Author Topic: [EU] Thomek  (Read 50751 times)

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
Re: [EU] Thomek
« Reply #315 on: October 02, 2012, 10:52:55 pm »
+3
Goztepe was even mentioned as gaining valour that round, which means he dealt as much damage as the top players that round. Very unsmooth move, Thomek, very unsmooth, but then again, you were never known to be smooth in cRPG. :)
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline DeWalker

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nords
  • Game nicks: Laconicus
« Reply #316 on: October 02, 2012, 11:06:34 pm »
+3
Nice attempt at hiding it in this forum, it's just a shame that Thomek has clearly read it yet not explained the reasoning for it. Let's face it there isn't a good one.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:47:19 am by DeWalker »

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #317 on: October 02, 2012, 11:17:08 pm »
+1
He wrote that he'll respond later since he was heading out to town.

Also, I should abuse more. I haven't had any activity in my thread for 6 mnoths :(

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #318 on: October 02, 2012, 11:20:06 pm »
+2
On the NA Servers, it was already decided long ago that the rules allow a lone horse archer to continue engaging as long as they have ammunition and are using it. I'm surprised that EU has a different stance.

Especially after the change where MotF pops up if the last guy alive is a horse archer or horse xbow
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #319 on: October 02, 2012, 11:21:03 pm »
+5
On the NA Servers, it was already decided long ago that the rules allow a lone horse archer to continue engaging as long as they have ammunition and are using it. I'm surprised that EU has a different stance.

Eu doesnt.  some dev clearly stated that,  as long as attacking within the possibilities of the class,  it is not delaying.  a kiting archer,  a shooting HA etc etc,  all is within the rules
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 02, 2012, 11:57:58 pm »
+2
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 07:21:05 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Mike_of_Kingswell

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • If a guy looks dangerous he probably is.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell
  • IRC nick: MikeOfKingswell
« Reply #321 on: October 03, 2012, 12:13:47 am »
+4
So next time you are alive and last left and because you are melee, yet you are managing to do a relatively good job of blocking and killing a few as you are a relatively skilled player should i complain to the admin that you are delaying by fighting back when the odds are still inevitable and that you require a kick. No of course not that's bullshit and you know it, yet it is the same scenario as that of the HA except its an outrage when a HA does it because it's a class everyone hates.

My thought exactly. Just because your playstyle is different doesnt make the situation different.
So -according to this- next time I see you as last man on the map I expect you, Teeth,to stand by your own words and to stop fighting but instead die instantly (or just join spectator) because it is not bareable for 100 ppl to wait just for one single twohandhero to finish his buisness of killing his enemys.

See how this doesnt make sence? Just because people hate horsearchers or have a different playstyle they shouldnt have different rules.

€: And since this is in the Admin feedbackthread now:
I herby declare I am not happy with this admin's dealings.
In memory of Fallen_Mike_of_Kingswell, member of The Coalition of Fallen and HRE, ruler of Ismirala Castle

Offline DeWalker

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nords
  • Game nicks: Laconicus
« Reply #322 on: October 03, 2012, 12:51:51 am »
+1
Also it's unsurprising to find a very similar incident on page 2 of this thread. Enough is enough, I'm certain you could find enough clearcut incidents in this thread to finally come to a conclusion that he makes his own rules.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 03, 2012, 02:34:19 am »
+2
* karasu notices that the mod needs more Nuffens. Not enough nuffens.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #324 on: October 03, 2012, 02:42:11 am »
Ok here we go again..  (btw thanks for support guys!)

A lot of emotions are obviously flying around here, both about my decision(s), my admining and some old personal grudges.. It's a nasty soup.

I'll write this in list format so everyone can read and understand.

What happened:

* GK_Goztepe35 was last on his team with about 23 enemies chasing him. Many of them cav and HA/HX.
* I observed him for a while, trying to see if he realized if he was last on the team. He kept distance and riding away.
* I warned him. As screened in the first post I wrote: ok no delaying
* Still no reaction from him. No going melee, no turning around, just ignoring my warning.
* How many seconds passed, I don't know, and I can't check right now because the logs are down.
* I kicked him, mostly for ignoring the warning. Yes I know he would have been dead a few seconds after, but in my mind, someone who ignores a warning and keeps delaying, deserves a kick nevertheless.
* I kicked him about 3 seconds before xp/tick-time. As keeping him longer would have increased repair for his entire team.

Background:

* Goztepe is not a fresh player, and as stated before in this thread, he (as well as others) are known for drawing things out when it is completely unnecessary. I think I can recall kicking him for this before, without being 100% sure.
* He for sure knows what is about to happen when I give a warning to the last HA alive.
* A kick is just a kick. Not a ban, not the end of the world. Some people seems to take that too seriously here..

Personal grudges
* Zlisch hates me for giving him a short ban for abusing chat directly at me. I think his motivation here is more emotional than rational.
* Rumour says Blindguy is formerly Templar_Grey right? (Who I permabanned for trying to frame random players in the ban section.) If not, let me be excused.

People who weren't there

The rules
Ok. You are right. He is allowed to fight on as long as he wishes. But in practice so many players and especially HA/HX are abusing this loophole, and what it leads to are long drawn out rounds. Just for their own entertainment or that extra tick. In 90% of cases it's not even fun to watch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And let's stop the bullshit.

Goztepe, and every single one of you know very well my position,opinion, and practice about this matter.
I do it to promote a sportmanlike behaviour on the servers. To keep the game flowing, and not to waste your time because of one trolling ego every round.

With the trolling mentality we have, and trust me here, you don't want square admins who are powerless because some asshats are abusing loopholes in the rules.

The rules I'm talking about are basic. You (hopefully) learned them in kindergarden. If you play lame, other's stop playing with you. On the internet we can't just ignore you or refuse to play with you, that's why admins are needed..

Anyway. That's all I have to say about this matter.

This is now in the hands of our gods.. :)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1294
  • Infamy: 1452
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 03, 2012, 03:11:02 am »
You know why Thomek can get away with bullshit like this? Its because of the slander and lies like this one that is stated about Admin's in general. I didn't take a clan for almost 2 years, and certainly avoided it to sidestep the bias accusations. However, I realize that no matter what, no matter how even-handed you may be, there will always be some asshat who claims bias because they are butthurt. Most often it is someone who desperately wishes to be an Admin, but will never, ever, get it. Like ever.

The boy who cried wolf didn't get any action when shit was real either.

At this point I really have no reason to lie about anything regarding crpg. Also those "lies and slander" aren't hearsay, it's something I've experienced and seen with my own eyes.

But I never took crpg that serious to care so much about it. Even if I did care at times, now I realize how foolish I was.

Btw. everyone is biased, not just in crpg. That's how things work in life...

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #326 on: October 03, 2012, 07:48:03 am »
+6
Gnjus,

You have received a warning for posts in the admin feedback board that do not abide by the board rules. Read them carefully before posting there again.
Regards,
The Melee Gaming Team.

I drank quite a lot yesterday but I'd swear that this topic was in general discussion and not in admin feedback.  :P
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #327 on: October 03, 2012, 08:28:03 am »
+5

A lot of emotions are obviously flying around here, both about my decision(s), my admining and some old personal grudges.. It's a nasty soup.

What happened:

* GK_Goztepe35 was last on his team with about 23 enemies chasing him. Many of them cav and HA/HX.
K.
* I observed him for a while, trying to see if he realized if he was last on the team. He kept distance and riding away.
Nothing wrong with not suiciding directly if you're the last one alive, no one expects you to facehug the enemy if it's you vs 20 guys either.
But you warned him for nothing, he was according to the rules not delaying.
* Still no reaction from him. No going melee, no turning around, just ignoring my warning.
Because your warning was for doing nothing, no rules were broken, if I wrote in chat that everyone should go naked next round I doubt people would just do as I said.
* How many seconds passed, I don't know, and I can't check right now because the logs are down.
Well, it doesn't matter anyway, even if there passed 5 minutes it wouldn't have been delaying.
* I kicked him, mostly for ignoring the warning. Yes I know he would have been dead a few seconds after, but in my mind, someone who ignores a warning and keeps delaying playing the game with his class the way he is more or less supposed to play confirmed by the devs, deserves a kick nevertheless.
Fixed.
* I kicked him about 3 seconds before xp/tick-time. As keeping him longer would have increased repair for his entire team.
What a shit reason.

Background:

* Goztepe is not a fresh player, and as stated before in this thread, he (as well as others) are known for drawing things out when it is completely unnecessary. I think I can recall kicking him for this before, without being 100% sure.
I'm guessing the others are everyone? I don't seem to recall that many guys who instantly go spec when it appears that their team has lost, also, thanks for admitting that you regularly abuse your adminship and kick players without them breaking the rules.
* He for sure knows what is about to happen when I give a warning to the last HA alive.
K, well, that doesn't really matter, 'cause he still didn't actually break any rules.
* A kick is just a kick. Not a ban, not the end of the world. Some people seems to take that too seriously here..
If you got kicked every minute for playing using a katana would you complain?

Personal grudges
* Zlisch hates me for giving him a short ban for abusing chat directly at me. I think his motivation here is more emotional than rational.
K, and you hate cav really hard, I think your motivation for the kick here is more emotional than rational, regardless of my motivation all my arguments still make sense and besides, I hate you for not showing up at yesterdays strat battle, not for banning me.
* Rumour says Blindguy is formerly Templar_Grey right? (Who I permabanned for trying to frame random players in the ban section.) If not, let me be excused.
That's sorta funny.

People who weren't there

The rules
Ok. You are right. He is allowed to fight on as long as he wishes. But in practice so many players and especially HA/HX are abusing this loophole, and what it leads to are long drawn out rounds. Just for their own entertainment or that extra tick. In 90% of cases it's not even fun to watch.
It's not a loophole, devs themselves stated it's allowed, they were talking about HX so they certainly knew these kinda "delays" would happen, they're allowed to play for their own entertainment, I don't find spec'ing you very fun either, so I should kickpoll you if you're the last guy alive?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree, let's remove Thomeks adminship already.

Goztepe, and every single one of you know very well my position,opinion, and practice about this matter.
I do it to promote a sportmanlike behaviour on the servers. To keep the game flowing, and not to waste your time because of one trolling ego every round.
Well it's not very sportsmanlike to kick the last guy because you want a new game to start.
With the trolling mentality we have, and trust me here, you don't want square admins who are powerless because some asshats are abusing loopholes in the rules.
Still isn't a loophole.
The rules I'm talking about are basic. You (hopefully) learned them in kindergarden. If you play lame, other's stop playing with you. On the internet we can't just ignore you or refuse to play with you, that's why admins are needed..
K, katanas are lame, let's ban Thomek for using a katana, what's lame is subjective, and any admins should follow the rules, not some random stance on what is lame and what isn't.

This is now in the hands of our gods.. :)
Agreed, may Mork the goat god have no mercy on thy soul as we crucify thy heathen body for being the last guy alive without suiciding within one minute.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #328 on: October 03, 2012, 08:49:00 am »
+1
I drank quite a lot yesterday but I'd swear that this topic was in general discussion and not in admin feedback.  :P

It was at the time, Son of Odin then merged it with this one thus changing the location. I personally would ask for the warning to be lifted as your post at the time perfectly followed the Forum Rules, and some moderator then likely missed what posts were merged and threw around the hammer a bit carelessly.

Personally, I think Thomek could use a wee bit more patience with his kicks, but everything else is fine from what I've seen.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #329 on: October 03, 2012, 09:11:12 am »

What happened:

K.
Nothing wrong with not suiciding directly if you're the last one alive, no one expects you to facehug the enemy if it's you vs 20 guys either.
But you warned him for nothing, he was according to the rules not delaying.
Because your warning was for doing nothing, no rules were broken, if I wrote in chat that everyone should go naked next round I doubt people would just do as I said.
Well, it doesn't matter anyway, even if there passed 5 minutes it wouldn't have been delaying.
* I kicked him, mostly for ignoring the warning. Yes I know he would have been dead a few seconds after, but in my mind, someone who ignores a warning and keeps delaying playing the game with his class the way he is more or less supposed to play confirmed by the devs, deserves a kick nevertheless.
Fixed.
What a shit reason.
So you intentionally wanted to leave out a fucking tick? How are we supposed to earn xp/gold if we don't get a tick?

Background:

I'm guessing the others are everyone? I don't seem to recall that many guys who instantly go spec when it appears that their team has lost, also, thanks for admitting that you regularly abuse your adminship and kick players without them breaking the rules.
I'd be surprised if you actually wonder why some ppl hate you / want your admins to be removed. You even admitted that you abuse your admin rights.
K, well, that doesn't really matter, 'cause he still didn't actually break any rules.
If you got kicked every minute for playing using a katana would you complain?

Personal grudges
K, and you hate cav really hard, I think your motivation for the kick here is more emotional than rational, regardless of my motivation all my arguments still make sense and besides, I hate you for not showing up at yesterdays strat battle, not for banning me.
That's sorta funny.

People who weren't there
Have withnessed you doing this before also. As I'm trying to point out that this wasn't the only case.

The rules
It's not a loophole, devs themselves stated it's allowed, they were talking about HX so they certainly knew these kinda "delays" would happen, they're allowed to play for their own entertainment, I don't find spec'ing you very fun either, so I should kickpoll you if you're the last guy alive?
So for YOU to get to play you're ready to deny a tick for the rest 100 players in the server?
I agree, let's remove Thomeks adminship already.

Well it's not very sportsmanlike to kick the last guy because you want a new game to start.
Still isn't a loophole.
K, katanas are lame, let's ban Thomek for using a katana, what's lame is subjective, and any admins should follow the rules, not some random stance on what is lame and what isn't.

This is now in the hands of our gods..
Agreed, may Mork the goat god have no mercy on thy soul as we crucify thy heathen body for being the last guy alive without suiciding within one minute.
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.