Author Topic: I'm done with C-RPG unless upkeep costs change  (Read 13278 times)

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: I'm done with C-RPG unless upkeep costs change
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2011, 06:30:45 pm »
To Adapt, get off the damn horse until he gets a stack of gold to maintain his full gear.

Duh.

But how he can dismount - there are mob of angry killers with 20\1 KD, waiting for him.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:32:11 pm by Okkam »

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2011, 06:39:00 pm »
the upkeep system is good as it is now...no!its totally
(click to show/hide)

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2011, 06:40:04 pm »
Then maybe it means pure horse crossbowman builds are not viable? In any case he has a nice amount of 1h wpf as well, so prob some athletics too. He's a 1h/crossbow hybrid when on foot, not as effective as full foot crossbow, but he can still survive. Just like a inf/cav hybrid when dehorsed can still be effective even if he's not a full inf build.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2011, 06:42:26 pm »

But how he can dismount - there are mob of angry killers with 20\1 KD, waiting for him.

Look down at horse, press F

He has 1h wpf, he can fight.

Granted, if he can block anything, but that's not the game's fault.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2011, 06:49:59 pm »
Well, the only problems i've had with upkeep was when i was playing as cavalry, i hit an all time low of 8,000, since i've switched to infantry, i can maintain all my armour and weapons with no problems at all, but saying that, i don't make much money, i'm up and down around the same amount of gold, but i can wear my gear constantly with no problems at all...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2011, 06:50:39 pm »
Saranid outfit, tatar bow, normal arrows?

That is beyond strange then. I use a more expensive get up and make more money :/
I usually play battle though.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2011, 06:53:43 pm »
He is horse crossbowman. What would you expect?

Doesn't matter what you are, could be a god damn pixie-elf-dwarf from fairy-land it doesn't matter if you can't afford repair bills on your equip, stop using it, get some cash, then start using it. Same reason why polearm/2h aren't in heaviest armor 100% of the time, it costs you a butt load of cash to repair so they use it sparingly or have saved up a cash barrier that allows them to spit in the face of upkeep and repair bills.(for a little while at least)

With a horse you can bring it out on good cav maps and keep it in the stable for the crappy cav maps, as opposed to riding it around on hilly mountain maps.

Rouncey is only 9k, shouldn't be too hard to upkeep if you don't use it every single round. Considering as a 2h my weapon costs more to upkeep than that horse does & I use it nearly every single round.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:57:37 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1910
  • Infamy: 2428
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2011, 06:54:27 pm »
Tbh upkeep is stupid. It only shows that they are incompetent to properly balance this mod.

Offline Sawbone

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2011, 07:03:47 pm »
Upkeep can get annoying to say the least. Especially for a new player.

How about reducing the cost for non-loomed items? Keep the same upkeep for loomed ones? Would help create that cushion for the first few gens.

Anyways, if this can help - I found out that i tend to make more money with medium gear than cloth armor, since i live much longer and can sometimes actually help my team win a few rounds by being, at least, a decoy.

PS - Agreed that horses are not fit for new players, sold mine because i could not upkeep it and just decided to forget about cavalry for a few gens.

Cheers,

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2011, 07:04:02 pm »
+1
Tbh upkeep is stupid. It only shows that they are incompetent to properly balance this mod.

So do what everyone else does, and the better your gear the higher your required character level, and only similar character levels can play together? No thanks.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nagasoup

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Donkey
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2011, 07:08:59 pm »
+2
Upkeep works, just don't be stupid with your money. You use crossbow and bolts, expensive 1h and expensive shield, helmet, chest, gloves and boots, and on top of that A HORSE. Sure its all medium gear, but you're carrying a lot of different items and they add up.

This is what I did when I played cav.

x1 light armor on foot, 1h weapon, crappy shield
x2 medium armor on foot, 1h weapon, medium shield
x3 medium armor on horse, 1h weapon, medium shield
x4 heavy armor on armoured horse, 1h weapon, good shield
x5 heavy armor on armoured horse, 1h weapon, good shield, xbow or a lance

I ALWAYS made money if I upgraded my gear depending on multiplier.

And you're 4th gen, how are you a new player? By 4th gen you should have at least a few hundred thousand in the bank, unless you blew it all on looms, or was stupid and didn't manage your money right. If so, you deserve to be poor.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:10:09 pm by Nagasoup »

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2011, 07:10:53 pm »
I just did a quick calculation, and the cost of your equip is almost 40K gold (39437 to be precise,assuming that you have  the cheapest heraldic mail armor  and normal xbow bolts, not the steel one)  and you are using a light crossbow and a 1h weapon with low proficiency(higher break chance), no wonder you can't gain money easily.

Your Equip:
Kettle Hat = 1936 gold , cheapest heraldic mail armor  = 6375, mail gauntlets = 3427, strange greaves = 880, arabian cavalry sword= 6900, plate covered round shield = 4156, Rouncey = 9010, light crossbow+bolts= 6753(6560+193) 
Total 39437

Get rid of the light crossbow(which is almost useless) and the horse ( Imo you could even get a heavier armor and helm ), just don't go over  30K worth of equip, put 140/150 wpf in 1h (5 or 6 weapon master) and you will gain money easily.
if you stop using the horse and the crossbow you will save 15763 gold, the  cost of your equip will be only 23674 gold

I'm a high generation nerd and my equip is worth 28331 gold, and i have quite good equip : guard helmet, light kuyak, scale gauntlets, brown kite shield, nordic war sword(or military pick), splinted leather greaves over mail.
Thank god horses are not for everyone, or there would be more cav players than infantry like in "mercenaries" mod. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:51:11 pm by Lars »

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2011, 07:12:25 pm »
And while you're at it, take out banner balance, because that also does nothing but creates a great deal of in-equality as well.  How many nights do I log on, and stay consistently at 1X because--

Hold it. I think this is your problem. Once you get better at the game, you will help your team achieve a constant higher multiplier. Once this happens, you will be able to make money on much more equipment.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2011, 07:32:19 pm »
And while you're at it, take out banner balance

Someone missed the point of this game entirely (+ doesn't know what servers do not use banner balance).

All you anti-social no-friend living-in-a-bubble guys can just GTFO of this game imo. Either suck it up and try to be a human being or go play some emo single-player/PVE game.

I for one love that crpg/warband isn't something you just play, in general I dislike the whole crowd of gamers that need everything served on a silver-platter, please go ruin another game, not this one.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2011, 07:35:48 pm »
Sorry OP, I have to disagree with you. In my 80k 1h/shield infantry equipment, I will lose money slowly.

I just leveled to 30 again after resetting with about 10k. While leveling again I usually about 30k-40k of equipment, and when I hit 30 I was at 80k. I'm not in a clan, and don't use a common banner.

I highly recommend that you work up a buffer of cash, then play with whatever gear you. Then you'll have no worries and can wear low-end gear for moneymaking only when you want to.