the look of lighter armors).

For example:

I use the ragged outfit a lot atm(23 body armor), together with my thick mail gauntlets(8 body armor), those  gauntlets will have 13 body armor when they are masterworked, which will add in up to a total of 37 Body armor, meaning I get the Protection of a lamellar vest for a slightly higher price!But I think that fine because I like the Ragged outfit a lot.

So if you nerfed the armor heirlooms on Gauntlets especially, my Equipment would get considerably worse, thus giving me a big disadvantage just because I go style over effectiveness.

Arent you a lot faster ?

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2011, 03:02:24 pm »
Yes Iam, but not that much that it would be the main purpose to wear a ragged outfit since Iam no Archer.

Point is, at the moment, I can wear most Armors if I like their look, and put on my Mail gauntlets making them somewhat more competetive.

If you take that away, more and more people will start wearing the same armors again.Because without my gauntlets, I would consider the tunic over mail(white, green or Red) the first armor with enough body protection to even bother wearing if I want to be at least a bit effective.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2011, 03:42:31 pm »
+1
"cough" ranged looms "cough"

Otherwise - Agreed.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 04:07:55 pm »
Voted yes. Armor looms are really broken at the moment. An individual should never survive more than four swings.

Ignorant blathering. "An individual should never survive more than 4 swings". Try getting more than 1 PS when hitting an armored player. If you didn't invest in Power Strike and Strength, then YES IT SHOULD TAKE YOU MORE THAN 4 SWINGS.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Camaris

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2011, 04:26:24 pm »
Personally i would nerf armor looms to +1 +1 +2 so 4 in total for every armor regardless of its starting stats.
would be more then enough.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 04:40:49 pm »
I wouldnt loom any armor then because +4 is pretty much useless on anything else than light armor.

I´d prefer looming various weapons and shields then.

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2011, 04:52:55 pm »
queted myself from another thread

Gloves +1 +2 +3
Body armour +1 +2 +4

Instead of +14 armour on a lordly set, you'll rather get +7. A lot more balanced, I would say.

Yeah, armor looms are most op thing in crpg, nowdays.
But your solution, bring a lot of whine from people with already all armor heirloomed and more importent +7 body armor are not worth of 6 gen retiring.

Fortunately i have ultimate solution. :)
Body armor stay with actual heirllooms values and gloves heirlooms will be cancelled.
So you can get +7 in 3 gen, still quite good and all people with already heirloomed gloves got their heirloom points back.

No more super fast tincans with +14 armor.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2011, 04:57:38 pm »
Personally i would nerf armor looms to +1 +1 +2 so 4 in total for every armor regardless of its starting stats.
would be more then enough.

Why would anyone loom his/her armor then? Totally useless.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)