bronto who?
give them run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs
december 2010
pretty cool guy tbh
Make Zeus head NA admin
he doesn't even play
not perma banning enough people

Author Topic: [NA] Head Admin [EU] Pleb Admin, Bronto  (Read 42104 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: [NA] Bronto
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2018, 05:48:45 pm »
+1
I'd love a movie about the beginnings of the jedi order with the discovery of the dark side tbh.

I'd also like a movie where the empire doesn't look like the evil puppet to take pot shots at. Yeah sure they're dicks but maybe a thing where they want to give up the dark side corruption without going full rebel. There has to be people that actually think the empire is good/necessary evil or w/e without going full fuck this, I'ma be a rebel.

Or add in other orders like the grey order who I like the idea of but tbh they're dicks too. To try and keep things neutral forever is to forever keep the war going. Although I don't know enough about them to know if they'd even add much without going wild non canonically.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2018, 06:01:06 pm »
+2
I'd love a movie about the beginnings of the jedi order with the discovery of the dark side tbh.

While having the most potential to be an absolutely awesome movie, covering this topic also allows it to have the most potential to be a complete and utter letdown. What if the origins of the jedi-sith are as mundane as a farmer boy realizing he can will the broom to sweep the floor on its own? And then when he teaches his buddy that guy goes and starts using the force to steal money. Boom, jedi and sith alike are born. It'd have to be the perfect balance of mythical and practical to be a successful origins story, imo.

I'd also like a movie where the empire doesn't look like the evil puppet to take pot shots at. Yeah sure they're dicks but maybe a thing where they want to give up the dark side corruption without going full rebel. There has to be people that actually think the empire is good/necessary evil or w/e without going full fuck this, I'ma be a rebel.

Agreed. Let the Imperials have their share of the limelight as well. Maybe you don't even need to depict them as wanting to overthrow the emperor/darth vader to sell them as "not all bad," and instead just show them NOT torturing and imprisoning people for no reason. Show them as being rather normal law enforcement/soldiers/workers...  hell, there have to be even some normal people in the Empire apart from those wearing stormtrooper armor or the officer uniforms. There's some non-military aspects of the Empire, after all... show us some mundane businessmen!

(click to show/hide)

Huh, didn't know he was a KOTOR fan, that's good news, I think. Hopefully he doesn't revere it so much that he wouldn't even want to touch the era for fear of messing it up. They definitely need to take a more non-committal approach with that era, for sure. Just because there is a movie in "the old republic era" doesn't mean it overwrites the history established in the KOTOR universe... surely the old republic lasted longer than a few decades, so there'll be plenty of time available for them to cover completely unrelated stories.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2018, 07:42:08 pm »
+3
Star Wars: The Empire-SVU

I'm with Taser on this, I'd love to see an origins of the Jedi trilogy. If done well, it could be really amazing and give us fresh insight into the Jedi order itself. There are/were so many Jedi/Sith stories out there prior to Disney's acquisition and that could be a lot of great source material even if they don't use it at all. They can still see what fans were thinking and build from there.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2018, 03:09:20 pm »
+2
So I finally got around to watching Logan last night and was blown away. Normally, super hero movies are not that great to me, but this movie, holy fuck. I don't know if it's because I just really like Wolverine or what, but god damn that was one good movie. Did you guys see it, and what did you think?

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2018, 03:13:38 pm »
+1
Yeah Wolverine is about as good as they come superhero wise. Also really enjoyed Logan.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2018, 04:58:34 pm »
+2
Hell yeah, that movie was awesome. I don't follow any of the comics so idk how accurate it was to the source material, and whether or not fanboys didn't like it as much because of that, but as a casual movie-goer, I loved it. Definitely one of the best super hero movies in recent times, if not the best.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2018, 06:37:23 pm »
The fact that the mutants had largely died out offscreen due to GM corn

:lol:

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2018, 07:18:12 pm »
Same thing is happening to regular people at this point in time, so not that far-fetched lol!

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2018, 05:13:09 am »
Just learned something pretty crazy... the Han Solo spinoff movie comes out in less than 4 months (May 25th, apparently). I thought it wasn't gonna be until December, as that is when every other star wars movie has been released. So what the hell? Where are the trailers? Where's the attempt at hype? Has Disney actually just done us all a favor and scrapped it, quietly sweeping it under the rug?

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2018, 02:15:27 pm »
I read that they had to do reshoots with Ron Howard at the helm vs the guy they originally hired. Also that the first and possibly only trailer won't come out until May 4th. How accurate that is, it's hard to tell. I think if they aren't hyping it yet then they know they fucked up and it's probably a shit movie that no one asked for or wanted.

Edit: After much consideration, they'll probably have a preview during the Super Bowl this Sunday, if they're smart.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:13:12 pm by Bronto »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2018, 05:04:01 pm »
+1
I read that they had to do reshoots with Ron Howard at the helm vs the guy they originally hired. Also that the first and possibly only trailer won't come out until May 4th. How accurate that is, it's hard to tell. I think if they aren't hyping it yet then they know they fucked up and it's probably a shit movie that no one asked for or wanted.

Edit: After much consideration, they'll probably have a preview during the Super Bowl this Sunday, if they're smart.

Oh shit, I also keep forgetting the superbowl is already this weekend. Is this what it feels like to get old, Bronto?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2018, 05:17:31 pm »
+1
Oh shit, I also keep forgetting the superbowl is already this weekend. Is this what it feels like to get old, Bronto?

(click to show/hide)

Pretty much. Your eye sight gets worse, you got more aches and pains. What kind of bed you sleep on starts to actually matter. It's the pits my dude. Although my memory is still sharp as a tack. I just forget dumb shit that doesn't matter because it doesn't matter, like who's that one guy in that show about the stuff, things like that.

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 447
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Zeus
  • IRC nick: Zeus?
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2018, 10:00:57 pm »
+2
while we're on the subject of upcoming movies/tv shows, how about amazon and lord of the rings, hopefully they dont fuck it up

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2018, 10:03:28 pm »
+1
while we're on the subject of upcoming movies/tv shows, how about amazon and lord of the rings, hopefully they dont fuck it up

Hopefully... but let's be real, they're gonna. Has Amazon produced anything actually good yet?

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2018, 10:16:07 pm »
+1
Hopefully... but let's be real, they're gonna. Has Amazon produced anything actually good yet?

I liked Red Oaks and Transparent but I'm old so they probably aren't hip.

As for Lord of the Rings, it should be pretty awesome because they won't be trying to stretch one book into three movies :D