bronto who?
give them run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs
december 2010
pretty cool guy tbh
Make Zeus head NA admin
he doesn't even play
not perma banning enough people

Author Topic: [NA] Head Admin [EU] Pleb Admin, Bronto  (Read 43738 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: [NA] Bronto
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2018, 07:37:29 pm »
All this talk about star wars video games, who's got Battlefront 2???? I do and I'm liking it way better than the first "next-gen" attempt.

It's all the Star Wars's so far and it's amazing. You can go from one level playing Roger Roger, to the next being part of the Resistance chasing ice foxes on a salt planet (WTF Riann).

Yeah but is it as good as the OG battlefront games? No, no it isn't. Therefore it musn't be played!

...being a stubborn fanboy has saved me countless shekels over the years.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2018, 03:08:46 pm »
It's not as good indeed but it's still pretty good. I've been having a lot of fun on it playing galactic multiplayer and I enjoy some of the new features such as being about to fly a ship when you get enough points. I also enjoy the customizable weapon mods.

Overall, I'd give it a 10/10 when compare to the last one and about a 7/10 if you compare it to the originals. It's pretty good, so play it Jona and then give me your honest opinion.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2018, 03:34:16 pm »
+1
HESKEYTIME, did you see The Last Jedi? If so what was your overall impression, I know we can't go into much detail cause spoilers but what did you think?

Myself, I was pretty disappointed with the Luke story line and just thought it a bit absurd. I think Riann missed the entire point on that one and what a bullshit space thing that happened if you catch what I'm throwing.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2018, 04:29:54 pm »
I felt exactly like you after my first viewing so maybe I need to watch it again. I was just disappointed and felt like they could've done so much more.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2018, 05:57:26 pm »
+1
the unlikely Empire vs Clones and Empire vs Droids missions from the old ones

See, this right here is all the reason you need to play bf2 campaign.  :lol:  In all seriousness though, the campaigns of the originals were definitely lackluster, but being able to play couch co-op while having full teams of bots was the shit back in the day. Undoubtedly the new ones have much more polished and refined campaigns, I just don't actually have a system to play them on, as I'm afraid my pc is at the end of its life cycle and I don't have a current gen console... yet.

(click to show/hide)

Agree with just about 99% of this. Very well-written and knowledgeable arguments. 10/10 review young lad. Just to tackle this part here:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 06:03:01 pm by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 26, 2018, 07:27:13 pm »
+1
Jona and HESKEYTIME (anyone really as long as you've seen the movie) maybe you can help me gain some clarification on these points.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 26, 2018, 08:41:11 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2018, 09:51:32 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2018, 12:37:04 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2018, 06:09:09 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Fuck outa here you sloot.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2018, 05:29:26 pm »
+2
Fuck outa here you sloot.

(click to show/hide)

No u.

(click to show/hide)

The weird thing is if you didn't like The Force Awakens you might actually like this one since it's so different.

Or you'll hate it even more.

Yeah a couple people have told me that too. Guess I'll find out whenever I see it. Then come back and check this chat out with all dese spoilers. I've already kinda heard a couple anyway but managed to keep them vague enough that I know there's a thing or two that happens with certain chars but not what they are. We'll see how that goes.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2018, 02:27:41 pm »
No u.

(click to show/hide)

Yeah a couple people have told me that too. Guess I'll find out whenever I see it. Then come back and check this chat out with all dese spoilers. I've already kinda heard a couple anyway but managed to keep them vague enough that I know there's a thing or two that happens with certain chars but not what they are. We'll see how that goes.

I'm in the position now where I should watch it again in total silence so I can appreciate it more and see if there is anything that I like that I may have not noticed the first time. Either way, it was a Star Wars movie and I love Star Wars so maybe I'm just being hypercritical since Disney now owns it. I don't want Disney to Disneyfy it, next thing you know we'll have characters singing and shit while they duel!

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2018, 02:35:05 pm »
Fell asleep during a newer hope force awakens. Haven't felt the need to watch any of it since but I think I will get around to it one day.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2018, 03:41:00 pm »
Yeah that came across wrong. What I mean was, I hope that Disney doesn't try to make it too kid friendly. I know their first three Disney Star Wars films have been pretty amazing and I think they are heading in the right direction, I just don't want them to lose sight of where they are going and start churning out shit just to capitalize on it. I'm really on the fence about Young Han Solo, a movie no one asked for or needed. I mean for fuck's sake, Harrison Ford was young in a New Hope. Now we've got an even younger Han Solo. Why? We don't need or want this? Should've made a stand alone Darth Maul movie instead. It would've been way better.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2018, 05:07:36 pm »
+1
I don't want Disney to Disneyfy it, next thing you know we'll have characters singing and shit while they duel!

Imo they've already Disneyfied it, although it isn't necessarily as bad as it could be... yet. While SW always had cheesy dialogue we hadn't exactly had your mom jokes before, and sure SW always had fun action sequences it seems like with each new movie they're trying to constantly set the bar higher, sometimes at the cost of plot. Overall the new SW feel a lot like the Marvel movies, they pump em out once per year, and while they're fun to watch, you don't necessarily feel the need to ever see them more than the 1-2 times you've gone to see them in theaters.

I think the best way to identify someone who's just hating on Star Wars cos Disney or cos too popular/successful/mainstream is to ask them what they thought of Rogue One cos noone in their right mind wouldn't have enjoyed that.

Hmmm... well, you see...  :lol:

Not that I HATED Rogue One or anything, I just felt like it was severely overhyped. I can understand that a lot of the more casual SW fans would like it since its a cool war movie and all, I just felt like it dragged on for far too long, with characters that ultimately are rather uninteresting. The movie has quite a pacing problem where the first 2/3 or 3/4 are a super slow grind, and then finally at the end you get your big payoff. Don't get me wrong, the final act in that movie was probably the best from any modern SW movie, but the rest leading up to it was downright awful. Maybe that's the type of movie that you DON'T go back and see a second time, but I did and boy was it difficult to not fall asleep during the first 2/3 or so.

Also fuck the new Han Solo movie. I've never been more biased against a movie prior to its release, it's going to have to absolutely blow me away for me to ever say that it was anything more than a huge let down. Not only is it unnecessary in every sense of the word, but I feel like exploring Han Solo's back story is just going to detract from his character. He's the mysterious space rogue, leave some of that mystery intact, please. They could have made a dumb spin-off about anyone else's past and it would be less detrimental to the main story, imo.