bronto who?
give them run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs
december 2010
pretty cool guy tbh
Make Zeus head NA admin
he doesn't even play
not perma banning enough people

Author Topic: [NA] Head Admin [EU] Pleb Admin, Bronto  (Read 42074 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: [NA] Bronto
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2017, 05:29:00 pm »
+1
Only worthwhile sports games franchise was the backyard ____ games, particularly backyard baseball. That, and the original mario tennis on n64.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2017, 05:40:47 pm »
+1
Yo Asheram I was just thinking about Syphon Filter 1 and 2 but couldn't remember what the game was called! Both excellent.
They made a rework of them that you can play on ps3 like how they did one for metal gear solid.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2017, 05:51:30 pm »
+3
Best game ever.

(click to show/hide)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2017, 07:32:10 pm »
+1
Only worthwhile sports games franchise was the backyard ____ games, particularly backyard baseball. That, and the original mario tennis on n64.

I take it you are not a hockey fan? The NHL series especially in the last 10 years has really developed well.

The skill stick control system actually reminds me a lot of warband in that it is very different from other mechanics in similar games.

Very big fan of NHL 2018.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2017, 07:33:51 pm »
+2
I cant stress to you how much you're right taser, no other sim game has come as close to the massive entertainment value this game had... I mean fucking spiders with damn lasers attached to their heads.

Dr Evil would be proud. 

Really though I have this disk stashed somewhere at my place next to my Diablo 1 & Hellfire expansion, might have to reinstall.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2017, 07:41:13 pm »
+1
I cant stress to you how much you're right taser, no other sim game has come as close to the massive entertainment value this game had... I mean fucking spiders with damn lasers attached to their heads.

Dr Evil would be proud. 

Really though I have this disk stashed somewhere at my place next to my Diablo 1 & Hellfire expansion, might have to reinstall.

I lost mine a long time ago. I had so much fun taking down those reds. The spiders weren't actually that bad unless it was a new colony then fuck.

But the expansion you could do to take over the yard then the house was amazing. Plus actually fighting yourself as a soldier ant leading a charge into the red ant hills. Hnnnnnng. So good.

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2017, 07:59:43 pm »
+1
I would build fortresses out of pebbles and funnel those fuckers into my death traps, sometimes I would gamble it all and invade the enemy nest as the queen.  soooo! so good!
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2017, 05:47:55 pm »
+1
I take it you are not a hockey fan?

If you're asking whether or not I'm a canuck, well, you already know the answer to that one.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2017, 07:41:30 pm »
+2
Ah yeah Minecraft is great
Cassi, minecraft you say? Played that a lot with Horns. Nothing beats hiding an army of chickens underneath someone's house or in their walls.

Well actually it was a joke but you are right tho, played it a god damn long time myself.

I do love the Feed the Beast modpacks, the team is still actively making them and some are ridiculously difficult.
For those who didnt check them out yet, Mindcrack and Direwolf modpacks are the thing you need in your life if you like minecraft, advanced logistics, and an enourmous amount of additional content.
Adds energy/electricty system from many different generators. hundreds of new metals, shards for magic indcutions, hundreds of new railtracks, cards, even train automation possible. Hundreds of new materials, alternativ crafting ways, treefarms, bee farms, bioenergy, fuel system, hundreds of new weapons and armor, power armor types, exo skeletons, jetpack, running boots, falling boots. jumping boots, lasers, portal cannon (yes THE portal cannons), dangerous and difficult nuclear reactors, quarries, different pipes to transport and sort items or fluids (there are hundreds of different fluits). Youre basically able to automatically set quarries(64x64 size), provide them with energy, pipe out all the mined items, sort them into chests, melt the ores, trash the garbage, automatically craft items. If you wanna be a magician instead, go for it, theres a few mods about mastering the art of summoning, crowd control and elemental spells. You better want to be a hunter of rare beasts? go for it, hundreds of good looking mobs, and there are like 2 extra dimensions iirc, providing new stuff, new animals, and sometime end bosses like hydras, giant worms or wizzards/witches in huge pre spawned jinxed mansions. There is so much stuff that the friend I played with and I found out after like 500 hours that there is a tiny mod which lets you craft a rocket, and this rocket gets you into space and on the moon surface. We didnt know before, we did have to find out everything ourself. This is how complex this modpacks are. requires beefy PC (mine is dying rip). If I caught your interest msg me, we are definitely planning to play it again!

https://www.feed-the-beast.com/modpacks

Who else wants to post their top 5 video games and/or series????

sure
My randomly written top 5:

1: M&B - modpacks, cRPG, native multiplayer - overall probably my best gaming experience.
2: Borderlands 2 - I normally dislike shooters in general, but this game provides more dark humour and memes / second then any 4chan board does. One of the absolute best EVER. I love everything: the characters, the graphics, the weapons, the quests, the story, the easter eggs, the DLC's. 10/10 on every category, hands down.
3: Direwolf20 and Mindcrack - similar minecraft modpacks, thousands of new items. explained above!
4: Factorio - coop fun of the highest level, again, mods mods mods!
5: Gothic 1 - one of my first games, still one of the best. brutal, funny, scary, gothicy. No other game since then managed to provide a game atmosphere like this.

Other games which could make it into the list easily:

Lord of the Rings: Online - still my absolut favorite MMORPG out there. Community is becoming too small currently, only a few merged servers left, and players on high lvls minmaxing the shit out of the mechanics, so sadly I only play it on lower levels anymore, and of course roleplaying! Also this game and its class "Guardian" is the origin of my love for tanky classes. Always picking the most tanky class in any game since then.

Age of Empires II - classic

Black & White 2 - It doesnt run on my win 10, looking for a new laptop currently, and a criterium is: it needs to be able to run B&W2.

HawX 2 - I love aircrafts, this game is about Aircrafts.

Crysis 1 + warhead - Played when it was released, I remember when pc magazines went apeshit about the superior graphics quality. Had to play on lowest settings... Still, one of the very few shooters I played and probably still would play again.

Gothic 2 - part II of the legendary legacy

Gothic 3 - a bit differnt from the first 2 which used the same engine and the same coding in general, BUT, imo not worse. It is still a decent playable game I think, the bugs are real indeed but the rest of the game makes up for it. Finest open world sandbox RPG from the golden era. And I mean, REALLY open world, you could start with your peasant clothes. Swim over the ocean to the north, run around all trolls and orks, up the paths to the hills, find the magicans tower, stab him. END. I mean, you'd probably very likely die, but its possible, theoretically.

Battle of Middle earth 2 + Angmar edition + edain modpack - probably the best lan party game for all Lotr fans.

OpenTTD - very oldschool logistic economy game, awesome with friends!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:35:17 pm by Cassi »
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2017, 02:20:43 pm »
+2
Yeah Cassi I'd be down to play some modded Minecraft with you some time! Just PM server info and all that jazz and I'll see what I can do.

Also, flying games are great games and Hawx 2 was awesome. had that for PS3 and played the shit out of it. I also enjoyed the entire Shockwave series for 3DO, which is a flying game mixed with war of the worlds. Since then, nothing has really captured my interest quite as much. I like the flying game modes in the new Battlefront but they aren't as good as Battlefront 2 so idk. Hopefully the new Star Wars Battlefront 2 will fix what was broken and make flying great again! I tried Air conflicts which was OK but I wouldn't waste time on it. Other than that I haven't really looked at flying games for the current gen.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2017, 02:28:01 pm »
+3
I like minecraft for digging autistic over sized square holes down to the bottom of the map.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2017, 04:29:10 pm »
+2
Yeah Cassi I'd be down to play some modded Minecraft with you some time! Just PM server info and all that jazz and I'll see what I can do.

Also, flying games are great games and Hawx 2 was awesome. had that for PS3 and played the shit out of it. I also enjoyed the entire Shockwave series for 3DO, which is a flying game mixed with war of the worlds. Since then, nothing has really captured my interest quite as much. I like the flying game modes in the new Battlefront but they aren't as good as Battlefront 2 so idk. Hopefully the new Star Wars Battlefront 2 will fix what was broken and make flying great again! I tried Air conflicts which was OK but I wouldn't waste time on it. Other than that I haven't really looked at flying games for the current gen.

The flying mechanics were overall pretty darn solid in battlefront 2, a shame that the game mode(s) weren't as fun. You could only play capture the flag, assault (a race to destroy the enemy flagship, which is easier done from the INSIDE), or deathmatch, which just felt lacking. Woulda been hella sweet if there was a team deathmatch/assault combination where each side had a limited number of troops (respawns) and while the overall objective was to wipe out the enemy tickets, crippling their mothership would be highly recommended since if you leave it be it'll continue pummeling your fighters nonstop. So in other words, it'd just be an actual space battle between two flagships and their fleets. I haven't seen any space battle gameplay for the new battlefront 2 yet, but if it is as dope as the original but just a tad more polished, I may have to buy the game just for that alone.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2017, 04:50:26 pm »
+1
I liked that there were capital ships in Battlefront 2, but I preferred the variety of ships and basic flight mechanics in Battlefront 1. Dodging missiles was manual, not a preset combo that you did by pressing the 'dodge' key. The fact that X-wings had photon torpedoes but Tie-Fighters didn't was hell from a balance perspective but made it much more interesting IMO (and a little more authentically Star Wars). Also lasers from vehicles were chunky as hell in that game and could really decimate massed infantry, you needed rockets for that in the 2nd game.

The assault mode was disappointing in Battlefront 2 as you say. In singleplayer you could win in minutes just by boarding the ship. In multiplayer the boarding was nearly useless since you could guarantee chipping away at the ship from outside but inside you would be focused down immediately.

Interested to see which way the new Battlefront goes.

For sure, flying around in an X-wing made you feel about as powerful as you probably should be in bf1.  Shooting up lines of infantry with just your lasers was the most satisfactory and star wars-esque thing. Having to score direct hits with your pea shooters in bf2 was awfully underwhelming by comparison. I was just talking about bf2 since that was the only one with actual space battles that focused on ship v. ship combat. Flying around the bespin platforms map in an xwing and shooting down the tie fighters and bombers was great, albeit the constraints of the map were too limiting to really be able to it enjoy it the fullest*. Not to mention the AI in those anti-air turrets were fucking aimbotting whores who could melt your ship in milliseconds.

*Although being able to pilot a ship down one of the covered tunnels and lighting up the entire strip was pretty great, despite being as cramped as possible. I loved how you could "accidentally" shoot your teammates and they'd go flying like ragdolls but get up as if nothing happened since they take no damage (assuming you didn't knock them off the map entirely).

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2017, 06:03:22 pm »
*PTSD flashbacks to Bespin turrets*

Give me those ship mechanics in a space map with capital ships and boarding, and I'd never work again.

*I also miss having to find... inventive ways of dealing with the invincible heroes from that game. Blasting them off the edges, running them over, landing on them...

"Oh shit, the other side got Darth Vader now. Alright, to Bespin we go." A true shame that the heroes respawn though... Hitting luke or darthy with a bunch of well-placed grenades/rockets/ship lasers to finally knock them off the edge just to get a brief respite before they came back swinging, worth it every time, yet also never worth it if you actually cared about winning. I remember one time someone was capturing the middle command point on my side, the one inside the building with the turrets, so I turned around to take out the lone cpu, shouldn't have been too hard. Only when I arrived I saw no one, walked to the center and saw vader crouching behind the control panels, and I had naught but a rifle to defend myself. Was like a scene out of a horror movie as he stood up, ignited his saber, and started swinging wildly as I combat rolled my ass all the way back to the frontlines, as it was far safer there than back at our main base.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2018, 07:25:43 pm »
+1
All this talk about star wars video games, who's got Battlefront 2???? I do and I'm liking it way better than the first "next-gen" attempt.

It's all the Star Wars's so far and it's amazing. You can go from one level playing Roger Roger, to the next being part of the Resistance chasing ice foxes on a salt planet (WTF Riann).