Author Topic: Throwing weapons (need balancing )  (Read 16834 times)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
Re: Throwing weapons (need balancing )
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2011, 04:06:57 pm »
They need to fix wpf of throwing then hybrid would be less effective.

Lowering their damage/speed is not a solution.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2011, 04:33:47 pm »
Lower damage/speed is a solution, it would just destroy the pure thrower as a class other than a "fun build".
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2011, 05:27:16 pm »
I call the last 2 posts in this topic "crocodile tears" :).

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2011, 05:29:04 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Funny. With 10 PT I don't 1 shot kill people with wardarts and I can't even kill a courser in 1 hit with a throwing lance without the speedbonus. I don't have longer range than bows and their accuracy still surpasses mine in mid-long ranges.

Anyway, to fix your issue Keshian, we could do the right thing and nerf HYBRIDS.
I agree hybrids are too powerfull. It's rather easy to trade IF for throwing and  you're good to go.
Anyone with a polearmbuild can just swap IF for PT and start carrying jarids. They could even use them in melee somewhat effective.

Thats actually a good idea.  We could have all wpf from 1-200 all cost 5 wpf points to get so its not heavily weighted toward hybrids, no real reason for it to be more expensive at higher levels other then that single player did it that way.  Then even minimal effective wpf requires some commitment to agility.  This would also solve the problem of strength builds becoming the norm now and shift back toward balanced builds.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2011, 05:47:01 pm »
It's good people go hybrid. It is bad that ranged is so common and powerful. It is problem that throwers get this much ammo, and shoot too fast.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Centurion

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2011, 06:02:12 pm »
Alright as a thrower myself I do not find it over powered. The spears are easy to dodge. Darts just suck because they are historically a light weapon for light inf. Throwing spears jards and java do more pierce because here's the kicker. Power throw 6 plus gravity plus running forward plus fuckin heavy metal point equals fucking death. Not to hard to get. Also knives only work on unarmored and darts on med range light armored for effectiveness dedicate time for java and up. There should be no needs whatsoever. If a arrow can take half my health a freaking throwing spear should damn near kill. Everyone who complains is either a low level a light agility build high level or slow all strenght builds. Im a perfect balanced build and I take throwing lances to the chest and live half the time. When your slow your a target when your light and fast your a harder to hit but more devastating damage taker. Throwing weapons arnt meant to be perfect accuracy that's what bows and crossbows are for. Aim for groups of people with spears get lucky hits. Get point blank throw a couple for headshots pull out your secondary weapon and shock and awe those birches. That's how I fight. NO NERFS at all. People who long range snipe with throwing are idiots.

K im done with my rant.

For a shot at joining Lost Legion send me a message here or add me on steam at kolyskoa.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2011, 01:21:13 am »
as a thrower myself I do not find it over powered.

What every thrower says  :D
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2011, 01:36:47 am »
What every thrower says  :D

Indeed.
As a thrower I find that the damage on the higher tier throwing weapons could be brought down a bit (and lances shouldn't exist, they've always been retarded).  I'm a hybrid 2h/thrower (17/21 build, PS/PT @5, ath/wm @ 7, 140 2h, 100 throwing) and I use primarily war darts.  They're pretty innacurate
SS with darts, accuracy gets worse the higher weapons I use:
Standing still
(click to show/hide)
Moving
(click to show/hide)

The only time I can 1 hit people is a direct shot to the face, which is harder than people think and though I aim for the head luck plays a huge factor.  Even then it doesn't always 1-hit with my lawn darts (war darts).  On John_RS in his peasant tunic, straw hat and boots (forgot which ones) it took me 5 lawn darts to bring him from 100% - dead and this is about average.  People in armor it takes even more, so usually they have to be softened up by other players first.

For the most part I use them as my anti-archer defense.  Rather than grabbing a shield, I decided to invest in my lawn darts because I can force archers to either move and cancel their shot as I advance, or take the chance of getting hit.  With these lower end weapons I don't really see what's imbalanced about them.

However as you get to heavy throwing axes, jarids and lances (retarded) throwing really does get stupid in it's damage capability and goes from a support weapon like an xbow to a primary lolkill weapon.

Hybrids really aren't the issue, the issue is with higher end throwing and it's silly nature.

Just my thoughts.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline DKriza

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Bandits
  • Game nicks: Kriza_the_Prankster
  • IRC nick: Kriza
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2011, 02:06:25 am »
Aim for groups of people with spears get lucky hits.

That is the main problem with throwing, when two sides meet and real fight starts, its just comes down to luck for melee in  main fight to survive first throwers. This forces people to use shields, and automatically unbalances  the game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2011, 02:28:00 am »
As Gorath said, the high-end throwing weapons are the issue: they're over powered and absolutly ridiculous. I mean c'mon... throwing LANCES? We all know how much damage those things do, and how ridiculous it is to see somebody with throwing lances beat a 2h/polearm person in close quarters fighting. The lancer simply backpeddles and throws while the 2hander dies, because he can't close with the lance-chucker without going relatively straight and in so doing becomes an easy target.

My bitching, however, is from the perspective of a cavalry player. Yes I know, "Cavalry people should be sneaky and if you're hit by a throwing weapon and die it's your fault." and I call bull shit. My courser is so easily killed by throwers it's simply ridiculous. I have almost no chance of closing with a thrower, because said thrower is relatively alert. Said thrower can easily kill my horse in one or two hits (if he's using high-tier throwing weapons).

Unless people expect horses to have built-in invisibility projectors, cavalry have little option when confronting a half a team of hybrid throwers but to die or hide until the throwers are dead or have lost their ammo.

And so, think of the horsies when considering the OP nature of high-tier throwing weapons. As Gorath said, throwing weapons should fulfill a support role (like xbows). They should certainly not be capable of inflicting as much damage as if they were almighty Zuess's thunderbolts smiting my horse upon it's rump.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Tetris

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Once a King, Always a King.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Aegis Sovereignty
  • Game nicks: SoA_Sovereign_Tetris
  • IRC nick: Tet
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2011, 02:35:05 am »
I am so sick to death of these godforsaken rage-posts for throwing I am going to retire and become a "Mcdonalds cheeseburger" 2hand.  :(

Lances are op and stupid btw, but I never freaking hit anything with them (10pt 123 wpf)
Best just to go with war darts, ever if they suck for dmg you get alot of em, same goes with stones which I found out were freaking epic with or without heirloom.  :)

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2011, 05:37:25 am »
The only complain I got is the throwing lance.

Just reduce their stack to 1 instead of 2, I'll deal with that.
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2011, 06:13:14 am »
For the most part, the throwing situation has improved from the throwtastic throwfests every other server seemed to be a week or two ago. I'm not sure what it is, but there seems be a resurgence of archers and a dwindling of throwers. I'm not saying that it's perfect, just that it's better than it was. A simple fix to the issue of so many throwers using it primarily as a point-blank weapon is increasing the price and upkeep of higher tier throwing weapons.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2011, 11:17:40 am »
And I don't agree with you on rising price again.

Throwers have to pay PER equipped ingame heavy throwing axes to name a popular one cost around 250 gold to upkeep, on my throwing alt I mostly use war darts which most of the time get upkeeped 2 times every 2 rounds.

If only wpf was fixed for throwing they could reduce terribly the accuracy from the throwings so someone MUST spend wpf in throwing if he wants the PT 10 accuracy.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2011, 11:27:00 am »
15K for three stacks of throwing axes means I can use normal melee gear, solid mail, etc and 3 sets of throwing axes without problems. Sure, without throwing junk on me I could afford to use eg. transitional, but given I still die in 2-3 hits of throwing junk, better to have something to throw back. Plus it demolishes horses, shields, can be thrown at runners, etc.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".