Poll

Should the polearm stun be removed from cRPG ?

yes
54 (49.5%)
yes, but it should stay for some specific polearms
35 (32.1%)
no
20 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: November 04, 2011, 02:31:06 am

Author Topic: Remove the polearm stun in the next patch please.  (Read 41914 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: Remove the polearm stagger in the next patch please.
« Reply #525 on: April 14, 2012, 04:46:23 pm »
And I laugh at people like you who think I play. :D

So your saying your not even playing the game anymore  :?: hmn this explains alot i guess..  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:47:57 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 14, 2012, 04:46:38 pm »
+1
I laugh at people who think removing polestagger won't upset class balance.

(click to show/hide)
It definitely will upset the class balance. Polearm is the strongest melee class now, the removal of polearm stagger will equalize polearms with the rest. I played a 2h to lvl 32, then a polearmer to lvl 32, then 1 gen of 1h without shield, now doing a gen of 2h, going to level a 1h without shield to 32 next.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #527 on: April 14, 2012, 04:56:09 pm »
+2
It definitely will upset the class balance. Polearm is the strongest melee class now

Oh, then maybe I should play a bit. Last time I did, a couple of weeks ago, the balance was good... I wonder what happened in the meantime to make polearms so overpowered.

this coming from a polearm user...

this coming from a non-polearm user...

You see the problem with your reasoning?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2301
  • Infamy: 3000
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 14, 2012, 04:57:27 pm »
+1
I wouldn't call them overpowered, but I do agree that it's kinda hard to beat someone spamming certain polearms if you use greatswords. I admit I suck against those weapons (glaive, poleaxe, naginatas).

Also those polearms rarely glance, while my german greatsword with 6 ps glance quite a lot.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 14, 2012, 05:05:44 pm »
Cmp...  some people including myself used to be polearm a user an we still wanted polestagger gone when posting in this thread.. i dunno im like teeth i switch build n class pretty often just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they are lobbying....

I like to play all classes except archery...

Im just like many other people fed up with retarded game mechanism like polestagger....

Why dont you explain to us frustrated people why weapons like the GLA or Poleaxes or glaive ect ect need polestagger  :?:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:08:38 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #530 on: April 14, 2012, 05:20:02 pm »
+1
Polearm is the strongest melee class now, the removal of polearm stagger will equalize polearms with the rest.

I think 1H is the best class but that it's a general good balance right now.

The poleaxes have comparable swing damage to the greatswords, but a shitload more stab damage. For example, a german poleaxe is on par with the average greatsword length and speed wise, while having more damage on all fronts.

Only the right swing is comparable length-wise to the greatswords.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #531 on: April 14, 2012, 05:20:51 pm »
+4
Why dont you explain to us frustrated people why weapons like the GLA or Poleaxes or glaive ect ect need polestagger  :?:

I actually don't think they need polestagger as it is, because I don't really like the "completely random" part of it. However, I also think that taking it out of the equation completely, without even considering the effects that it might have on balance, is just my-class-needs-to-be-stronger lobbying.
Unfortunately, changing the way it works is a quite time consuming task (unlike removing it), so I don't see it happening anytime soon, unless somebody steps up and does it.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 14, 2012, 05:31:08 pm »
+1
Oh, then maybe I should play a bit. Last time I did, a couple of weeks ago, the balance was good... I wonder what happened in the meantime to make polearms so overpowered.

There's a world of difference between something being the strongest and being so overpowered. Its more like a subtle advantage. Ofcourse this is a very personal opinion, playing as a polearmer felt the easiest to me. The German poleaxe is overall the best infantry weapon in my book. Even when they are just balanced with the other melee classes, polearm gives you versatility like no other. Being a lancer or a pikeman, its all possible with polearm wpf. This makes polearm the best class.

Only the right swing is comparable length-wise to the greatswords.
Which is half the attacks you use anyway, oh and the rightswing is as long as the overhead, don't underestimate the range of the polearm overhead. Used a german poleaxe for the bulk of my polearm time and I never felt at a disadvantage range wise or speed wise, however I felt a big advantage damage wise compared to my time as a greatsworder.

You mean shielders or do you mean 1h without a shield?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 14, 2012, 05:50:50 pm »
I actually don't think they need polestagger as it is, because I don't really like the "completely random" part of it. However, I also think that taking it out of the equation completely, without even considering the effects that it might have on balance, is just my-class-needs-to-be-stronger lobbying.

I cant see how polearms would become obsolete or even useless or bad if you removed the polestagger i dont know what your talking about when talking about removing polestagger completely would upset balance tbh..  :?

Are you thinking about how pikes/spears would work without polestagger  :?: is it the animation/reach diffrence between polearms/2h/1h  :?:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:56:01 pm by Tzar »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #534 on: April 14, 2012, 05:51:47 pm »
+1
You mean shielders or do you mean 1h without a shield?

Good shielders. A good player with the protection of a shield is incredibly hard to take down compared to a good player with a two-hander/polearm. I don't think shielder is the best class for bad players, but the increased survivability you grant a good player with a shield make them a formidable force to be reckoned with. More so then by giving them a polearm/two-hander.

Which is half the attacks you use anyway

Which shows a problem with polearms. 1H have four good attacking animations, same does 2H, while polearm have a garbage of an animation which leaves them with only three good ones (shit left swing)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:54:09 pm by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 2783
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 14, 2012, 05:58:39 pm »

1H is the best because it's the only normal class out there that doesn't rely on douchebagery like other (longer) weapons.

But it's hardest to get great scores as 1H.

It's easiest to score good with your build and weapon. Low risk, great rewards, kill stealing all the time.

But I do understand why you think 1H is strong. It's the rare melee class that can reliably kill pikemen :wink:

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 14, 2012, 07:02:34 pm »
Which shows a problem with polearms. 1H have four good attacking animations, same does 2H, while polearm have a garbage of an animation which leaves them with only three good ones (shit left swing)
True

1H is the best because it's the only normal class out there that doesn't rely on douchebagery like other (longer) weapons.
I dare to call the leftswingspam that most 1h do douchebaggery.

But it's hardest to get great scores as 1H.

But I do understand why you think 1H is strong. It's the rare melee class that can reliably kill everyone :wink:
Fixed that for you, people really suck at blocking 1h.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 14, 2012, 07:13:54 pm »
+1
While it is true that a lot of people fail at blocking 1h it is also true that it takes forever to kill someone in good armor unless the RNG gods are on your side.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 14, 2012, 07:45:08 pm »
+1
While it is true that a lot of people fail at blocking 1h it is also true that it takes forever to kill someone in good armor unless the RNG gods are on your side.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 14, 2012, 09:02:55 pm »
Didn't have too much trouble with 8 ps, 35c damage and getting easy headhits. In a 1 vs 1 you can kill someone fast cause they'll miss a lot more blocks than with a slow 2h. Its just that if you can't focus on enemy you'll just tickle a handful of em, cause you can't get those headhits as easily at range.