Author Topic: Archers buffed too much  (Read 23957 times)

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_Helrekkr
Re: Archers buffed too much
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2011, 06:39:57 pm »
At the very least bows and arrows should be brought on par with the cost of xbows. Why should archers pay half the price when they get better killing power by any account ?

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2011, 06:42:37 pm »
I think this buff was needed.  Prior to it, archers were almost a non entity.  It actually decreased the amount of people with shields quite significantly.  I noticed more archers after the buff but they still don't seem all that dangerous.  It's a million times better than pre patch.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2011, 06:44:55 pm »
before this latest patch, the people playing archer usually took 2 arrows to kill my low armoured (usually < level 10 with naked or near-naked armour)

now it seems 1 hit kill on the body is possible again (with good accuracy)

maybe this was possible b4 the latest patch but now more people are playing archer again, i dunno

I saw some fellow kill a peasant with every shot, never missed, its not like we were stood still so now it feels like archers have the power back AND accuracy

if this is the case, then everyone needs a decent shield to hide behind obv, so gimme 2-4 free skill points please

EDIT - lets also not say "o but archers will always take 2-3 shots on u before u can die if u wear semi-decent armour"

it's never just one archer firing at you, it's 2-3+, more if you're a main target + xbows as well
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:49:30 pm by RandomDude »

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2011, 06:46:09 pm »
I think they buffed archers just a tad too much. My level 15 (17 now) was deadly, even top the scorelist with her  :shock:

Offline magog_III

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2011, 06:49:51 pm »
i just saw it from my dude playing crpg and his horse destroyed only 2 and a half arrow shot...CMON!!!

Offline Draedan

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • wat?
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Draedan_PxC, Heavy_Set_PxC, Pure_PxC, GoreHead_PxC
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2011, 06:53:06 pm »
Carry a shield doesn't change anything, with 2 shots in the legs i'm dead...
What is funny is that archers give the same answer that they give before patch (when it was clearly unbalanced) you tell us to grab a shield... Priceless.

What is strange (or clear) is that with this new release a lot of ppl use there archer character, and server are full of them, again a medieval counterstrike, not funny and boring.

Item balancers show us that this mod could be balanced before .210 release, they show us that melee can have fun. Now we have tasted it, they carry it away, that's pretty frustrating and it leaves a bitter taste. But thx i enjoyed this game for few days.
well learn to dodge or how to angle your shield properly.
I mainly play as archer
but i have 2 melee's that are same level and a thrower(currently not in use cause throwing sucks)
and I dodge and shield quite nicely
if it looks like the archer is aiming down angle your shield down for a second then after he is done re-level your shield so your noggin isn't vulnerable.
but
maybe it's not the game,
it's probably your lack of skill.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:55:46 pm by Draedan »
In chadz We Trust.
Hint #4: You can invite more men to your party at the tavern
(click to show/hide)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2011, 06:56:26 pm »
I liked the suggestion of giving archers two different arrows. Higher cut damage arrows which can say take out a low armored in 2-3 shots, a heavy in 8-10, and low pierce damage one which take 3-5 shots for light armor and 4-6 for heavy. That way archers can decide who they want to shoot and noone can be oneshotted.

Offline ZMaNFaRLee

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2011, 06:58:23 pm »
I think they buffed archers just a tad too much. My level 15 (17 now) was deadly, even top the scorelist with her  :shock:

That just means your good.  My level 22 has a k:d of like 1:8

Offline Cheapshot

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cheapshot
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2011, 07:27:35 pm »
I liked the suggestion of giving archers two different arrows. Higher cut damage arrows which can say take out a low armored in 2-3 shots, a heavy in 8-10, and low pierce damage one which take 3-5 shots for light armor and 4-6 for heavy. That way archers can decide who they want to shoot and noone can be oneshotted.

Please create an archer char login to a server and try to hit the same person 6 times while he isn't standing still.  If any of you nerfnerfguys manages to do that than you are definitely right about  it. 

And to that genius who mentioned archers having a big lobby. I'm assuming you didn't notice most of the game admins-moderators expressing their hate for archery either with a topic or a post or signature. 

" thou shalt not strangle, decapitate or whatnot unless the other fella had it comin "

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2011, 07:32:07 pm »
Who cares about mount and blade, let's play some counterstrike again. There are not enough aim-and-click games out there.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2011, 07:32:54 pm »
Please create an archer char login to a server and try to hit the same person 6 times while he isn't standing still.  If any of you nerfnerfguys manages to do that than you are definitely right about  it. 

Thats supposed to be hard?

(click to show/hide)

Archers are and will always be, easymode =)

Offline magog_III

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2011, 07:34:34 pm »
if u re right u cannot see those archers at the top of the frag list! and u know what,,,it was....

Offline ZMaNFaRLee

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2011, 07:37:26 pm »

(click to show/hide)

You're stupid.  The funny part is it's because you don't realize that it's just you that can play that well at your level.  Only 30 deaths by 19 as an archer is nuts. 

Again.....  You are stupid because you are just very good.  Archery is not ezmode.

.....  What I just did was a backhanded compliment.  It is an attempt (out of jealously) to recognize your abilities while still finding a way to demean you.

Have a good day.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2011, 07:43:40 pm »

(click to show/hide)

So you averaged over 19k experience per round? Either this was pre-patch or something has been "modified". Post-patch with x5 and gen 10, you are only going to get 10k exp.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2011, 07:47:09 pm »
An easy way to fix archery would be to allow only 1 ammo stack to be equipped. 18 +8 pierce dmg bodkin arrows, but that's it, archers will actually have to aim and chose their shots rather than spam the whole round aiming at the big crowd for lucky kills.