Author Topic: New map rotation [NA1]  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaxi, Athelar, Drappi
  • IRC nick: Drappi
New map rotation [NA1]
« on: January 25, 2018, 03:42:09 am »
+16
After 5 years of playing the same map rotation, it's finally time for a fresh new start.
Therefore, I've decided to make a new map rotation with more than 80 maps to play.

This thread will pretty much work as an evaluation thread, so if you're dissatisfied with one specific map and want it removed (or replaced), you can make your complaint here, with a reason why. The more a request to remove or replace a map gets upvoted, the more I'll  take into consideration to remove it. Also, I'll be posting updates on this thread if a new map gets added, map removed or map updated.

New siege map rotation will be looked into, if Professor manages to get HH to work.

The map rotation is likely to be changed in less than a week when I get the code ready.

(click to show/hide)

Offline PoisonedTail

• Earl
  • Renown: 307
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TimTheEnchanter
Re: New map rotation [NA1]
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 04:19:42 am »
+4
You should bring back Chasm.

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 447
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Zeus
  • IRC nick: Zeus?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 04:20:37 am »
+5
80 maps, but its still going to feel like the same 5 over and over again.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 04:34:04 am »
+4
I dont see Fisdnar in there....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 04:48:14 am »
You should bring back Chasm.
Crop Rotation should be replaced with chasm. I like crop rotation map but the last time I got an admin to switch it to that map they didn't even let us finish the map, said it was too big even though no one was off hiding.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 05:32:36 am »
Nice work

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 05:38:27 am »
+1
fuck yes silent sea, found my try hard map
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 07:57:27 am »
+4
This is a very solid list, and definitely brought back some memories. For the sake of variety, not every map should be conducive to every playstyle, but I recommend that most are. With that in mind, here are some of the maps I disapprove of (with comments, as requested).

(click to show/hide)

This map tends to cause a merry-go-round of the teams. Also frustrating that one team starts on higher ground, which puts the other team's ranged at a disadvantage.

(click to show/hide)

The focal point of the action on this map takes place on a hill, which can be frustrating to melee players trying to move around or cavalry trying to make a run though the melee.

(click to show/hide)

This map is very cluttered. In my personal experience, I keep finding myself bouncing off some scene object that doesn't need to be there. Ranged also tends to camp the tower, and there are additions to it that make it easy for them to defend.

(click to show/hide)

If I remember the interior correctly, it's easy to get a bit lost in there, and there's not enough room for most players to fight.

(click to show/hide)

Again, maps on hills needlessly slow down combat and are only advantageous to ranged players.

(click to show/hide)

This is another map that surprisingly splits the team. There is nothing in the way of decent cover in the middle of the map, so most players on one team will tend to stray towards the ruin on the stream, whereas the other team tends to stand on the hill by the bridge. Never found it to be a really entertaining map.

(click to show/hide)

I love the Lord of the Rings, but I hate this map. The team tends to fight by the bridge, but any player trying to use the top to flank will typically die due to the lack of cover and the tendency for ranged to stay high and away from the fight.

(click to show/hide)

Last I played this map, it had a similar glitch to the old "keep building" glitch that seems to ignore all your athletics. Not a very interesting map anyway.

(click to show/hide)

The layout is a bit convoluted. Players try to avoid fighting in water, and this map doesn't give much leeway in that regard.

(click to show/hide)

Beautiful map. That said, this is another merry-go-round, but twice the size. Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of fighting around those pews.

(click to show/hide)

Never enjoyed the layout of this map. Tends to back your teammates into the swamp, at which point it becomes "Who has the longest weapon?" Also, flags are in a terrible location, forcing you to run through the water to try to stop them.

(click to show/hide)

This will probably get me crucified by most people, but I hate the design of this map. There are a hundred different entry points to this map, and if you take any of the sensible ones, half of your team is already dead from doing the stupid ones. Also, there's a hill in the middle of the town.

(click to show/hide)

Do you want silent cavalry? Because this is how you get silent cavalry.

(click to show/hide)

I feel like this map is a chokepoint, and that using the side paths doesn't give your team much of an advantage. I also don't know where the flags pop up on this map.

As for maps that have been left out, Heathland and Rhodias should probably be in the rotation. I also loved the map Chasm. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to share this, and I look forward to seeing some changes in the rotation.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 09:14:27 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

This will probably get me crucified by most people, but I hate the design of this map. There are a hundred different entry points to this map, and if you take any of the sensible ones, half of your team is already dead from doing the stupid ones. Also, there's a hill in the middle of the town.

Quite agree. Terrible map.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Athelar

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shaxi, Athelar, Drappi
  • IRC nick: Drappi
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 01:33:23 pm »
(click to show/hide)

That is a very big request. You descripted the maps well, but I expected people just to start off by just giving an opinion on one map at once, along the way. This way, I can easily see what map people dislike. To me though, it sounds a little like you want to remove these maps for your own personal gain because they aren't very suitable for your class. Don't know, they could be worse for NA than EU. This is a very big request, that I might not be able to do anything about just yet. Please give it a chance.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 05:05:05 pm »
+2
To me though, it sounds a little like you want to remove these maps for your own personal gain because they aren't very suitable for your class.

Well seeing how he mostly plays infantry, even if that accusation were true, then at least 60% of the playerbase would likely agree with him. Regardless, I think he framed his suggestions well enough and nit-picked about different issues among the maps that we can safely say he isn't looking to buff infantry (or any class) in any way, but rather to remove boring, glitchy, or poorly balanced maps.

It appears that I'm in the minority here, but I never particularly cared for chasm. It often played out like any other "merry-go-round" map, the only difference being this one is huge, flat, and has minimal, if any, cover from ranged/cavalry. The concept behind the bridge is cool and all, but since there is a flanking route it kinda subtracts from the epic confrontation that could occur otherwise. Would like to see it pop up due to popular demand though, whenever an admin is on to change the map (to something other than arena). 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 05:10:23 pm by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 05:10:21 pm »
So why do map polls not work in cRPG? They work fine in native. I would say keep all the maps and make polls work again.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline saccizord

• Baron
  • Renown: 120
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: VeraCruz
  • Game nicks: saccizord
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 06:40:43 pm »
They dont work fine in native, in my experience of playing in low population servers in Native everyone always vote up for the same maps e.g. arena, nord town, port assault, ruins

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 06:45:51 pm »
They dont work fine in native, in my experience of playing in low population servers in Native everyone always vote up for the same maps e.g. arena, nord town, port assault, ruins
But they still physically work, cant make people vote what you want but the votes do work. I always hear they are broke here.
PENDULUM

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 07:19:44 pm »
+2
dont feel like looking through the list to find it but get rid of that one with the bridge near one of the spawns with all the garbage on it
literally unplayable