Author Topic: I'm done with C-RPG unless upkeep costs change  (Read 12563 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: I'm done with C-RPG unless upkeep costs change
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2011, 11:11:34 pm »
+2
Any melee with mid armor complaining about upkeep is like someone complaining his apple fell from the table while someone else has no drinking water.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 164
  • Infamy: 1127
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2011, 11:13:54 pm »
Perhaps you should play on the servers without banner balance then, problem solved, why bother the rest of us? If you remove banner balance 80% of this mod would stop playing.

What about strategus?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2011, 11:16:02 pm »
I have a hard time making gold too.  I can break even (seemingly) with like 40k worth of stuff on a 1h/shield build.  If I'm under that I make money for sure.  If I try to use anything too fancy (plate mittens, or bring an xbow too many rounds) then I get hit too hard and have to stop for a while.

What helps is the marketplace.  Sure, you can sell loompoints and get a big influx, and then buy a cheaper loom with the money, but that's not what I mean.  I consistently trade on the market while I'm levelling, and it really helps my income.  Out of every few trades I may make 10k or 20k (or more!) and it really helps.  Or you can sell your loom, buy a cheaper one, and try to sell it for more money.  Do that a few times and it really helps supplement your income!

Yes, you may get burned a few times (buying an item too high, or having to sell it too low) but then you learn what the items are worth.  It's really fun! :)

Example:  I am gen 4, but I have 5 gens worth of looms.  :D  This is all from trading, selling, and re-trading my way up!  Plus I've got a nice buffer for upkeep.

Try the market dood...it's like a game within a game.  Also, the more people that participate, the funner it is!

edit: ALSO i've tried like every good 1h weapon in loomed form.  Trading around lets you try all kinds of shit.  Fun as hell.

That actually worked very well in the first months of the marketplace. Back then one could easily do 100k of profit with two deals. But now that the marketplace is invaded by us traders and the majority of players are decently informed, you can't make much. Typically 10% profit out of invested money after a few days.

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2011, 11:18:41 pm »
Naa mate. It is fine and the way it Should be. This way you really have to earn the elephant horse and the almost indestructible armour. Without it everyone would have it. I reckon upkeep is fine EXCEPT from in DTV... I have lost about 50k playing that.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2011, 12:33:11 am »
That actually worked very well in the first months of the marketplace. Back then one could easily do 100k of profit with two deals. But now that the marketplace is invaded by us traders and the majority of players are decently informed, you can't make much. Typically 10% profit out of invested money after a few days.

You can still do ok though..but it is harder now you are right.

That's why I'm trying to get more people using the market!  It was way more fun when items were moving around.  Prices fluctuated faster and there was more variety up there.  The more people using the market the better!

I think that a lot of people used the market when it first came out, got (or got rid of) what they wanted, and stopped.  I'm different cuz I get bored of weapons fast, and change up my armor all the time...so I'm always looking to trade.  Oh well.

Offline gdijim

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2011, 02:57:56 am »
I love how roughly three-quarters of the people here respond "Obviously, it's your problem newb - i have no trouble maintaining my armor" when they're the obviously board trolls that live here - AKA old players in clans for the most part.

Look, I have no idea how to balance it - but there is a problem.  It's not just me that's saying that, so I feel pretty justified in the complaint.  However balance is done, it's screwing new players.

I challenge any one you to take off your banner and then try to maintain your gear with under 10K banked for a week - I'm certain you'll see what I mean.

And once again - this thread is directed at chadz, not the board trolls.  I have already seen the population of C-rpg drop just in the time I've been online.  Does he want to see it drop more?  Because it will - new games out, etc.  And not being able to consistently play 1.) a fair match against roughly the same geared/skilled people and instead getting stomped night after night by the supposed 'balance' system and 2.) not being able to use gear you purchase that's hardly high-end is going to drain players.  Mock and laugh and say "Don't let the door hit you in the ass" all you want, but I've already seen the result of some of the changes on the player base.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2011, 03:11:28 am »
+1
I guess chadz answer could be something like that :

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,486.msg5110.html#msg5110

Offline Gawin

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • My pic ^^
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Gawin, Fallen_SantaRudloph, PR_Red_Ranger the leader of the power rangers
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2011, 03:52:58 am »
dont whine my upkeep is 170k regular

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2011, 04:22:39 am »
I think he's right and we should do something about it, because the high repair costs is at the advantage of older players and not new ones, and that makes the mod inaccessible for new players. We should reduce the repair costs.

REDUCE THE REPAIR COSTS PLEASE

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2011, 04:33:34 am »
Why is it, as i mentioned in my earlier post, i was down to around 8,000 gold, and i managed to get more than 100,000 using decent gear, i feel for the cavalry and done, now that's a serious pain to upkeep, hence the 8,000...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BD_SUPERBEAST

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warpigs_BD_Superbeast
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2011, 06:12:42 am »
Im maintaning like 40k on equipment everyround as basic equipment, u must have done many things wrong for some generations. Ur equipment its too expensive,ur shield its expensive,ur horse its very expensive and :

If the weapon and xbow break too often cause u dont have high wpf on them then theyll become expensive too in the long run even if they are not expensive themselves.

Get a bank buffer saving some days, use a non banner balance server or retire and play a cheaper class which maybe be more helpfull for ur team and actually maybe funnier for u to do so. Upkeep its ok.

And btw if you decreased upkeep system, the players that are now using more expensive gear than u do(which are the ones u complaining about the clanstacking,etc,etc), would use a much more expensive and better gear so ur arguments are wrong man.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 06:23:19 am by BD_SUPERBEAST »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2011, 08:04:15 am »
chadz already replied and he trolled you like the rest. Mod dead like Skeletor.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:05:24 am by Paul »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2011, 08:14:35 am »
Play in peasant gear for a few maps then switch back to your normal gear.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2011, 09:04:04 am »
I love how roughly three-quarters of the people here respond "Obviously, it's your problem newb - i have no trouble maintaining my armor" when they're the obviously board trolls that live here - AKA old players in clans for the most part.

Look, I have no idea how to balance it - but there is a problem.  It's not just me that's saying that, so I feel pretty justified in the complaint.  However balance is done, it's screwing new players.

I challenge any one you to take off your banner and then try to maintain your gear with under 10K banked for a week - I'm certain you'll see what I mean.

And once again - this thread is directed at chadz, not the board trolls.  I have already seen the population of C-rpg drop just in the time I've been online.  Does he want to see it drop more?  Because it will - new games out, etc.  And not being able to consistently play 1.) a fair match against roughly the same geared/skilled people and instead getting stomped night after night by the supposed 'balance' system and 2.) not being able to use gear you purchase that's hardly high-end is going to drain players.  Mock and laugh and say "Don't let the door hit you in the ass" all you want, but I've already seen the result of some of the changes on the player base.

so PM chadz and don't do a public thread if you don't want to read the other players opinion... but if you think old veterans in big clans are just forum trolls, then feel free to not follow advices.

and no... i don't bank billions... when i have 350-400k usually i buy a heirloom point and my bank go back to 30-40k. now i play maybe 10-15 hours per month and i can pretty much buy a heirloom point every three months (so with 30-45 play hours in full 60k gear).

but being a cavalry is a totally different thing. i have a cav alt and i can maybe use the arabian warhorse only when i have x3 or x4 multi... but medium armor, lance, long war axe and rouncey is easly upkeeped with anything greater than x2. polearms are still effective on foot so i don't mind being a support pikeman or poleaxe shieldbreaker 50% of the time.

also high gen characters still get the same money as 1gen players do.

another hint. when you retire and you get back to level1, by the time you get level 25, you should have made at least 50-60k because there is no upkeep till level 26. want to make money fast? respec or retire as soon as you can. builds start rolling for good from level 15-16 so you have plenty of upkeep-free time to raise your funds.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2011, 09:50:56 am »
so PM chadz and don't do a public thread if you don't want to read the other players opinion... but if you think old veterans in big clans are just forum trolls, then feel free to not follow advices.

and no... i don't bank billions... when i have 350-400k usually i buy a heirloom point and my bank go back to 30-40k. now i play maybe 10-15 hours per month and i can pretty much buy a heirloom point every three months (so with 30-45 play hours in full 60k gear).

but being a cavalry is a totally different thing. i have a cav alt and i can maybe use the arabian warhorse only when i have x3 or x4 multi... but medium armor, lance, long war axe and rouncey is easly upkeeped with anything greater than x2. polearms are still effective on foot so i don't mind being a support pikeman or poleaxe shieldbreaker 50% of the time.

also high gen characters still get the same money as 1gen players do.

another hint. when you retire and you get back to level1, by the time you get level 25, you should have made at least 50-60k because there is no upkeep till level 26. want to make money fast? respec or retire as soon as you can. builds start rolling for good from level 15-16 so you have plenty of upkeep-free time to raise your funds.
WHAT? You make 10k/hour when using all your top tier shit? That's impossible.