Author Topic: I'm done with C-RPG unless upkeep costs change  (Read 12573 times)

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
Re: I'm done with C-RPG unless upkeep costs change
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2011, 07:37:47 pm »
+1
Honestly I think there are only three ways you will have problems with upkeep in this game:

1. You ride a horse.
2. You use gear that you don't have WPF in.
3. You do stupid things with your money.

First off, newbies go 25 levels without upkeep. That's plenty of time to save up a good chunk of money as long as you don't blow it on crap. It is hilariously easy to make money in this mod. My main uses about 35k in gear and I make a shit-ton of money. Hell, even one of my alts has 400k in the bank.

If you are having problems with upkeep, you are doing something wrong.

Oh, also about banner balance. I'm not a fan of banner balance. It's no fun to be on the team that rolls the other team all the time 'cause of your clanmates. It's also not fun to be on the team that's getting rolled due to another clan. I've always thought that strat should be for playing with your clanmates and the pubs should be about proper balance. I think I'm in the minority on this one though.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:43:04 pm by rustyspoon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2011, 07:38:41 pm »
Hold it. I think this is your problem. Once you get better at the game, you will help your team achieve a constant higher multiplier. Once this happens, you will be able to make money on much more equipment.

Sadly , no amount of skills can make you win versus armies of clans stack on the same team ,  especially when BB put you vs clans all the time

This form of balance is twisted and evil and you guys in clans need to remove the clan homer glasses 

People  dont take into consideration that playing on 1x all the time you dont make money regardless of your gear

clan stack and play on 5x all the time : even a full plated user can make money

a pubbie that refuse to change banner as a cheap solution and fights clans all the time :  mostly on 1x no money !

to the original poster : this is a battle you cant win , i stopped fighting about BB a while ago , its working as intended (lulz)

Offline gdijim

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2011, 08:02:12 pm »
I'll chime in one last time - but the poster above makes my point precisely.

Yes, if I were consistently getting something other than X1, I probably wouldn't have a huge problem with up-keep.  As it is, my gold drains pretty slowly and my gear remains partially repaired. 

But the fact is the last upkeep change, plus the relentless banner-balance screws people and pretty much ensures they're not going to see anything but X1 the entire night, unless they were lucky enough to be placed on the heavy-clan team.

It's not just black and white, the way some of the trolls in here (or some of the clan players that can't see past the fact they are in a clan that is consistently on server, and is consistently winning) are making it out to be.  It's just not.

So like I said, take it as a whine, or whatever, but according to my experiences there is a problem somewhere in the balance and upkeep mechanics that greatly benefit the already-strong.

chadz - I'm curious as to your response, and if you have more to add.

Jim

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2011, 08:04:19 pm »
Yeah well teamplay wins, as it should be. If you are losing, start teamplaying, join a clan.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2011, 08:06:09 pm »
I dont find it to be an issue atm but you gotta have a huge gold buffer for em silly days where u just lose tons of gold  :wink:

If some few people Cough!! Cough!! Georges Cough!!   wanna run around in full plate armor swining a flamberge but paying the price by retiring and selling loom points let him idc.....

But the upkeep could use a new system where it doenst just pick random items somedays you just out of luck and repair your FX plate mittens x7 times in a row.......

My record is x8 times in a row atm  :shock:

So even with total worth of gear say 30k you still not safe for some random upkeep shitstorm  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:11:24 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2011, 08:20:40 pm »
Yeah well clanstack using TS wins, as it should be. If you are losing, start teamplaying, join a clan.

Fixed that for you

teamplaying as nothing to do with clans , of course the clans will win as its far easier to do teamplay that way
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:21:42 pm by hippy_with_a_scimi »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2011, 08:39:35 pm »
I always thincked that i'm average player, but damm i'm clanless and i make money, i must be good then.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2011, 08:51:30 pm »
Perhaps you should play on the servers without banner balance then, problem solved, why bother the rest of us? If you remove banner balance 80% of this mod would stop playing.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2011, 09:10:28 pm »
"Perhaps you should play on the servers without people, problem solved, why bother the rest of us? If you remove banner balance 80% of this mod would stop playing."
And how!

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2011, 09:22:50 pm »

But the upkeep could use a new system where it doenst just pick random items somedays you just out of luck and repair your FX plate mittens x7 times in a row.......

My record is x8 times in a row atm  :shock:

So even with total worth of gear say 30k you still not safe for some random upkeep shitstorm  :mrgreen:

And how many times they were not broken?

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2011, 09:32:08 pm »
I've been playing c-rpg for about 4 months now, and it's a really enjoyable mod.  However, after certain patches, the upkeep costs for even moderate gear have become un-coverable.

I refuse to play this any longer - the devs guys merely exaggerated a problem that already existed - High level, super-long term players can run around in full plate without an issue, while people who are relatively new to the game have to run around in sub-par gear all the time.  The result is a few awesome players that get 20 and 1 KD ratios, and then the rest of us who are merely fodder.

You can call this what you will - a rant, a whine, etc.  But I refuse to play a game where I can't even play with the gear that I own consistently.

And before anyone says "Sell a loom point" - go screw - there's no reason I should have to sell a point that takes so god-awful long to accrue, simply so I can use my gear.

I'm done.

Jim

this is my default loadout... i can say i use it every round and i'm actually able to gain money (very slowly tho).

Klappvisier
Lordly green rus cuirass
Lordly plate mittens
Splinted leather boots
Mighty Morningstar
Medium wooden ladder

Default equipment
Armor: 52h 72b 49l Cost: 66,064 gold Slots: 4/4

So, there is a issue with you playing in x1 most of the time, playing a build with very low WPF, or you hope to stay in blackarmor+horse all day long... then yes, maybe you can't upkeep it.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2011, 09:56:27 pm »
I have a hard time making gold too.  I can break even (seemingly) with like 40k worth of stuff on a 1h/shield build.  If I'm under that I make money for sure.  If I try to use anything too fancy (plate mittens, or bring an xbow too many rounds) then I get hit too hard and have to stop for a while.

What helps is the marketplace.  Sure, you can sell loompoints and get a big influx, and then buy a cheaper loom with the money, but that's not what I mean.  I consistently trade on the market while I'm levelling, and it really helps my income.  Out of every few trades I may make 10k or 20k (or more!) and it really helps.  Or you can sell your loom, buy a cheaper one, and try to sell it for more money.  Do that a few times and it really helps supplement your income!

Yes, you may get burned a few times (buying an item too high, or having to sell it too low) but then you learn what the items are worth.  It's really fun! :)

Example:  I am gen 4, but I have 5 gens worth of looms.  :D  This is all from trading, selling, and re-trading my way up!  Plus I've got a nice buffer for upkeep.

Try the market dood...it's like a game within a game.  Also, the more people that participate, the funner it is!

edit: ALSO i've tried like every good 1h weapon in loomed form.  Trading around lets you try all kinds of shit.  Fun as hell.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:10:02 pm by Garison »

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2011, 10:09:34 pm »
Sell a loompoint
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline CoWorm

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Conqueror_Worm, Nyarla
  • IRC nick: CoWorm
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2011, 10:57:11 pm »
I was thinking about making a thread with this exact topic myself actually, but aiming more in the upkeep is still too low direction. Still to many cans and heavy horses out and about, and would love to see average gear level a tad bit lower.

Also, MaHuD, stop using that Steel Pick you have close to 0 proficiency in and maybe you make some more money  :P

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2011, 11:01:11 pm »
If some few people Cough!! Cough!! Georges Cough!!   wanna run around in full plate armor swining a flamberge but paying the price by retiring and selling loom points let him idc.....

Sorry but Georges doesn't need to retire & sell loom points to afford his full shiny plate cause he was born with it and he'll probably die in it (unless someone stabs him while he's naked & shagging)......

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login