bronto who?
give them run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs
december 2010
pretty cool guy tbh
Make Zeus head NA admin
he doesn't even play
not perma banning enough people

Author Topic: [NA] Head Admin [EU] Pleb Admin, Bronto  (Read 42011 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: [NA] Bronto
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2017, 09:02:57 pm »
I'd just keep an eye out for one. I'm sure by xmas they'll be available. I had an original working copy of E.V.O. that I sold for 300 bucks because it is an extremely rare SNES game. So I'm holding on to the other "rare" games plus my original system and will see what happens as far as value is concerned.

Nice, what other rare/classic ones you have?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2017, 09:54:33 pm »
+1
Got chronotrigger, super mario RPG, and Mega man x3 but i've played the shit out of them so not sure what they'd be worth now  :? Anyhow, they aren't worth that much in the first place, like I could maybe get a hundred to two hundred bucks a piece for them, so not worth selling.....yet :D....

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2017, 10:13:53 pm »
+2
Got chronotrigger, super mario RPG, and Mega man x3 but i've played the shit out of them so not sure what they'd be worth now  :? Anyhow, they aren't worth that much in the first place, like I could maybe get a hundred to two hundred bucks a piece for them, so not worth selling.....yet :D....

Even without a snes to play it, I'd buy a copy of chrono trigger for a cool 10 bucks, should you ever be in a pinch. Throw in a signature of the illustrious Brontosaurus and it'll be worth at least double. :wink:

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2017, 10:24:07 pm »
+2
Wow Jona. Dat undercut.

Although it would be worth more with bronto's signature to be sure.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2017, 02:24:44 pm »
+2
You guys are right! With my autograph, it'd easily go from 100 to 200 bucks to 3 or 4 million.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2017, 02:42:12 pm »
+1
Wish I never sold my super nintendo back in the day. It really had some amazing games.

Luckily I hung onto my N64 and I play that up at the cottage quite a bit. Got Super Smash, Mario Party 3, the New Tetris (excellent version of tetris), Rogue Squadron, Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium, and Mario Kart.

Just missing a couple that I would like to own. Still have to find Mario Tennis, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong 64, and StarFox 64

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2017, 08:44:45 pm »
Wish I never sold my super nintendo back in the day. It really had some amazing games.

Luckily I hung onto my N64 and I play that up at the cottage quite a bit. Got Super Smash, Mario Party 3, the New Tetris (excellent version of tetris), Rogue Squadron, Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium, and Mario Kart.

Just missing a couple that I would like to own. Still have to find Mario Tennis, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong 64, and StarFox 64

oh dude, Rogue Squadron was a great game. You also need to grab a copy of Shadow of the Empire, one of my favorite star wars games back in the day. Starfox 64 was also amazing, and everyone should have a copy of Goldeneye. What about Turok dude, that game was awesome on N64. DAMMIT JAMES, I'm going to have to go to a little retro shop we've got in the mall and go buy all that now...nostalgia is a hell of a drug...

EDIT: James you can pick up Goldeneye for about 17 bucks on gamestop's website. I know they are like buying from the devil him/herself but it's Goldeneye and worth the risk.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 08:52:36 pm by Bronto »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2017, 10:15:03 pm »
+3
Best game on the n64 is star wars podracer hands down. If you don't have that then you're really missing out.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2017, 11:18:12 pm »
+3
That feel when you tried to play your n64 but it was so weird to try and use, you wondered how the hell you used it before.

I tried to play mario kart a couple years ago and I had lost all knowledge of how to use the n64 controller. It was like magic to me at that point. Using PC and xbox/ps controllers made me weak.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2017, 02:59:04 pm »
+1
I feel you Taser. I just like how nintendo comes up with what is basically the predecessor to modern gaming controllers with the SNES, then is just like FUCK THIS, let's make some weird ass shit!!! We're gifted with the N64 controller, which is just a monster, they immediately follow that up with the Gamecube controller, like WTF and then we get the Wii remote plus dongle joystick! The fucking WiiU brick starts to, at least, resemble a modern controller. Finally with the switch they're getting back to a more normal controller scheme, after like 30 years...I know you can buy "pro" controllers for the last three, but the point is you shouldn't have to. Just give a normal controller right out the gate not some gimmicky piece of shit.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2017, 03:22:44 pm »
+2
Best game on the n64 is star wars podracer hands down. If you don't have that then you're really missing out.

A version of it came with the Battelfront Bundle PS4 I bought. It was Star Wars: Racer Revenge, along with Super Star Wars, Bounty Hunter (PS2 Jengo Fett FTW), and Jedi Starfighter. A pretty sweat deal if you ask me.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2017, 04:55:11 pm »
A version of it came with the Battelfront Bundle PS4 I bought. It was Star Wars: Racer Revenge, along with Super Star Wars, Bounty Hunter (PS2 Jengo Fett FTW), and Jedi Starfighter. A pretty sweat deal if you ask me.

Not too shabby. I never played the sequel to podracer, but from what I heard it doesn't hold a candle to the original. It isn't unplayable or anything, just simply can't top such a classic. I could really go for an HD remake of podracer if nothing else, as a complete reboot might be asking for too much since all Disney/Lucasarts wants is to get everyone hyped about their new trilogy atm.  I never actually played bounty hunter, despite trying to buy it countless times as a kid (was always sold out at my local gamestop). Is it something worth emulating or does it not really hold up too well? Jedi starfighter was the shit, though.

they immediately follow that up with the Gamecube controller, like WTF

Hey man, no hating on the gc controller, that shit is my jam. It's also just 99% the same as any modern controller, with just a few different features (analog instead of digital triggers,  only has a bumper button (Z) on one side, right-side analog stick (C stick) is much smaller than most). Apart from that, the layout of the main buttons are similar enough that you don't really notice much of a difference going back and forth between that controller and something like an xbox/ps controller tbh. I find it less weird than re-adjusting to the differences in analog stick placement between xbox and ps controllers tbh.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2017, 05:57:24 pm »
The best feature of Bounty Hunter is dual targeting with two pistols. That was what made the game great for me. Also, you're Jengo Fett. Goddamn JENGO FETT. What's not to like? I tried playing it on the PS4 and my memories of it were way better than what it actually is now so I'd probably just avoid it at this point. The level designs are pretty ugly compared to today and while it was pretty innovative at the time, it didn't hold up well. Controls feel clunky and awkward and the game itself seems so simplistic. Don't even get me started on camera angles....

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2017, 07:54:48 pm »
Yeah, sounds like a pretty "good" game that only becomes worse with age. Seems like I missed my window of opportunity on that one. Playing battlefront 2 as jango fett was probably more fulfilling anyways, other than the fact that HE DIDN'T HAVE DUAL PISTOLS and the one he did use was some generic shit that shot purple lasers.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2017, 07:58:31 pm »
I heard that. Most games don't hold up well when I revisit them and I'm left disappointed and wondering why I tainted the memory. Second best controllable Fett, is Boba in the latest Battlefront edition for this gen (not the one coming out in November) the one that came out like 2 or 3 years ago now?!?! Picking him as the hero and flamethrowing people is always a good time!