Author Topic: I'm done with C-RPG unless upkeep costs change  (Read 13277 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: I'm done with C-RPG unless upkeep costs change
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2011, 10:20:42 am »
Change your banner to match one of these so called "super clan" you are talking about, balance problem solved.

Wear and use cheap stuff until you save up like 50k+ then use your good stuff, you shouldn't ever run out of gold unless your equipment is too costly, then you should run out of gold because that's the idea behind the system.

Also, I play with Tribal Warrior Outfit, Vageir Helmet, leather boots, leather gloves for armour and I do just fine.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2011, 11:16:44 am »
1. play your toon to 31
2. check the market for highly sought after looms
3. retire and loom that item
4. sell your new heirloom for an absurd sum
5. play in plate and helmet with gilded mustache till your next retirement.

(I am pretty sure that there should be a "profit" in the list somewhere)

Remember that you need the helmet with the gilded mustache. That is very important.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2011, 11:18:40 am »
WHAT? You make 10k/hour when using all your top tier shit? That's impossible.

well 200 gold per tick, 55-60 ticks per hour so 11000-12000 gold. minus the gear yes you're right.. maybe i can take 4 months for a new loompoint instead of 3... so maybe every 80-90 game hours... still this is not the point of the discussion.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2011, 11:36:20 am »
+1
1. play your toon to 31
2. check the market for highly sought after looms
3. retire and loom that item
4. sell your new heirloom for an absurd sum
5. play in plate and helmet with gilded mustache till your next retirement.

(I am pretty sure that there should be a "profit" in the list somewhere)

Remember that you need the helmet with the gilded mustache. That is very important.

That's just plain stupid. No +1, +2 or +3 sell for more than the sum of loompoints needed to loom the item to that level.
You're better off selling the loom point.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2011, 12:25:39 pm »
Firstly, armors are strong in cRPG, especially heavy armors ( where light is somewhat redundant, you take 2 hits on average no matter if you have 20 in torso armor or 40 ), but the advantage the OP attributes to it is much exaggerated; with skill it is entirely possible to top the scoreboards with no armor at all. If you think otherwise go train your blocking, attacking and footwork a few hours a day on a duel server until you're on level.

Secondly, if upkeep is so insurmountable why is a majority of players running around fully decked out in medium-heavy armor ?

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2011, 12:48:51 pm »
oh, long time no see one of these threads with "I will leave"-threat included. they became quite rare.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2011, 01:13:42 pm »
+3
I have already seen the population of C-rpg drop just in the time I've been online.

This illusion pops up every few weeks and the answer is always the same. We have statistics about it and we look at those stats too. Player base has been remarkably stable, we get constant 3000ish unique players every day, which is the way it has been for quite a while.

Obviously people leave, but new people join. Count of new people signing up stays steady and apparently covers the amount of people who leave for whatever reason so the overall population remains steady.

As for the original topic of the thread. I agree that upkeep is not the perfect solution, but it's clearly the best one anyone's been able to come up with so far. Sure, it gives advantage to old players, but that's how it is with any system that has character progression. The whole point of progression is that chars get better so obviously new players start weaker than oldies.

If you have a better system, please write an understandable post about it. This is the best that we've been able to figure out.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2011, 01:29:58 pm »
Find the good players on your team and support them with pike/long spear. This will help him/them massively which will increase your chance of getting a multiplier. If you're on a horse like you, bumping people for your team is always gold. I can't count the amount of times I've assisted my team by bumping enemies with my US_Cavalry alt.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2011, 01:36:06 pm »
+1
my US_Cavalry alt.

Omg thats you?! You horse killer, I'll def hunt you even more when I see you now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2011, 01:36:39 pm »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2011, 02:03:53 pm »
Omg thats you?! You horse killer, I'll def hunt you even more when I see you now.

Well, there's several of them. If your hate is directed at someone else than Walker, you don't have to hunt me more. :wink:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2011, 03:22:47 pm »
+2
Hello, i play crpg for more than 1 year so i think i'll be able to give you some advices (which have certainly already given).

- First, you should not have an hybrid built if you don't have money : You'll have low wpf and 2, or more, weapons --> high upkeep and maximal chance to repair every round.

- If I were you, i would give up cavalry, it's not worth it, and the upkeep is very high.

- Take the byzantium banner or nord banner (or other clan which can make 5-1/5-0 score) or if you re motivated enough, join a clan, you have to know that many clans are not doing a selection and take everyone who come on ts and play at least 2 or 3h per week.

I guess all those tips have already been given. However, i think it's difficult to follow advices when you're insulted in the same post.
And in my opinion, the problem is not upkeeps, but the fact that you have (most of the time) a x1. So the third advice is certainly the most important one.
I also agree with some poeple when they say that the banner balance is a bit rude to bear for clanless/new poeple : I usually do 6/8k gold in 1 hour of game, which is a bit too much. So i guess that the guy who is never in my team because he has not my banner doesn't do more than 1 or 2k, or even have loss. (and i have 49k gears).
I have no solution to keep the banner balance without penalizing clanless players. The only solution for you is to take a clan's banner (many players do that, it's quite annoying for my clan cause it separates us and most of players who spoil our banner are not bad, so unbalancing is increased).

And for other poeple here : It's quite sad to see so many poeple trolling a new player who try to argument and who remain respectfull despite insults, but i'm pretty surprised to see some admin trolling him too. Even if he is wrong, as an admin you should not be that mean with a player.

Ps: Sorry if I did grammar mistakes.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 03:25:07 pm by Renegat »

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2011, 03:28:36 pm »
Upkeep works, just don't be stupid with your money. You use crossbow and bolts, expensive 1h and expensive shield, helmet, chest, gloves and boots, and on top of that A HORSE. Sure its all medium gear, but you're carrying a lot of different items and they add up.

This is what I did when I played cav.

x1 light armor on foot, 1h weapon, crappy shield
x2 medium armor on foot, 1h weapon, medium shield
x3 medium armor on horse, 1h weapon, medium shield
x4 heavy armor on armoured horse, 1h weapon, good shield
x5 heavy armor on armoured horse, 1h weapon, good shield, xbow or a lance

I ALWAYS made money if I upgraded my gear depending on multiplier.

And you're 4th gen, how are you a new player? By 4th gen you should have at least a few hundred thousand in the bank, unless you blew it all on looms, or was stupid and didn't manage your money right. If so, you deserve to be poor.

It's better to use the same gear all the time. It makes your timing the best possible. You will get used to it and then after the x1 4 eva you will have x5 and total result will be better for you. In the same gear for all the time you will be more effective.

What is important is not only the amount of body armour you have but also the weight. Being able to move fast makes you safer. It's harder to shoot you, your footwork is better and therefore you gain the advantage during fighting. Some famous and skilled players are certainly able to upkeep the most expensive gear, but not always this gear is worth enough to be upkeeped by them. I used to use medium+ gear and noticed that I was dying after 2 hits ( it was 15/24 2h ). After I had started using medium- gear ( weaker, cheaper, less heavy) I was still dying after 2 hits, but making  money was easier and also my speed made me win a few fights with rly skilled guys.

Sometimes there is no point to wear heavy and expensive gear. I usually used it just to look awesome ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Blocking axes with my face since June 2011
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan (SHC)
  • Game nicks: SHC_Draggon, SHC_Draggonfang, SHC_Draggonclaw
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2011, 05:06:33 pm »
Okay I stopped reading about halfway through the entire thread so someone may have mentioned this or something similar already - apologies if this is redundant (actually it looks like Nagasoup has the same idea on some of this).

My advice to any new folks out there who are having trouble making cash (I am relatively new to cRPG myself - maybe 6 months or so).
I'm only Gen4 and have accumulated 1 Lordly (+3 item) and 1 Balanced item (+2) and at one point had approximately 1.4 million gold (during Gen3).  Not saying this to brag, only to say that it can be done thru a little careful planning.

Easy formula for modifiers:
x1 = 10k gear set
x2 = 20k gear set
x3 = 30k gear set
and so on...

Once you gain a Loom Point sell it.  Reason for this is that you can make more gold selling one than using the point yourself on an item.
Turn that money around to Buy an Heirloomed item on the market.  I know, it's wierd that it works like that but it does.  Sometimes you can snatch items off the market for around 250k per Loom point.  But you can sell a Loom Point for 400-475k.

Even when you have money in the bank, don't go crazy with gear or you'll go backwards.  Keep using the modifier formula above and you'll ALWAYS be gaining gold.  I promise.

Once you have about 400k or more gold you can actually start playing the cRPG Market.  Buying low and selling higher.  Just recently bought a shield for 250k, traded it for a sword, and sold that for 325k.

Another thing you can do is put your Main in Strategus, craft to raise gold, and then sell that gold for around 25:1 ratio for cRPG gold.  Something that requires literally no effort since your character crafts all day while you fuck, play cRPG, work, sleep, eat, shit, w/e.

Anyway, these are just a few tricks for newbies - or anyone.  Honestly hope it helps because this mod is awesome and we need to keep the player base up.  So helping new folks is a must.  Or the game will die.

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2011, 05:10:48 pm »
+1
This community is classic! Tell all the puppies to sell their loompoints, which is no official or controlable ingame feature and then mock them, when they get scammed.  :lol:
määääääääääh!