Author Topic: Canceling draw when jumping  (Read 8934 times)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
Re: Canceling draw when jumping
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2011, 01:25:44 pm »
+1
Kiting is fine so long as you are running to your team, if you the last alive then there should be a rule against kiting.

This.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2011, 01:25:47 pm »
+1
No but from his post he still seems to think that removing jump shooting will magically give infantry a chance to fight back. Which suggests archers either won't be able to kite, or they will stop.

Wait, what was your original argument again? You seem to have lost whatever point you might've had.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2011, 01:29:45 pm »
+2
Wait, what was your original argument again? You seem to have lost whatever point you might've had.

Yes because you keep picking on random little points rather than sticking to the main point.

The main and original point being that all jump attacks should be removed if they are going to be at all. And just to throw it out there so that I'm not lobbying, I don't mind not being able to attack whilst jumping on my horse.

I just think you can't remove one without removing all. Even from a balance perspective.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2011, 01:31:26 pm »
+1
Yes because you keep picking on random little points rather than sticking to the main point.

The main and original point being that all jump attacks should be removed if they are going to be at all. And just to throw it out there so that I'm not lobbying, I don't mind not being able to attack whilst jumping on my horse.

I just think you can't remove one without removing all. Even from a balance perspective.

No because you keep making claims that have no factual basis. Tzar saying that jump shooting made kiting archers 10x better at killing infantry while kiting somehow translates to archers not being able to kite at all for you, for example.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2011, 01:33:33 pm »
+1
No because you keep making claims that have no factual basis. Tzar saying that jump shooting made kiting archers 10x better at killing infantry while kiting somehow translates to archers not being able to kite at all for you, for example.

So read through my random claims. It's not as if 100's of people on this forum don't do it. Like quoting random statistics that they've made up in their head.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2011, 01:35:10 pm »
+1
So read through my random claims. It's not as if 100's of people on this forum don't do it. Like quoting random statistics that they've made up in their head.

Your defense for lying is "other people do it too"? H'okay.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2011, 01:37:22 pm »
+1
Is this just me or has there been another archery nerf, as if there has not been enough already. Such BS.

Bitchslap for you!

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2011, 01:37:43 pm »
+1
Kiting is fine so long as you are running to your team, if you the last alive then there should be a rule against kiting.

You can't kite unless your enemy lets you. This goes for ranged and backpedaling melee.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2011, 01:37:52 pm »
+1
Your defense for lying is "other people do it too"? H'okay.

Meh it's an internet forum. Few arguments on any internet forum have any form of factual basis. It's all opinion. I don't count opinion (seeing as saying quite a lot is entirely a subjective quantity, as are reading different things from posts) as lying.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2011, 01:39:13 pm »
+1
Meh it's an internet forum. Few arguments on any internet forum have any form of factual basis. It's all opinion. I don't count opinion (seeing as saying quite a lot is entirely a subjective quantity, as are reading different things from posts) as lying.

It's not an opinion when you say that X has said Y when X has not said Y. That's a lie.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2011, 01:40:42 pm »
+1
It's not an opinion when you say that X has said Y when X has not said Y. That's a lie.

No...it depends on how you interpret something. The same way passages in a bible can be interpreted many different ways. Not everything is clear cut and people rarely write things to be so. I simply interpreted Tzars post as thinking Kiting would pretty much be useless and finished now.

Edit:

Holy crap this a massive derailment. I'm done with this ridiculous argument now.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:42:15 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2011, 01:45:34 pm »
+1
No...it depends on how you interpret something. The same way passages in a bible can be interpreted many different ways. Not everything is clear cut and people rarely write things to be so. I simply interpreted Tzars post as thinking Kiting would pretty much be useless and finished now.

This isn't the bible and most of the posters in this thread are still quite alive I'd hope, and therefore you can't simply go and decide what people meant. Tzar did not say what you claimed he said. You can admit you were wrong, but you can't go and say "BUT I CAN CHOOSE TO BELIEVE HE SAID THIS! IT'S A MATTER OF BELIEF DUDE, I CAN JUST BELIEVE HIS WORDS TO BE DIFFERENT!"

Frankly, I hope you're trolling because if you are not, you've lost the ways of logic bro.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2011, 01:51:19 pm »
+1
This isn't the bible and most of the posters in this thread are still quite alive I'd hope, and therefore you can't simply go and decide what people meant. Tzar did not say what you claimed he said. You can admit you were wrong, but you can't go and say "BUT I CAN CHOOSE TO BELIEVE HE SAID THIS! IT'S A MATTER OF BELIEF DUDE, I CAN JUST BELIEVE HIS WORDS TO BE DIFFERENT!"

Frankly, I hope you're trolling because if you are not, you've lost the ways of logic bro.

It's not a matter of belief. It's a matter of interpretation. And it's not deciding what people mean. It would take far to long a post to explain to you the ins and outs of this, as it is a fundamental aspect of human behaviour in every aspect of life. But you obviously don't quite understand it, or I am not conveying it simply enough for you and I'm not going to write a long explanation. So like I said. I am done with this argument because it's a massive derailment and a pointless argument.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:13:45 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2011, 01:52:58 pm »
+2
It's not a matter of belief. It's a matter of interpretation. And it's not deciding what people mean. It would take far to long a post to explain to you the ins and outs of this, as it is a fundamental aspect of human behaviour. But you obviously don't quite understand it, or I am not conveying it simply enough for you. So like I said. I am done with this thread because it's a massive derailment and a pointless argument.

I interpret your message as you saying you're a cross-dresser.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2011, 01:54:46 pm »
+1
I am very sad to see that this also effects shooting while falling, which is in my eyes different from jumping : ( No more drive by suicide shots with the ol' Arbalest I guess. Although I did find a new auto-reload bug for X-bows as a result of the new system, hooray!
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.