Author Topic: Throwing... could you possibly make it any more useless?  (Read 24948 times)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
Re: Throwing... could you possibly make it any more useless?
« Reply #210 on: July 08, 2011, 03:25:40 am »
What, you are talking about realism? And then you pull 17 out of hammerspace spam them out without ever hitting or actually stopping to pick one up while backpeddling and manage to kill him with the 18th one.
I'm talking about game balance, when I say ranged should be less powerful then melee.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2011, 07:32:09 am »
mindless babble

Nothing about your post is true because of one simple fact:  Ranged is NEVER within melee range to even worry about any of melee's damage unless they get trapped within a forcefield.  Melee on the other hand, unless hiding in a sealed stone chamber, is always within ranged's ability to deal damage.  Fact.

Let me know when chadz implements targettable forcefields to trap ranged within so they can't run.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2011, 08:11:39 am »
What, you are talking about realism? And then you pull 17 out of hammerspace spam them out without ever hitting or actually stopping to pick one up while backpeddling and manage to kill him with the 18th one.
I'm talking about game balance, when I say ranged should be less powerful then melee.

No, it shouldn't. There are more than enough easy ways to force ranged into melee range, so melee shouldn't be more powerful just because it is melee.

I am a retard without a GED.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I wish people who think ranged is OP would simply play with the Ninja clan for a week or two. You learn very quickly that it is extremely easy to close the distance on ranged without armor or a shield (especially on NA maps). Bad players like Gorath will always complain about range because they die once or twice to an archer/crossbow/throwing weapon in a game. Players like this are the plague of the current video game industry and are why games these days are way too damn easy. Instead of figuring out WHY THEY FAILED, they blame the game and demand the game be changed instead of their skill. I bet people like you would've written letters to Tecmo bitching about how monsters have knockback in Ninja Gaiden. We then would have a shitty game that is way too easy that nobody would remember instead of the challenging game that we remember these days.

In short, you have down syndrome and I think it's rubbing off on the item balancing team.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #213 on: July 09, 2011, 08:10:38 am »
Bad players like ....

You perhaps?  Funny how any time we've ever played on the same server you congregate with the sub-level-20's at the bottom of the scoreboard while I congregate around the top.  I have my counter vs ranged:  A fucking shield.  Forced into building my character as a hybrid shielder because of the ez-mode nature of ranged and the amount of projectile spam infesting the game.  Play like a ninja?  Sure, if I want to spend the first 2 minutes of every round going to the far sides of the map in order to sneak around and get a backstab on some random archer once the battles are nearly over.  More power to them if they like spending the majority of their gametime running to the edges of the map and hiding behind hills in exaggerated flanking maneuvers.  /shrug

I have an archer, I have a thrower and yes I have an x-bow spammer.  Ranged is far far easier than melee as a general rule.  Who hasn't been playing FPS's for the past decade?  It's second nature to point and click.  Learning the weapon arcs takes maybe a day tops, and that's only if you never used grenade launchers in standard FPS's.

All of this is beside the point though as you once again completely ignored the truth of my last statement in order to rabblerabble on and insult the devs yet again.  Ironic seeing as they're actually contributing something to the gamer community while you have contributed..... oh yeah, not a goddamn thing.  You just leech off of other peoples work and bitch about shit constantly because they don't do exactly what you want them to.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2011, 02:38:38 pm »
alright im a thrower shielder 1h.
the build works fine for me.
but its just weird how u only got 4 throwin spears.
throwers are the only thing to realy counter them archers ,but due the big nerfs on them i usualy only take out 1-2 archer with 4 spears at 5 pt( i need the 21 agi to keep up with them while throwin)
so let look at it now.
an archer is just as fast as me.
it deals more damage with his long bow than me with my spears.
he is way more accurate.
so just look at this.
please chadz give throwin the buff it needs,even only instead of 4 spears give me 6 or 8.
make it usefull again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Team_Jacob

• Permanently Banned
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 10, 2011, 06:36:21 pm »
My IQ is half my age.

Again, my condolences.

To counter ranged a melee has to spend 3-4 points in shields and give up 1-2 slots. To counter melee a ranged has to spend 4-6 points in PS and 75-125 wpf and also give up 1-2 slots. For ranged to counter melee, there is a much higher price than for melee to counter ranged. Not to mention that using LoS to counter ranged is free.

I constantly beat you on my 2h/tincan alt. You really aren't good at all. I don't use a shield on my 2h/tincan because it's simply not needed. Cover + the fact that arrows do so little damage to me means all I have to worry about is xbows. Against xbows it's pretty easy to counter. If some HA wants to spend all day riding around trying to get LoS on me, so be it. He will get kicked for delaying because people always side with melee users in that regard.

Ranged will never get on top of the scoreboard unless there are a ton of peasants in game. Crossbows don't shoot fast enough to get kills comparable to cav or tincans and bows don't do enough damage to armor to get kills fast enough to compare. Again, you are a retard and have no clue what you're talking about when you say ranged is easier than melee. When ranged is consistently able to be on top of the scoreboard (like waaaaay back when warbows were popular) then you might have a justified argument for ranged being overpowered. It's a shame that the item balancing team is as dumb if not dumber than you and I am glad I have three accounts to play with because at least I can play my tincan (who is about to get buffed like crazy) and my lancer cav (who has always been good).

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #216 on: July 10, 2011, 07:14:51 pm »
As far as accuracy while moving goes, I'm afraid that is unchangeable as of now. As far as the redundant items go, unfortunately we cannot do much about that either. The rock nerf idea surely, was a joke by Urist, not meant to be taken seriously. I like your idea about the windup speed, it certainly could be raised on some of the weapons.

A little recap on what the current plan is: the wpf per PT penalty is being lowered, the accuracy of weapons will be increased, and all weapons will become 1 slot, and some 1 slot weapons will have their ammo increased by a bit.

Anyways, after playing an agility based throwing type character for a bit, my main observations are mostly that the weapons are a good bit too inaccurate, especially when moving. Damage is also rather bad, but the upside is that I am in fact able to kite and evade my enemies decently. The other day I did also see a thrower character named 'veteran' top the scoreboards for a round or two. The ideal current way to play a thrower at the moment based on my experiences is to assist someone in a fight by chucking something into a distracted foe, so I think the best way to bolster this is to give throwing weapons more precision at close ranges.

Does that mean longbows and warbows and arbalests will be one slot weapons as well, since giant 6 foot throwing lances will be one slot?

Also, with the new wpf requirements, most throwers I see are pretty accurate already with 70% or more hit percentage in many cases, because clsoe range and quick draw/release of wepaon makes for easy hitting.  DOn't really need a buff other than more ammo at this point.  They still do a crazy amount fo damage and have a really high draw speed.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 08:40:21 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 10, 2011, 07:56:16 pm »
I constantly have never beat you on my 2h/tincan alt any character.

Indeed sir.  That's because your level of suck is astronomical.  Whismical fantasy lands are silly, you should try sticking to reality like everyone else. 

I got muted because I'm a retard who only insults people and devs while spewing complete nonsense.
Yeah, well it was bound to happen.

BTW:  Ranged counter to melee?  1 wpf in any melee weapon, 0 skill points anywhere.  OMG this wooden stick manual blocks any and every weapon without ANY investment whatsoever.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #218 on: July 10, 2011, 08:53:01 pm »
Damn Jacob how in the hell did you get muted to 100%?!

I troll and troll, and I have never even recieved a 1% warning for it, only a small one for spam and another for accidentally posting in the wrong forum, yeesh...

Who's wheaties did you pee in?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Bromagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 10, 2011, 08:55:07 pm »
+1
This sounds like a challenge to chadz .. I bet they could make it worse 8-)
"A pint of ale will make your nipples stale"- Brogg

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 11, 2011, 02:58:37 am »
Awww jeah, throwin buff.

Also damn Gorath, you're taking forever to quit the game. Or did you just rage quit cRPG and are sticking around the forums? Whatever you're doing hurry it up.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 11, 2011, 03:23:39 am »
Also damn Gorath, you're taking forever to quit the game. Or did you just rage quit cRPG and are sticking around the forums? Whatever you're doing hurry it up.

Funny coming from a member of the clan that promoted and laughed at deleting my characters (and Goretooth's, and other players better than you all).  I stick around the forums because I like some of the people here and want to see how much warband is being destroyed by fucktards (read:  goons) and CS players (read:  range spam)

I moved on to a proper FPS since we're all just playing ranged spam anyways.  Might as well go 100% and get back to nades and guns so everyone is on the same page since rather than watch the only FPMelee game available get ravaged and raped by ranged fuckwits.

Offline Sumofallwars

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 11, 2011, 03:37:03 am »
ohhhh great i finally  get to level 30 with my 18/18 6pt build and then they up the req for throwing lances.

That wasn't in any freaking suggestion in this entire thread.

I havn't played yet but i think they over buffed, only cause everything is now 1 slot!

That was the problem to start with, It made throwing hybrids too easy.

U had a good thing going with the 2 slots system all they need was a bit more acc and a tad more ammo.

well in a week well see what has happen....
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:40:54 am by Sumofallwars »

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 11, 2011, 04:04:16 am »

I havn't played yet but i think they over buffed, only cause everything is now 1 slot!

That was the problem to start with, It made throwing hybrids too easy.

U had a good thing going with the 2 slots system all they need was a bit more acc and a tad more ammo.

well in a week well see what has happen....
The only thing I thought could use more ammo was the lances really. Now people will whine about OP throwing again....

Offline Seabhac

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Mt. Seabass
    • View Profile
    • Snowhawk Clan
  • Faction: Cimmeria
  • Game nicks: SHC_SEABHAC
« Reply #224 on: July 11, 2011, 04:11:18 am »
Um the NA siege server is pretty much 90% throw/shield spec now.  :lol:
http://www.SnowhawkClan.org
visitors can't see pics , please register or login