Poll

Should the polearm stun be removed from cRPG ?

yes
54 (49.5%)
yes, but it should stay for some specific polearms
35 (32.1%)
no
20 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: November 04, 2011, 02:31:06 am

Author Topic: Remove the polearm stun in the next patch please.  (Read 41895 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Remove the polearm stagger in the next patch please.
« Reply #555 on: April 16, 2012, 08:57:33 am »
polestagger is just that, making a normal stun last long enough for a second hit to be put in. just make it a normal stun again, and where did you conclude it would be up to remove polestagger? because a dev whos main is a polearmplayer who never plays enymore posts his personal ingame experience?

Because poles in general are shorter than 2h (this is counting the animations) and their models are easier to read, if you ask me. Also pole left swing is quite useless.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #556 on: April 16, 2012, 08:59:06 am »
+2
I'm willing to lobby and petition day and night to remove the pole arm insta spin thrust if you'll stop posting with the same tired, moot points Rufio.(I'm trying to meet you half way here).
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #557 on: April 16, 2012, 09:09:57 am »
why i keep repeating this is because people come with stupid arguments like noo its  not op with lower wpf builds, ( witch is still a lie ) .If i hit you with my polearm : glance or full hit>> you will get staggered > and me actually knowing what im doing unlike 90% of fucktards saying polestagger is fine, is il hiltslash  your ass after that glance or hit, and that slash will hit you hard as hell and you wont be able to do enything about it. also in group combat, my hit will stun you , and only wont you be able to blcok, you will also be stuck in movement, meaning you're a free hit for melee and ranged. also every damn pro player ( chase , gurnisson , and many more ) who have posted in this thread, and whom actually dominate ingame and are known within the community to be some of the best! and whom all are polearm mains or have played alot of gens as polearmer, concur and agree fully that polestagger needs to go. and that it wouldnt affect ballance in a negative way. so yes i will continue with these arguments and lobbying and no idc about you meeting me halfway wtf is that about gtfo.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #558 on: April 16, 2012, 09:26:14 am »
why i keep repeating this is because people come with stupid arguments like noo its  not op with lower wpf builds, ( witch is still a lie ) .If i hit you with my polearm : glance or full hit>> you will get staggered > and me actually knowing what im doing unlike 90% of fucktards saying polestagger is fine, is il hiltslash  your ass after that glance or hit, and that slash will hit you hard as hell and you wont be able to do enything about it. also in group combat, my hit will stun you , and only wont you be able to blcok, you will also be stuck in movement, meaning you're a free hit for melee and ranged. also every damn pro player ( chase , gurnisson , and many more ) who have posted in this thread, and whom actually dominate ingame and are known within the community to be some of the best! and whom all are polearm mains or have played alot of gens as polearmer, concur and agree fully that polestagger needs to go. and that it wouldnt affect ballance in a negative way. so yes i will continue with these arguments and lobbying and no idc about you meeting me halfway wtf is that about gtfo.

Your rage makes me so happy. It's simply a shame that you're not on NA; you could be the next farmer nate.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 16, 2012, 09:32:52 am »
+1

It was basically my half joking way of calling you a biased idiot that needs to stop posting. What's more, people have already responded on several occasions in response to your points, only to have you write them off as skillless idiots who don't know what they are talking about. Yes, Polestagger is stupid, yes it's annoying, but so are plenty of other mechanics in game(people have been giving examples for a while now but I doubt you actually read through any post that wasn't of similar nature to yours or tzar's),so I really don't care that much and it certainly isn't game breaking.  You also managed to bring out the "all the good players agree" argument. Great work.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #560 on: April 16, 2012, 09:46:03 am »
Polestagger is the only flaw of its kind in crpg. the other responses in this thread trying to counter polestagger issue with an animation issue or what not are worthless arguments. all other annoying mechanic's flaws are counterable through practice and skill, but polestagger isnt, witch makes it gamebreaking yes, and yes ima go put you in the worhtless nuub box to now. thanks for your oppinion thow it did add alot to the discussion.

oh and edit* yes ima use the good players argument, its like you know when you go to somone for an oppinion, you tend to listen to those of whom you know are experienced in the field and have stuck great time into learning about all the different aspects of that field. but ye i guess youd rather just listen to the oppinions and arguments that fit your vision best.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:49:10 am by rufio »

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 16, 2012, 09:54:28 am »
Great points, i'm going to practice countering kick slashes, bump lances and bump slashes in the duel server right now!

Seriously though, you're an idiot and im just going to acknowledge that and leave you to it.

And no, I don't believe that people understand how to balance a game simply from being good at it, sorry.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:56:04 am by Darkkarma »

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
Re: Remove the polearm stun in the next patch please.
« Reply #562 on: April 16, 2012, 09:54:59 am »
but ye i guess youd rather just listen to the oppinions and arguments that fit your vision best.

sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 16, 2012, 09:58:15 am »
kick slash isnt that bad, but have you ever been kick slash > slashed?  guess i got you there maybe? you arent gonna ever come out victorious by only proclaiming me an idiot, since you seem to think polestagger is fine. i really dont care much for what you think of me, what i care about is this topic and where it is going. ''polestagger must go'''!!

*edit, not only good , but the best, dude you clearly dont know these players, and what they are in the eu community, to blow off theyr oppinions because you have no knowledge of theyr skill and understanding of the game, through all classes not only 1. is maybe abit idiotic on itself, me ofc i might og overboard with the nuub, and scrub slander inbetween my posts, but hey idc im not at work here, atleast i understand what bs polestagger is and i know its different then a bump slash or bumplance.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:02:24 am by rufio »

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #564 on: April 16, 2012, 10:19:11 am »
+2
My suggestion for making polestagger deterministic still stays. Instead of the 50% chance one could make it so that a polestagger only happens if the target is doing an attack animation at the moment he is hit. With that stun locks would be impossible. Alternatively it could be a key_is_down check for the attack button, if that is possible serverside. But maybe then the time window is too small.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 16, 2012, 10:29:54 am »
i would like to know why polestagger should stay ballance wise in multiplayer? ive try'd to think of arguments people could give but failed.
what paul suggests could work but totally removing it would be eazier i think and would still not make polearms up.

*edit: work in duels, i think it wouldnt matter in the teamplay, since if you switch targets or hit people in the back, polestagger is still sertain death asin hits from other weps in the back dont stun you so horribly.
*secondedit: i hope you mean 50% chance when in attack move, not remove 50% and then make the attack move manditory, other wise if its only the attack move but 100% that would be a crazy ass buff and make polestagger even more op.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:37:08 am by rufio »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 16, 2012, 10:42:42 am »
+2
polestun is an amazing feature, it should stay in the game forever
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 16, 2012, 10:44:10 am »
xant i heard theyr gonna remake beowulf and grendell, and they still casting people to play grendell , i think you will be the ideal candidate!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 16, 2012, 12:34:26 pm »
+5
Hey bundle of stickss,

My name is 2handerPr0kdz, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day abusing polestagger. You are everything bad in cRPG. Honestly, have any of you ever tried any other weapon? I mean, I guess it's fun polestaggerning people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than bumplancing.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best stagger. I'm pretty much perfect. I was a pro in all games I played, and leader of a clan in strat. What games do you play, other than "be gay and spam polestagger"? I also get 10+ KDs, and have a banging hot Danish Greatsword (i just hiltslashed with it; Shit was SO cash). You are all bundle of stickss who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic related: It's me owning you

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:39:17 pm by Vibe »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #569 on: April 16, 2012, 01:51:42 pm »
herpa derp derp i crutch on polestagger must respond in thread with an idiotic none constructive way because i ran out of fail arguments derp derp

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:57:12 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.