Author Topic: [EU] Thomek  (Read 50843 times)

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: [EU] Thomek
« Reply #300 on: October 02, 2012, 09:12:35 pm »
+2
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 07:21:09 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #301 on: October 02, 2012, 09:20:01 pm »
+2
I will always agree with Wiltzu.

It's shame enough a nicely skilled HA got kicked.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #302 on: October 02, 2012, 09:20:52 pm »
Ofcourse in this event a kick was unneccesary, yet most of you people seem to think that if someone is fighting he is not delaying.

Now imagine this case with 20 people left on one team but without horses. Would he be allowed to keep shooting arrows for the remaining 4:15? I draw the line at someone having no chance of winning, maybe in the old days Jackie was able to kill 12 people on his own. Those days are over. In such situations one is allowed to shoot a few arrows, but should then switch to melee or dismount.

MotF comes up when it's a horse archer/xbow as the last one alive and more than 2 or 3 minutes of the round have expired.  Hang on to your emotions (Lou Reed reference). 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:28:08 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 02, 2012, 09:34:12 pm »
Wiltzu, just lock the thread. Both sides said what they wanted, there's clear evidence of Thomek's actions and even an admin, Everkistus, has made his input. Past this point the discussion will just spread to address other irrelevant matters that has nothing to do with this particular incident.

However, I'm disappointed to see the lack of Thomek's presence in this thread, but at this point it does not affect the outcome of the thread so better just lock it.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #304 on: October 02, 2012, 09:37:55 pm »
Just saw this thread.. But on my way out.

Merge it with my feedback-thread and I'll reply later.

It is a very good thread!

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #305 on: October 02, 2012, 09:38:57 pm »
It is 1 vs 20 , he is horse archer .
So yes your argumant is invalid , this is delaying.
He is lucky that Thomek didn't ban him though.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #306 on: October 02, 2012, 09:39:19 pm »
Tomek is best admin ever  :!: :!: :!:

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #307 on: October 02, 2012, 09:40:11 pm »
Just saw this thread.. But on my way out.

Merge it with my feedback-thread and I'll reply later.

It is a very good thread!
I'll see what I can do...

EDIT: Done
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:43:25 pm by Son Of Odin »

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 02, 2012, 09:45:46 pm »
MotF comes up when it's a horse archer/xbow as the last one alive and more than 2 or 3 minutes of the round have expired.  Hang on to your emotions (Lou Reed reference).
Master of the Flag has not proven to be effective at keeping horse archers from delaying, the flags usually take about 2 minutes until they show up or do not show up at all.

Ofc he wouldn't be able to carry on shooting arrows....he'd run out

And then he would be forced to charge, if he ran off to find more arrows then he would be delaying and kick him then, but in the meantime he was in his right to continue fighting. Are you telling me if you are the last person you should just stop no matter, it seems to me that any HA or HX is automatically dealt with harsher because they are considered more of an irritant than a round winner.
You should get yourself killed if you have no chance of winning after shooting a handful of arrows. Obviously for most other classes delaying is almost a non issue, because if there is 20 people hunting you then you can't fight and stay out of harms way for long.

And a horsearcher shooting all of his arrows can take pretty long, especially if he manages to snatch a quiver along the way, which if it doesn't take much time is probably not delaying according to you.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #309 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:55 pm »
+5
Teeth, he's fighting, there are tons of ranged shooting at him in the screen, just 'cause he isn't suiciding doesn't mean he is delaying.
Also, moving this into Thomeks my old friendmin thread is a nice way to have it disappear forever.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:55:05 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #310 on: October 02, 2012, 09:57:03 pm »
+2
Teeth, he's fighting, there are tons of ranged shooting at him in the screen, just 'cause he isn't suiciding doesn't mean he is delaying.

No! He clearly has a chance of killing a few people on the other team, he must be kicked because it's just outrageous that one person can be left alive and kill a few people before he's struck down by an arrow.  Blasphemy!

On a serious note, SgtTeeth appears to believe that if you're the last person alive on a team, you should stick your thumb up your ass, curl up into a ball in the middle of the map and die a horrible death of a thousand two handed swords.  Why should they not try to kill as many as they can before they die?  Who gives a damn if it takes him two minutes to dispatch all of his arrows, the game is still going on as long as there are people alive on either team and you should show some patience.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 02, 2012, 10:09:12 pm »
No! He clearly has a chance of killing a few people on the other team, he must be kicked because it's just outrageous that one person can be left alive and kill a few people before he's struck down by an arrow.  Blasphemy!

On a serious note, SgtTeeth appears to believe that if you're the last person alive on a team, you should stick your thumb up your ass, curl up into a ball in the middle of the map and die a horrible death of a thousand two handed swords.  Why should they not try to kill as many as they can before they die?  Who gives a damn if it takes him two minutes to dispatch all of his arrows, the game is still going on as long as there are people alive on either team and you should show some patience.
This, and Teeth, you're in Chases clan, you should know better, how many times haven't guys like Chase killed 20+ enemies while being the last one around?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:12:50 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 02, 2012, 10:22:41 pm »
+1
Also, moving this into Thomeks my old friendmin thread is a nice way to have it disappear forever.
I'm talking in general now, this particular situation did not require a kick and was not delaying...yet.

As you may not know, horsearchers don't kill all that many people. 2 minutes will maybe give them two kills. It's just plainly selfish to not let yourself die a heroic death by going into melee or dismounting.

This, and Teeth, you're in Chases clan, you should know better, how many times haven't guys like Chase killed 20+ enemies while being the last one around?
The thing with melee players being alive and fighting 20 players, is that they are in constant danger and their fighting will either result in their dead or the deads of many others. Horse archers do just not have that damage potential while being able to stay out of harms way while they shoot their arrows.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 02, 2012, 10:28:11 pm »
+2
When I'm the last guy alive if I'm fighting some ranged/cav actively I'll finish those fights, then I'll suicide in order to not delay, but the rules support the HAs in these situations, and regardless what you think the rules should be it's not ok to break their current state.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #314 on: October 02, 2012, 10:33:08 pm »
+6
On the NA Servers, it was already decided long ago that the rules allow a lone horse archer to continue engaging as long as they have ammunition and are using it. I'm surprised that EU has a different stance.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.