Author Topic: Archers buffed too much  (Read 23482 times)

Offline Zaleck

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • The Darkness is coming
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Company
  • Game nicks: Zaleck_BlackCompany, Fallen_Zaleck,Fallen_BloodSeeker_Xaleck
Re: Archers buffed too much
« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2011, 09:26:13 pm »
Thats supposed to be hard?

(click to show/hide)

Archers are and will always be, easymode =)

Wow u really are average. If they were so op u would have had a way better kill/death ratio u pretty much have a 50-50 u kill like 1 guy before u died. If u were right u would have killed like 5'guys before death giving u the more op archer u been talking about. What I c is a whiner that archers now can be something be worry about. And I am mainly a 2 h er meele with archery.
JRLII

Offline Eyerra

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2011, 09:27:45 pm »
After playing for a while, I say I'm quite happy how things turned out.
The damage increase for arrows makes a difference. Though can't spam rain on the rats on the other team anymore. 8-)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #107 on: January 11, 2011, 09:29:14 pm »
Kesh was on my team today. I was at the top of the scoreboard with a sword and shield, 17/3. Kesh was 3/3, near the bottom.

SS or it didn't happen.  You're terribad so it's very hard to read this post without snickering.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Wench

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • lets post!!!! posting party in this thread!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Wench, Revolting, Barda
« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2011, 09:30:41 pm »
SS or it didn't happen.  You're terribad so it's very hard to read this post without snickering.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LLJK POSTING SQUAD FOR LIFE NO REGRETS!!!!

Offline Manatapit

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Aegis Soveriegnty - HoC
  • Game nicks: SoA_Lord_Manatapit - MufasaPrime
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2011, 09:54:11 pm »
Remember me archers behaviour before the buff...
And it's more than 4 points, with PD and speed it's around 10-15 point more damages.
Also, there is far less tincan with upkeep.
I guess you're not kidding, you just try to keep your class unbalanced.

Before this buff, there were not that much archers on servers, now they are full of flying arrows, Why?
cos archers is OP.

I was a dedicated archer pre patch...now I went with a Polearm hybrid since my bow damage has taken a massive nerf by the cut dmg its doing. I only have 150 WPF in archery and the rest in Polearm. Most of my kills now are from my Long Maul since I cant hit anything at a long distance without a little luck and my loss in athletics so i cant outrun ppl(not to mention archers cant kite anymore).

You melee make is sound as if archers only attack melee. Archers attack everybody. If it's stationary or coming at us, we will shoot it. Other archers are here vouching for the buff knowing full well that they will have to deal with the consequences. They have less health and less armor than alot of you melee so it will affect them more since they will die alot faster.

Maybe the archers never left. Its not like people are just making new characters just to be an archer. Maybe, like me, they picked up a different weapon proficiency and used that since their bows were completely useless against anything past light leather armor. I wear the Blue Mail Tunic and could take 4-5 arrows in the chest before I went down, no points in Iron Flesh. Might as well not waste arrows on a plate wearer since you will most likely just piss him off and give your position away.

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2011, 10:10:44 pm »
I agree, i can never live for long with archers, unless i have a shield, but still!! They can somehow shoot you on the head while you have a board shield?!?!
They complained because they didnt have the skill, now they got better and the actually good archers kill so easily!! Especially loz_outcast, Also there are no more tin-cans! Upkeep costs to much for them, but for archers you pay a little bit and have great equipment be able to glitch out of the map so you can "shoot" from there. They got it all but they still want more! They made horses cost 3 times as much, and you cant be a horseman anymore without paying all your money everytime the horse gets damaged. Now archers are on top!! :evil: I hate that, they were fine before, they just whined to much. Well let all the melee and horse people whine all over the forum!! Would you like it, NO! So you got what you wanted, everyone will probably be a turtle infantry next, because of you, and you will whine about how "overpowered" the shields are! NO, archers are needed to be back to normal, and it will be even, even though horses cost more than 5 flamberges. Im not whining about it im just stating facts, say all you want, archers you whine to much! It isnt like it in medevil times, a knight comes charging and kills you it doesnt listen to you whining and saying how overpowered they are! They adapt, you dont you just whine, not all of you but most of you.

Offline ZMaNFaRLee

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2011, 10:12:51 pm »
I agree, i can never live for long with archers, unless i have a shield, but still!! They can somehow shoot you on the head while you have a board shield?!?!
They complained because they didnt have the skill, now they got better and the actually good archers kill so easily!! Especially loz_outcast, Also there are no more tin-cans! Upkeep costs to much for them, but for archers you pay a little bit and have great equipment be able to glitch out of the map so you can "shoot" from there. They got it all but they still want more! They made horses cost 3 times as much, and you cant be a horseman anymore without paying all your money everytime the horse gets damaged. Now archers are on top!! :evil: I hate that, they were fine before, they just whined to much. Well let all the melee and horse people whine all over the forum!! Would you like it, NO! So you got what you wanted, everyone will probably be a turtle infantry next, because of you, and you will whine about how "overpowered" the shields are! NO, archers are needed to be back to normal, and it will be even, even though horses cost more than 5 flamberges. Im not whining about it im just stating facts, say all you want, archers you whine to much! It isnt like it in medevil times, a knight comes charging and kills you it doesnt listen to you whining and saying how overpowered they are! They adapt, you dont you just whine, not all of you but most of you.

I headshotted this guy last night.

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2011, 10:17:56 pm »
I think when I get home tonight, I'll make an archer.  I'm not normally of the "if you can't beat them, join them" mentality, but I'm not going to play crpg any other way at this point.  Maybe if enough melee players do the same, archers will get frustrated with their own BS and the lack of helpless, distracted targets to rain on.  Let's have one big massive sniper war and see how fun it is.

Offline ZMaNFaRLee

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2011, 10:35:44 pm »
I think when I get home tonight, I'll make an archer.  I'm not normally of the "if you can't beat them, join them" mentality, but I'm not going to play crpg any other way at this point.  Maybe if enough melee players do the same, archers will get frustrated with their own BS and the lack of helpless, distracted targets to rain on.  Let's have one big massive sniper war and see how fun it is.

My friend headshotted this guy last night

Offline Wench

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2011, 10:42:47 pm »

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2011, 10:45:35 pm »
I lose 50%-70% of my health to single arrow (depending on the height advantage of the bowman). That's in 12k body armor.

Lets cut the crap, if we're supposed to play counterstrike let us have guns and let's get over with it.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Wench

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2011, 10:55:02 pm »
How about you drop the hyperbole, drop the mod, find a new one to play -- one that removes all ranged, all horses, and shields.

Offline ZMaNFaRLee

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2011, 11:00:46 pm »
I lose 50%-70% of my health to single arrow (depending on the height advantage of the bowman). That's in 12k body armor.

Lets cut the crap, if we're supposed to play counterstrike let us have guns and let's get over with it.

Headshot.  Stop whining archers are fine right now.  Dont run into the middle of an open field by yourself.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2011, 11:03:59 pm »
Dont run into the middle of an open field by yourself.

lol what? Are we playing the same game? Do you see how half of the map are designed, and where spawn points are? What the hell is one supposed to do when assaulting a village across entire open plain? eh? Make a moving shield wall?

ps: headshot? headshot arrow doesn't stick out from my armor.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Wench

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2011, 11:07:15 pm »
You're so full of shit.