Author Topic: Gold/Experience on Kills  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Gold/Experience on Kills
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 07:45:50 pm »
like leveling your char? or choose freely your equipment?

I think he is referencing the ability to change a world.
cRPG is I think mainly built around Strategus, and without it, there is less of an impact.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 09:17:55 pm »
Come on, every week someone starts such a kill reward thread. I say it again: NO NO NO!

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 09:36:24 pm »
i don't thin k this should be implented, as it would make people go kill-hunting, leading to their teams' loss.

You could implent it on duel server though

Offline TheFinn

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2011, 05:57:16 pm »

The shit I am doing usually (next to writing into teamchat while I am STILL ALIVE, to coordinate the team a bit and suggest some tactics or pointing to a mistake the other team makes or shit. Yes, really, it's not "everyone for himself" on the field  :shock: ) often makes my team win. Which I think makes me a better player than most others. Making kills doesn't change anything. I saw Finn being in the losing team for 10 rounds in a row before the patch. Instead of lolstomping everything he could have written some short commands into teamchat, I bet the team would have followed them (mostly). Of course this would have costed time he could have used for killing people, so his stats would look worse. But he would have won more rounds, I bet.

If chadz would follow your suggestions, Finn would be rewarded for first behaviour (egoistic killing spree, losing the round), and punished for latter (setting up tactics, playing as a team). I think it should be the other way round. And that's the case, at the moment. I hope this will never change, and I am confident it won't.

Heheh, funny you take me as the example of a "Ugh, me smash!"-warrior type who gets a large k/d-ratio, but loses matches and a polar opposite to "the playing as a team"-player :D When it was tactics and playing with the team what made me win, get kills and bumb over enemies so our melee could get easy kills.

As for seeing me lose 10 rounds in a row ? Hmm... It's possible. My memory is really rusty, but I do know that 10 round losing streaks weren't that common. :)

Offline Manatapit

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Aegis Soveriegnty - HoC
  • Game nicks: SoA_Lord_Manatapit - MufasaPrime
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 10:04:29 am »
In all honesty, both systems of XP were flawed.
Current System:
~ No Incentive to actually fight
~ Promotes Delaying - especially at x5

Old System:
~ Promoted Kill Stealing
~ No XP for those away from the battle but still contributing.

My Suggestion:
Combine the two.
~ Keep the XP Per Minute + Multiplier for Winning Rounds
~ Add a small XP bonus for being near the fights like the old system. Not necessarily getting the kill.
~ (Bonus XP not modified by multiplier) - Maybe 25 or 50 xp per kill.

--I think that people would want to fight if they know that being near the battles will give more XP rather than just sitting in the back. The players doing the killing are getting instantly rewarded. Not to mention it would make the slow grind go a little faster. Any Gen 1 person knows this grind sucks at 1000xp/min.