Poll

Should you recieve extra gold for Kills and damaging enemy players?

Yes
88 (45.4%)
No
25 (12.9%)
Yes, but only for Kills
27 (13.9%)
This Idea sucks in general
54 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 194

Voting closed: January 12, 2011, 06:31:38 am

Author Topic: Gold for Kills and damage  (Read 6349 times)

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
Re: Gold for Kills and damage
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 03:23:34 pm »
You can go and check old forum and you will find out that you just made one of the worst idea ever ! Battlefield could turn in to chaotic run for kills and damage. It was like that it fails and kills the mod.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline King Berend

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • The Risen Champion
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Risen
  • Game nicks: TR_Duke_Melas_V_the_Champion
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 03:41:41 pm »
this will be great!
cause there wont be so much armies of leechers everytime
cause now you can just kill for money which I always wanted :mrgreen:
but one thing is a bit crappy,
the skilled players (like me :mrgreen:) will get more money.
so there will be skilled tincans and everyone is gonna cry to them eh??
thats what I think about it,

geetz, Berend

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 03:44:05 pm »
I think gold for helping objectives such as killing people by flag as defenders. raising flag, breaking down doors, moving siege towers should get you rewardd as attackers. etc.

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 03:56:05 pm »
We could give gold for killings, then sit back and enjoy every one tk each other trying to kill peasants  :lol:

I say we go back to the old XP system but use it in-concert with the new one! So every one still gets their base xp per minute AND gets a round bonus for being in the vicinity of kills. OF course with all the new gold that would be coming it upkeep would have to be re raised =D.
On it.

Offline Tornkik

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 06:34:42 pm »
Yes, I think we should get xp/gold for personal kills too. The current system for me seems to just encourage delaying rounds and leeching. I don't approve of the current system, but It doesn't bother me. I'd like personal rewards too.

Offline Garrett_

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 06:41:30 pm »
Some gold for securing objectives/whatever you name it - could work, rewarding people for damage/kills - no thanks, we already have people tking when swarming lone enemy, or charging like idiots straight to enemy defences just to get kill, why should we encourage that?

Offline Dwarden

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2011, 07:16:27 pm »
why are people reluctant to include also minor kill bonus next to damage bonus ...

i seen and even myself done kills with 1hp left ...
so person who puts me out of my misery, saved someone on theirs team

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2011, 07:31:32 pm »
Some gold for securing objectives/whatever you name it - could work, rewarding people for damage/kills - no thanks, we already have people tking when swarming lone enemy, or charging like idiots straight to enemy defences just to get kill, why should we encourage that?

How does it encurage people to charge and die stupidly?? if u die u will get no further gold for kills so I dobout u wnat to die quick,

Offline Garrett_

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 07:40:45 pm »
How does it encurage people to charge and die stupidly?? if u die u will get no further gold for kills so I dobout u wnat to die quick,
I am not sure if you understand players mentality: very few people actually think what they are doing at the battlefield, most just watch for nearest enemy and when they spot them they just charge straight on, now this mindset is not particulary ecouraged by current patch, because you get gold per minute, and having 5x modifier actually makes people think: is it profitable to just charge and die?, with bonus for kills it would have much less effect and don't forget about tk fest that happens usually when lone enemy player is spotted: it would just get worse.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:42:05 pm by Garrett_ »

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2011, 08:01:43 pm »
If you get so much gold that it no longer matters much if you win the battle or not it will ruin the game.
So it must be but a small bonus, that you couldn't care less about imo.

The introduction of XP and gold for everyone, no matter where you fought, dead or alive was a real boost to gameplay.
To receive gold upon kills or hits will do the opposite. More or less.

When to get gold?
X gold per enemy you hit, no matter if they get killed or not, no matter if you hit once or twice.
So if you hurt 10 enemies you receive 10*X gold.

How much gold?
1 gold per enemy you hit, so 10 gold if you hurt or kill 10 enemies.
And you should not get a multiplier for this.

Scary example of what may happen if this gets implemented with a reward that is too high:
Cavalry will probably not care about each other. Instead they will just horsebump every single infantry unit there is.
Holding of other cavalry as a horseman yourself may make alot of difference for the outcome of a round but won't give you much gold. So why care?

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 03:03:49 am »
I don't even think gold is really something i NEED for excelling and leading teams in kills etc.

I'd like a tiny bit more xp to help break the level barriers after 30
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 03:05:28 am »
It would be good to bring back penalties for tking and posibly ad penaltes for team damage so ppl are more aware of where theyre swinging their weapons
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline Mattressi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mattress, Mattressi, Mattressii, Matturtle, Matthrow, Mattbalist, Superion_The_Tainted, Mattrun
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 03:33:53 am »
I don't think it would work out well. Even with the current (and previous) system of gold/xp gain, which doesn't reward individuals for their kills or damage done, I see multiple people all running in to kill one guy, with archers firing at him too - presumably just to add another kill to their k/d ratio. If you give even further reward for killing/damaging, this will happen every time. People are duelling, one player's team will run in swinging wildly trying to get the kill, often damaging each other and the player in the process, while an archer will shoot into the battle, occasionally hitting the enemy, occasionally their team mates. If you decide to counter this by bringing in negative gold/xp for killing or damaging a team mate, the game will become even more hate filled: if you accidentally run in front of an archer (who was aiming the opposite direction a second ago) and they shoot you, they complain; if you go and kill an enemy, people will often complain that you stole a kill that was 'rightfully' theirs (because they had run off to gain an advantage or something :rolleyes: ), but they couldn't make the kill for fear of hurting/killing you.

Besides, some classes will be left out. If horse damage isn't counted, the faithful pikeman that dehorses all the cav and then watches as his team rips apart the still-fallen cav player before he can get a hit in, he will not be rewarded for this. However, if you make horse damage count, a good pikeman that catches cav unaware can kill most cav horses in one hit. With the health horses have, this would give him significantly more gold/xp than regular infantry, for less effort.

Also, how would you take armor into account? It's not fair if some loser picks on all the peasants and goes around one-hitting them, then gets more gold/xp from it than someone who kills one or two tin cans after lengthy battles with them. Unless you take armor into account, this quasi-polite system of not killing peasants straight away (most people probably just do it because peasants aren't as big of a threat as other enemies) will turn into a system where a peasant simply cannot live more than a minute through a game.

Offline McBeverage

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Joseph590 is the one ture king.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Self-Employed
  • Game nicks: lol_ture
  • IRC nick: McBeverage
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 03:43:17 am »
I don't think the server keeps track of the damage dealt by the player, only kills and the like.  I'm sure someone more knowledgeable could confirm/deny this though.
Heralding the rise of the Mad King since 2009

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (GyB) Got your Back
  • Game nicks: Pharaoh_GyB
  • IRC nick: Birds
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 04:04:06 am »
o.O i think itd be cool if we could comepare to eachother our stats... but anyways about the thread.. I wouldnt mind an extra to help those who want to use heavier armor.. I also think we shouldnt break weapons so easily... or when we win / stay alive... bs
I can picture a world without war, a world without hate, a war where everyone gets along. I can also picture us destroying it, becuase they would not expect it.