Author Topic: Huge Multi-Clan-Team Tournament: Schedule. Tournament completed.  (Read 39276 times)

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
Especially cav must be very aware of this. You are used to run around finding weak spots in enemy formations. They do NOT exist in this type of tournament. Hence either dismount or charge. Odds are, because of your maneuverability, referees might decide that you are delaying match.

There have been 20-30 guys left against 1 HA who was running around in circles. I play as cav, got 6 or 7 kills that round and to hear that it's a draw is really shit. I could just run around on my champion courser delaying the match, and our team will at least draw every round.

I disagreed with that decision, Okin told me if I disagree I should leave, and that's what I did. No point of killing 10 % of the enemy team if there is one guy left runnning away so we don't win.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:39:40 pm by Toffi »

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
I could just run around on my champion courser delaying the match, and our team will at least draw every round.

Not if you recieved a warning, no.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
I disagreed with that decision, Okin told me if I disagree I should leave, and that's what I did. No point of killing 10 % of the enemy team if there is one guy left runnning away so we don't win.

Sorry, what? I don't remember saying anything to you at all.
Don't.

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Sorry, what? I don't remember saying anything to you at all.

yes after that round, in general admin chat

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Your memory is playing tricks on you. I'm quite certain I never addressed you specifically, and I don't even recall paying attention to any comments you made. I definitely never suggested anybody should leave, so I'd like to ask that you stop misquoting me.
Don't.

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
I would agree to this we fought (last round of match) 75 v 63 and we took the valiant team 1 down to 3 players v 2 cav, when they dismounted and began to charge the pikeman who had made no move, it timed out yet team 1 was classed the victors, (which then led to the subsequent trolling, and turned a peaceful match into a semi brawl)

As one of the pikemen: We moved, and we also made some risky moves (at least I did, I'm not very good at playing safe :D).
That said IMHO it's ok that we got the point, but only because of the lousy draw a few rounds before. It should've been the other way round, the 20:1 draw should've been counted as win for us and the 3:2 draw should've been a draw.

However, thanks to all participants, it was great fun. Btw., did anyone record Thor's introduction on the Fallen's training server? :D

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
Btw., did anyone record Thor's introduction on the Fallen's training server? :D

It was only for the people present  :rolleyes:
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
It was only for the people present  :rolleyes:

It's not like I was asking for a record of the whole session ^^
But thank you for the laughs ;)

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
I disagreed with that decision, Okin told me if I disagree I should leave, and that's what I did.

Misquoting Okin or not he would be entirely correct in that statement.
People who cannot live by the judgements of the referees has no place in the tournament. So they might as well not participate.

No grudges, lets end this on here.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Draws suck.
If it is really close to finishing like 2v3 or 40v4 and they are not fleeing like cowards then extra time should be added so the round can end properly.

If it would take a while to finish still then a count of living players should be done and a win awarded.

If people are in the opinion of the referees intentionally time wasting to go for a draw they should lose.

imo
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:48:38 pm by 22nd_King_Plazek »

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
Draws suck.
If it is really close to finishing like 2v3 or 40v4 and they are not fleeing like cowards then extra time should be added so the round can end properly.

If it would take a while to finish still then a count of living players should be done and a win awarded.

If people are in the opinion of the referees intentionally time wasting to go for a draw they should lose.

imo

There are many problems involved in this:

First point if extra time is added commanders may speculate in time. The reason of a round of only 10 min. is for action to happen and not camping battles. In other words we will NOT be adding time to battles. However, we WILL do so that the 10 min of a round is only AFTER the forming up in order to check equipment. Aprox 11 min per round. Probably 12 for the first.

Second point. When the draw happened a count of living players could be done and if one side as a significantly larger % of players a win could be awarded. I am completely open for this to be put into the rules

Third point as such I agree and that I have already taken into consideration in the first guideline I wrote in this thread.

so tl;dr:
Do we want to add a rule that says: If by the end of a round and it has become a draw one team has more than 100 % living players than the enemy they will be awarded a win.

I see some point against this: What if it is 1 vs 2? that is 100 % more and could end either way. 2 vs 5 might be more obvious so if it is to be implemented a win will only be awarded if the team has MORE than 100% of the opposing team.

Advantage is fewer draws people may aim to delay for.

What say you?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 05:03:51 pm by Aemaelius »

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
I AM TOR
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
There are many problems involved in this:

First point if extra time is added commanders may speculate in time. The reason of a round of only 10 min. is for action to happen and not camping battles. In other words we will NOT be adding time to battles. However, we WILL do so that the 10 min of a round is only AFTER the forming up in order to check equipment. Aprox 11 min per round. Probably 12 for the first.

Second point. When the draw happened a count of living players could be done and if one side as a significantly larger % of players a win could be awarded. I am completely open for this to be put into the rules

Third point as such I agree and that I have already taken into consideration in the first guideline I wrote in this thread.

so tl;dr:
Do we want to add a rule that says: If by the end of a round and it has become a draw one team has more than 100 % living players than the enemy they will be awarded a win.

I see some point against this: What if it is 1 vs 2? that is 100 % more and could end either way. 2 vs 5 might be more obvious so if it is to be implemented a win will only be awarded if the team has MORE than 100% of the opposing team.

Advantage is fewer draws people may aim to delay for.

What say you?

The problem of thoses two cases of possible Draws, was that it was always the team 1 who was attacking, charging uphill, etc, and everytime, they reached the top of the hill just to see that the ennemy team had moved away.  :shock:

So after constant walking, under a blazing stun, constant charging, against a tactical-retreating opponent, to hear we "draw" a round when there was 20 or more of us vs 1 single opponent was really hard to accept.
I mean, we were clearly the ones engaging, and doubt we wasted time in one way or another. So to draw a round because of 10sec time, in such a dominating position... Damn ! :P
To take an example, if the same scenario happens, but in the other way around, or a team was camping so much, taking advantage of higher ground, and finds herself with 20 members remaining versus one single ennemy. And time ends. Then it would have been a draw, definitely.

I don't think there should be this new rule, Tristan, (If by the end of a round and it has become a draw one team has more than 100 % living players than the enemy they will be awarded a win.) I'd rather leave it to the COMMON SENSE of admins to be able to judge a situation. Else, if such rules existed, then Commanders would take it in account, hide their weakest members, or whatever.

Still was fun time, thanks for organizing all this, great thanks to the admins and referees for their time.

The "I AM TOR" was epic. I also liked the "I am still Tenne". Very important, the "still". Things might change, we never know. xD
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Your memory is playing tricks on you. I'm quite certain I never addressed you specifically, and I don't even recall paying attention to any comments you made. I definitely never suggested anybody should leave, so I'd like to ask that you stop misquoting me.

no you didn't address me specific, you said we should leave if we disagree

Okin told me if I disagree I should leave

--> so I should have said

Okin told us if we disagree we should leave