Author Topic: Huge Multi-Clan-Team Tournament: Schedule. Tournament completed.  (Read 37376 times)

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
Amazing guys, simply amazing!

You guys did an awesome job, being disciplined, showed discretion, smart and very skilled. Everywhere i looked, everyone was doing as they were told! The pieces fell into place almost automatically! I was only positively surprised during the whole match.

You guys are giving me way too much credit for the victory. This is the achievement and the victory of a whole team. Not a single man, and not a single clan, but truly a team! "Soldiers generally win battles; generals get credit for them. " Napoleon Bonaparte

Really, big thanks all around.

Looking forward to see you next Sunday.

PS: Lest try to keep the rage and insulting at a minimum. I think both team 1 and 2 had a couple of players that kept giving ignorant comments over chat. Guys, this is a friendly event, and it serves no constructive purpose to rant stuff at each other. I hope all teams will frown upon these comments in the future.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
for example: I did a left feint and immediatly attacked right. Normally this would play out as every time, but on the huge event the right swing wasn't registered if i did it too early and it never happened after the feint. I did try this several times with the same results. If i waited a second before the attack it would register normal.

Is there any means to get this sorted before the next battle on my side? Maybe lower the Video-Settings? Directx7 or something similar? Or is this serverside and nothing can be done about it?

Same here.

Even with 0 ragdoll 0 corpses it was too laggy to show skills.

It is to be expected in a 150-man battle  :wink:

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
I made a spoilered "how to" that might help your performance.

Otherwise more ram. Use 64 bit win7.

In short I had a ping of around 50 and no crashes. I don't have an epic system as I use win7, gts250, 4gb, amd x4 processor of sorts.
However I do have one of the fastest internet connection available in Denmark. (Connected to a Copenhagen scientist network).

It is to be expected that the game can't handle this many players and the server is being testet to the max. There will be packet loss and cpu lag serverside but people can minimize the unpleasantness by making their own system more stable.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:24:29 pm by Aemaelius »
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 07:46:35 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Berplars

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Berplars
I think we need some rules to clarify the draws. I mean one time a team gets a draw with 40 to 1, next time no draw when the numbers where 2 to 3. Thats pretty strange. So it would be nice if there is either enough time to not let a draw happen or providing a rule that says for example, if one team is outnumbered by 2 to 1 the team with more players win.

But besides that nice tournament, and good fights.

• King
    • View Profile
I think we need some rules to clarify the draws. I mean one time a team gets a draw with 40 to 1, next time no draw when the numbers where 2 to 3. Thats pretty strange. So it would be nice if there is either enough time to not let a draw happen or providing a rule that says for example, if one team is outnumbered by 2 to 1 the team with more players wins.

But besides that nice tournament, and good fights.

I would agree to this we fought (last round of match) 75 v 63 and we took the valiant team 1 down to 3 players v 2 cav, when they dismounted and began to charge the pikeman who had made no move, it timed out yet team 1 was classed the victors, (which then led to the subsequent trolling, and turned a peaceful match into a semi brawl)

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
I would agree to this we fought (last round of match) 75 v 63 and we took the valiant team 1 down to 3 players v 2 cav, when they dismounted and began to charge the pikeman who had made no move, it timed out yet team 1 was classed the victors, (which then led to the subsequent trolling, and turned a peaceful match into a semi brawl)

I suggest you check the replay :P It was a classical case of cavalry vs pikes, the cav to finish the battle should do one of two things when under time pressure -

1. dismount and fight 2v3
2. charge headlong into the pikes in the hope of a pike fail

Team 2 did neither with the two cav and rather just circled round hoping for a weakspot, which may occur in public battles, but not against an organised opponent. The decision made sense, while the 20-1 draw was a bit of a no brainer imo :P
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

• King
    • View Profile
I wasnt there for the 20-1, my internet timed out, but i came back to hear the score and was surprised to hear the decision on that one lol...

But i guess this quote seemed to work on that occasion...

The man who runs away, fights another day

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
It was quite funny :P Didn't make a difference in the end tbh so it's no matter.
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Since there were no gates to open and spice things up a bit I even tried to help you guys by hacking Lorenzo down but still.....you got waxed.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• King
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 07:46:32 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
I made a spoilered "how to" that might help your performance.

Otherwise more ram. Use 64 bit win7.

Thanks Tristan. I actually use Win7(64bit) and have a fibreglass-connection. This together with my relatively high-end-PC means i should have no problems whatsoever. But i still have.

So i will look into your guide for optimising the configs. Especially this Nagle-Algorithm seems interesting. +1 for you good sir.

If i get any results with my tinkering i will let you all know which special action had the most consequences. I know many people experience similiar problems and i would be glad to help. :)

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
It was terrifying... The last thing that I saw on the battle field was that hideous face behind his helmet grinning almost perversely as he swung the sword into me  :cry: Traumatic doesn't quite cover it :P
Your local Jav Cav

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
Concerning draws:

Without having talked to the referees (Of which I am one of them) and without discussing previous decisions we made I think the following will be the guideline:

A draw is a draw no matter how close or what ever. The only way a draw can be claimed a victory for the other side is if the referees have asked a player or players NOT to delay the match in order to go for draw. Such a warning must come 30 sec. before end of battle preferably before.

Especially cav must be very aware of this. You are used to run around finding weak spots in enemy formations. They do NOT exist in this type of tournament. Hence either dismount or charge. Odds are, because of your maneuverability, referees might decide that you are delaying match.

Taking above into consideration I still believe in hindsight that both decisions were correct. But this will always be subject to discussion. What ever the case the referees will be using above written as guideline and their decision in battle is law. Basicly... Suck it up.... Some have experienced worse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY40__rBvSk
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Attack is the best way of defense, team 1 was attacking & charging (organized ofc, not berserk) most of the time, it's not our fault we were 2 seconds short of killing the last runaway cavalry, if he was a half-decent guy at least he would of stopped running away in a situation 25:1 and just die in time to make it a clear round instead of draw. Unless, ofc, he was counting to kill all of us, in which case I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way he planned.
We did the best we could.

As for the 3 pikes vs 2 cavs situation: i said on TS that Leed should dismount and kill em all, too bad he has more faith in his backstabbing capabilities rather then face-to-face fighting.  :twisted:
Also, that round we charged the highest hill in the map with our horses, took us like 2 mins to get up there, only to figure out they fled down the other side of the mountain.  :wink:

No QQing from me tho, its good to know draws like this count. When the time comes ill gladly take draw instead of losing.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login