Author Topic: Throwing weapons (need balancing )  (Read 16757 times)

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
Re: Throwing weapons (need balancing )
« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2011, 07:33:54 pm »
pure characters need a buff. :3

No, the increased wpf costs are here precisely because people were getting silly wpf.

Now as a pure you have more gold (to pay for upkeep for better stuff), somewhat more wpf, and in most cases more skill points as well. Don't make it sound like all that is nothing.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2011, 07:34:33 pm »
Hybrids don't need a nerf, pure characters need a buff. :3

And it's true. You don't lose much by going hybrid.

same thing hybrids nerf or pure ones buff works either ways for me

There is no reason for going pure thrower right now, it doesnt improve your accuracy or damage by the amount it should,
compared to what and how many you invested,
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Centurion

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2011, 07:35:59 pm »
Don't nerf hybrids were the cooliest in dah whole world  :shock:

Also. Nack Nack  a tick tack in the back back of yo sack sack while you pack pack your mack attack

Im a little high right now^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ just explain the above :D :twisted: :rolleyes: :lol: 8-) :mrgreen: :shock: :o :o

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2011, 07:43:46 pm »
No, the increased wpf costs are here precisely because people were getting silly wpf.

So? Should you not get higher WPF in return for not investing into other skills? Maybe the old ones were too high, but a slight buff wouldn't hurt.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2011, 07:46:06 pm »
Don't nerf hybrids were the cooliest in dah whole world  :shock:

Also. Nack Nack  a tick tack in the back back of yo sack sack while you pack pack your mack attack

Im a little high right now^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ just explain the above :D :twisted: :rolleyes: :lol: 8-) :mrgreen: :shock: :o :o

People having the NEED to tell the world they're high/drunk are most likely not high/drunk at all and only wants to look "cool", implying being drunk or high as shit is cool, which it's not since you just act like a stupid idiot.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2011, 07:47:22 pm »
So? Should you not get higher WPF in return for not investing into other skills? Maybe the old ones were too high, but a slight buff wouldn't hurt.

Rather nerf hybrids by making wpf somewhat more expensive at a earlier stage and a touch less expensive at later stages so it amounts to the same more for pures as it does now, but less for hybrids.

Anyway, wpf matters bugger all for some forms of hybridization. You can be a pure twohander and the only sacrifices to use throwing effectively are points invested and upkeep costs, with all your wpf still in 2h. Wpf isn't the culprit of the "everyone with a throwing weapon" scourge.

Best ban reason ever:
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2011, 08:12:19 pm »

Now as a pure you have more gold (to pay for upkeep for better stuff), somewhat more wpf, and in most cases more skill points as well. Don't make it sound like all that is nothing.

@ Bruce, IMO pre patch people were getting silly WPP because of retirement adding a bonus to it. Allowing people to stack a lot of WPP once they had retired a few times, thus negating the penalty of WPP of armors and being able to swing godly speeds in full plate.

As a pure I have 8 WM giving me 174 in 2h
as a hybrid melee/thrower I have 6 WM 150 in 2h, 50 in throwing
there is very little gain for the extra WM I put into 2h if I had more knowledge about the WPP system at the time it would have been more efficient to hybrid than specialize.
As a hybrid melee/archer at level 31 I will have 8 WM 135 in 2h, 134 in archery

I really don't mind that it is better to hybrid than specialize, I think that this is how it should be, soldiers should be trained to handle different situations. Not so much, rock beats scissors, paper beats rock, scissors beats paper.
my specialized character has 3 more attribute points more than the hybrids aswell so think about that too.

IMO Hybrids have the advantage in total skill points & total WPP where as Specialized have the advantage of total attributes and a high level in the skills they did specialize in, low level in the skills they for-go on there way to specializing AGI or STR or balanced some what inbetween.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:17:12 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2011, 08:21:57 pm »
Tbh, throwing isn't a problem about hybrids, but about throwing itself. I don't mind melee characters having something to throw before the melee and at runners/etc. However the excessive damage of high-tier throwables compared with the fact you can spam them quite damn well, does.

I don't think we should judge hybrids based on people who took throwing because it's the "in" thing to do due to its effectiveness. The whole wpf thing is moot, you might as well have 0 wpf in throwing and do just fine.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:23:30 pm by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2011, 08:35:35 pm »
Tbh, throwing isn't a problem about hybrids, but about throwing itself. I don't mind melee characters having something to throw before the melee and at runners/etc. However the excessive damage of high-tier throwables compared with the fact you can spam them quite damn well, does.

I don't think we should judge hybrids based on people who took throwing because it's the "in" thing to do due to its effectiveness. The whole wpf thing is moot, you might as well have 0 wpf in throwing and do just fine.

IMO the problem with throwing weapons is the number of higher tier ammo you have, -1 ammo would solve a lot of the problems. (I often wonder why the pack of javelins shows 3 javelins but there are actually 4.. ) maybe even a ninja nerf on the damage like -1 or 2

& about the WPP being moot, that is only when hybriding a thrower, you can still hybrid an archer and have more effective & efficient use of your WPP, which is why I posted my hybrid archer build at level 31, with a total of 270 WPP and my lvl 31 specialized with a total of 174. I also stated that there is no problem with this because the trade off is HYBRID = MORE TOTAL WPP, MORE TOTAL SKILL POINTS, SPECIALIZED = MORE ATTRIBUTE POINTS, HIGHER SPECIALIZED SKILL, LESS TOTAL SKILL POINTS.

All of which, my opinion.