Author Topic: Canceling draw when jumping  (Read 8952 times)

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
Re: Canceling draw when jumping
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2011, 12:51:02 pm »
+1
let me get this straight, i didnt played game lately so i dont know

archers cant jump and attack now but everyone else can ?

really ?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2011, 12:51:29 pm »
+2
let me get this straight, i didnt played game lately so i dont know

archers cant jump and attack now but everyone else can ?

really ?

Nah, apparently no ranged can attack while jumping.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2011, 12:57:00 pm »
+1
Ok, maybe people in the heaviest of armors wouldn't be jumping around. That still leaves 95% of melee players that could viably do it. Sure, the jump animation isn't the most beautiful one but that's hardly a large issue.

Why does attacking in air need to be completely removed or not at all? What's with the "all or nothing" attitude?

When did I say that kiting archers are retarded, much less insist?  :lol:

Hell you might be able to do it but it would be bloody hard. In any kind of armour. Chain mail ect is heavier than plate. Most armour doesn't allow you amazing freedom of movement. You certainly wouldn't get full damage and against a charging horse, the impact would damn well knock you down and seriously hurt you. But I'm pretty sure you can throw stuff with a jump, probably shoot a crossbow while jumping and with some bows, shoot whilst jumping. All of it would be bloody difficult and not worth the effort though and certainly not practical in a battlefield. So jump slashing should apply with that.

You didn't say retarded. But you still think they won't kite you any more. Which they will.
Yes, I can understand you being quite mad for not being able to kite and shoot at chasing infantry forever.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2011, 01:00:25 pm »
+1
You didn't say retarded. But you still think they won't kite you any more. Which they will.

No, I did not say that. I said "kite and shoot" which implies they are doing both at the same time; jump shooting allowed this. Moving away from your foe while drawing your bow and shooting instantly upon touching the ground. I never said they still wouldn't kite. And yes, you are correct: archers can still run and gain distance to shoot. This is all well and good.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2011, 01:02:49 pm »
+1
No, I did not say that. I said "kite and shoot" which implies they are doing both at the same time; jump shooting allowed this. Moving away from your foe while drawing your bow and shooting instantly upon touching the ground. I never said they still wouldn't kite. And yes, you are correct: archers can still run and gain distance to shoot. This is all well and good.

Ok so which argument are you  basing this on? It seems there are about 10 people arguing strongly for this, all from different angles.

You're saying your fine with archers kiting you. Just not jump shooting? I understand your trying to establish a difference between the priming your shot whilst jumping and running a bit further to prime you shot/turn/shoot. But there really is very little difference when it comes down to it. It has the same effect.

Yet others are saying they don't want jump shooting and they think jump shooting will stop kiting.
Some are saying it's not realistic.
Some are saying it looks stupid.

And I'm sure there are others.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:08:05 pm by Overdriven »

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2011, 01:04:48 pm »
+1
Kiting is fine so long as you are running to your team, if you the last alive then there should be a rule against kiting.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2011, 01:06:57 pm »
+1
Ok so which argument are you  basing this on? It seems there are about 10 people arguing strongly for this, all from different angles.

You're saying your fine with archers kiting you. Just not jump shooting? Yet half of your arguing in that other thread was raging about kiters.
Yet others are saying they don't want jump shooting and they think jump shooting will stop kiting.
Some are saying it's not realistic.
Some are saying it looks stupid.

And I'm sure there are others.

Jump shooting is what made kiting so retarded. It made it impossible for anyone without a shield to kill a half-decent archer. Normal kiting is fine, even though I don't think that archers should be able to run so fast. But it's pretty well balanced now.

Who said that jump shooting will stop kiting?

The devs did not state their reason for removing jumpshooting. I'm like purdy gosh darn sure that they didn't do it for it "looking stupid" but for balance reasons.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2011, 01:08:22 pm »
+2
I'm more than comfortable killing people in melee, even with the hammer, but now I'll just run without shooting until the infantry doesn't want to follow me anymore, just to be annoying. :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 01:10:08 pm »
+1
GK

Even if you succeed in hijacking the thread to try and make infantry unable to jump and slash at cav its not gonna happen the dev´s arent that stupid.

But lolz for trying  :D
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2011, 01:10:54 pm »
+1
Jump shooting is what made kiting so retarded. It made it impossible for anyone without a shield to kill a half-decent archer. Normal kiting is fine, even though I don't think that archers should be able to run so fast. But it's pretty well balanced now.

Who said that jump shooting will stop kiting?

The devs did not state their reason for removing jumpshooting. I'm like purdy gosh darn sure that they didn't do it for it "looking stupid" but for balance reasons.

Quite a lot of people have said jump shooting will stop kiting or near enough make it useless. Mostly infantry seem to be arguing that. Whilst a lot of archers have just said they will run for a bit longer just to gain the extra distance they need rather than jump shooting.

Archers usually run so fast because most inf wears heavier armour. It's not overly to do with athletics. I have 24 agi but 0 ath in my HA and can out run 90% of inf in my steppe armour. I'm not sure how you could change that to affect specifically archers when it's simply an armour thing.

Even if you succeed in hijacking the thread to try and make infantry unable to jump and slash at cav its not gonna happen the dev´s arent that stupid.

It's got nothing to do with that Tzar. As I stated in my other post.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:13:22 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2011, 01:12:59 pm »
+1
Quite a lot of people have said jump shooting will stop kiting or near enough make it useless. Mostly infantry seem to be arguing that. Whilst a lot of archers have just said they will run for a bit longer just to gain the extra distance they need rather than jump shooting.

Archers usually run so fast because most inf wears heavier armour. It's not overly to do with athletics. I have 24 agi but 0 ath in my HA and can out run 90% of inf in my steppe armour.

It's got nothing to do with that Tzar. As I stated in my other post.

Ok, quote "quite a lot of people." You've already shown that you put words into people's mouths, so forgive me for being skeptical.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2011, 01:13:39 pm »
+1
Archery is doing fine, on Pecores right now the whole fucking server is ranged nearly, hell even Atze's using his xbow alt.  Who needs to jump when the end of the rounds in cRPG look like this these days?  Oh and the yellow team?  ALL ranged. 

I'm last guy alive.  From left to right, the firing squad.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:16:14 pm by polkafranzi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2011, 01:21:45 pm »
+1
Ok, quote "quite a lot of people." You've already shown that you put words into people's mouths, so forgive me for being skeptical.

Hell just see Tzars post in reply to mine on the last page where he thinks that jumpshooting makes kiting 10x more effective. It doesn't.

Archery is doing fine, on Pecores right now the whole fucking server is ranged nearly, hell even Atze's using his xbow alt.  Who needs to jump when the end of the rounds in cRPG look like this these days?  Oh and the yellow team?  ALL ranged.

That's why I frequently avoid pecores...it's always like that for some reason. Lots of very good archers on there as well as bad ones  :|

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2011, 01:22:34 pm »
+1
Hell just see Tzars post in reply to mine on the last page.

Uh. What about them? Tzar's posts on the last page do not say this will stop archers from kiting.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2011, 01:24:21 pm »
+1
Uh. What about them? Tzar's posts on the last page do not say this will stop archers from kiting.

No but from his post he still seems to think that removing jump shooting will magically give infantry a chance to fight back. Which suggests archers either won't be able to kite, or they will stop.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:25:23 pm by Overdriven »