Poll

Should you recieve extra gold for Kills and damaging enemy players?

Yes
88 (45.4%)
No
25 (12.9%)
Yes, but only for Kills
27 (13.9%)
This Idea sucks in general
54 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 194

Voting closed: January 12, 2011, 06:31:38 am

Author Topic: Gold for Kills and damage  (Read 6317 times)

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
Re: Gold for Kills and damage
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 06:04:52 am »
Definitely should reward kills. Currently, I feel totally powerless over my gold gain. I can have a 2:1 k/d ratio and still be losing gold. Less breaking anda bonus for kills pls.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 10:55:39 am »
more meritocracy cant be bad

i wanna see the k/d ratio  of all people who say no

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 11:39:55 am »
Getting kills is easy. Making your team win the round, now that's a real challenge.

If you reward kills, people will hunt peasants for gold and ignore the dangerous players.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 11:47:19 am »
Getting kills is easy. Making your team win the round, now that's a real challenge.

If you reward kills, people will hunt peasants for gold and ignore the dangerous players.

again this  bullshit?

1)make it based on   the killed k/D ratio and level   not only       simply  by killing ,and include also a general  dmg   counter.(so if you wounded 10 top k/d guy it matter more than someone who killed 5 paesant at 0-5 k/d )
2),     and think again,    this is a gaim about killing other, who more kill ,more win.              i still need to see people dieng from a heart attack, or surrender.  (you win the round by killing more )

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 12:03:02 pm »
You can go and check old forum and you will find out that you just made one of the worst idea ever ! Battlefield could turn in to chaotic run for kills and damage. It was like that it fails and kills the mod.

This.

and don't you earn enough gold and xp actually?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 01:23:49 pm by Blondin »

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 12:05:29 pm »
This.

and don't you earn suffisant gold and xp actually?

another guy who losed brain, inalating too much crack and popper

we not wanna MORE GOLD AND MORE EXP, we wanna gain it thx to    our ability,          not becouse you only logged in.     GOT IT? or need a picture?

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 12:33:37 pm »
I am not sure if you understand players mentality: very few people actually think what they are doing at the battlefield, most just watch for nearest enemy and when they spot them they just charge straight on, now this mindset is not particulary ecouraged by current patch, because you get gold per minute, and having 5x modifier actually makes people think: is it profitable to just charge and die?, with bonus for kills it would have much less effect and don't forget about tk fest that happens usually when lone enemy player is spotted: it would just get worse.
Tell that to the horde of naked players who just charge to die at the begining of the round, since they will get money anyway... new system encourages and promotes leeching, going naked, beggar style and camping in general......do you know why? coz going naked and dying the first one will you provide the most profit in the long run... this is the system we got, for me it makes not sense at all... seriously... Its antigame when a person wins a round, kills half the other team and yet losses money. No other game punishes you for doing it fucking amazing for one round. This is the only one i ever met in more than 22 years playing games... more than 12 playing online.....just dont get it. I prefered the first upkeep system even if i didnt  like it. At least you had some control. Now its too random. The first upkeep was like gambling, this new system is like a lottery....The game its more like native than ever. Indeed you see worse armor and weapons than in native. What the hell....Native starts being interesting again, since you will find a very similar gameplay, better armor and weapons in general, better balance (not much), more variety and the most important, you will be rewarded for being a good player. You wont have a Cprg mortage to pay for your items. You play a round and will win enough money for the rest of the map. Did they do to end with the farming? coz i dont get it, its more a grind than ever. Indeed you have to keep grinding for your whole crpg experience. In native you just play, have fun and when you leave you are done, nothing to worry....
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Vex.

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • Fancy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Vex_TheWeakling
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 12:46:40 pm »
This would be nice, but if we can use the same system as the duel server. More gold for high lvls and shitty for the peasants.

As the upkeep is now... Well we can't use items like plate without have shitload of gold. It would be nice with a boost for the one who actually are killing enemys.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 01:02:46 pm »
No, chadz finally managed to encourage teamplay instead of mindless killhunting. Rewarding kills leads to everyone rolling killer builds and ignoring the support roles.

All this "support would still be rewarded, killers are just rewarded more" is nonsense. It implies that killers are more important for their team than the other guys, which obviously is not true. As an easy example, a few cavalrymen (or even fast infantry) can harass a much larger group of enemies enough that they run after trying to kill them, allowing their teammates to overwhelm the outnumbered force and then finish off the heroic pursuers. The harassers may not get a single kill but they still contribute hugely to their teams victory.

Same goes for pikemen poking and supporting behind the front line and protecting flanks from cavalry, ranged taking down horses from afar etc. etc. There's just so much you can do besides kill.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 01:34:56 pm »
another guy who losed brain, inalating too much crack and popper

we not wanna MORE GOLD AND MORE EXP, we wanna gain it thx to    our ability,          not becouse you only logged in.     GOT IT? or need a picture?

Why are you so agressive? i guess you should stop alcohol, or you'll kill somebody....

But, if think well you'll see that you can gain more gold if you are skilled and if you do TEAMWORK. (i put it in caps, cos i'm not sure you know well this word).
This mod has never be intended to be a rush to kill ratio and personnal reward, it was more pre-patch and that's one reason why chadz made the patch.

I guess for a skilled player and an old one, you should understand this, otherwise you're dumb.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2011, 02:04:51 pm »
Stop these retarded idea's please....
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Jetsam

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Quik_MB
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2011, 02:09:04 pm »
Then instead of sitting back and waiting for a good time to make yourself useful; people will just run in, get as many slashes to land as possible before they die, and still get the same XP from being dead and sitting back. Sounds pretty awful.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2011, 07:07:54 pm »
(...)I prefered the first upkeep system even if i didnt  like it. At least you had some control. Now its too random. The first upkeep was like gambling, this new system is like a lottery....(...)

Haha well said. I want my 'gambling' in crpg back. 'Tis fun, i tell ya. FUN!  :twisted:

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2011, 08:13:19 pm »
So long as the reward is MINIMAL, I think it's a good idea. Anyone under lvl 20 should give no gold/exp.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2011, 08:21:11 pm »
I prefer the system now.  We're seeing more teamwork, flanking, tactics (of course some rounds the teams are still retarded gung-ho rambo clusterfucks, but old habits and all).  Going off a kill reward system would just promote more uber spam rambo action.  Currently support characters (pikemen, spearmen, xbow/1hers) are getting to feel useful.  In a kill system, they're back to the bottom of the barrel and would be better served rolling 2her like the rest.

Just my opinion though.

my thoughts exact.
my primary build is 1h+shield. I like to ninja and cause havoc... I usually feel that I have made a useful contribution to my team, but my score doesn't always reflect that. I like the new system. Now when I play diversion while my friend stabs someone in the back, I don't feel like I've been cheated of exp/gold. Great example... on siege server yesterday, I blocked up a ladder with my shield while my friend stood next to me with a 2hand axe and slaughtered people (it felt a lot like single player castle defense). At the end of the map i was like 9-7, my friend was 79-9. If you got exp per kill... I would have felt very cheated as my extremely helpful contribution did not net me many kills. The new system rewards successful TEAMS, I don't care about rewarding successful individuals. If you want to be constantly getting rewarded for your efforts... find a way to influence your team so that they will beat the other team, or try to switch up your gear and role so as to take advantage of the other teams weak points.