Poll

How do you feel about the new 2h stab animation?

Keep it
Revert it
I'm not sure.

Author Topic: [Poll] Feedback on 2h stab.  (Read 26245 times)

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Re: [Poll] Feedback on 2h stab.
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2015, 06:38:07 pm »
+3
The ones who want the old abusable stab, are the ones who base their gameplay on it.

When the polearm lost the polestugger and after that the small polestun after each hit, I didnt see any polearmer crying like a little bitch.

But I guess that the difference between polearmers and 2handers, we suck it up and we adapt.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2015, 06:43:23 pm »
+1
The new 2h stab is the best change ever in cRPG (along with removal of polestagger). Keep up the good work!

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2015, 06:45:12 pm »
+5
Ok, I've aimed the stab up towards the head, this way you can look down and hit the body if you so wish (to see the stab).
It's slightly longer, and I've tried to improve the anim compared to the sweetspot, so it should do damage when you expect.

4k img
http://i.imgur.com/phZ7zaP.png

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2015, 06:53:35 pm »
+1
The player's body blocks the view with a polearm stab too, and this new 2h stab isn't so bad. You just have to get used to it. I'd rather have it go where you aim (middle of the screen). After a couple of hours using it it's not so hard.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2015, 06:55:34 pm »
+7
GTX is just destroying everyone in this thread, its kind of hilarious but at the same time sad that because you'd expect people to be more sensible than GTX (no offense my love, just because how you act in game <3) but so far everyone is just shitposting basically.

The ones who want the old abusable stab, are the ones who base their gameplay on it.

When the polearm lost the polestugger and after that the small polestun after each hit, I didnt see any polearmer crying like a little bitch.

But I guess that the difference between polearmers and 2handers, we suck it up and we adapt.

Are you saying all the other stabs are not "abuesable" (this term has just lost all its meaning, basically anything that kills and is used more than once is abused), because they certainly are. And basing your playstyle around the strengths of your class is not strange, its smart. Just like how miaodao users will spam a lot because that is the strenghts of the weapon.

There were complaints about the removal yes, i believe i have been part of those way back when. Also you really cant compare the removal of polestagger to a change of animations. Im still sad about the losses of atleast the small stun, i thought it made polearms more unique.

I think the difference is that polearmers cry so 2h gets nerfed, while 2h cries about getting nerfed.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:59:33 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2015, 06:57:59 pm »
+4

Yeah... I suppose with that logic I base my gameplay on stab with katana.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 654
  • Infamy: 1546
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2015, 07:11:29 pm »

That is indeed funny, polearmers didn't complain at all. Of course, this amount of tears aren't on level with archers every time they get nerfed, it is kinda on the same level as cav when devs implemented that cav stagger or cries from pikers when block was removed.

Edit: All these posts talking about haters of 2H and people who don't "understand" 2H. Like whole purpose of cRPG is to allow one to lolstab. Dude try another class, there is a ton of them and most are very enjoyable once you get a hang of it.

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2015, 07:18:57 pm »
+4

While (target follow)
{
      Input.GetKey"S"
      Input.Feint
      Input.Swing
}
else
{
     Input.GetKey"W"
     Input.Feint
     Input.Swing
}

^ Polearm gameplay.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2015, 07:34:52 pm »
+2
Seems like like peoples opinions are based on what they play. Since I rotate between alts with pole/1h no shield and 2h I will comment according to a dice roll. 1-2 pole, 3-4 1h, 5-6 2h.

It was a 2 so as a poler here goes:

Those no skill 2h bitches were so op the stab was far too long too effective the 2h swing animations are much better pole is still way harder than 2h even after change etc etc

Ah the sheer ease of biased unthinking response via a random dice roll frees me from need to contribute anything like a valid opinion and hence I can stay firmly with the majority.

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2015, 07:41:17 pm »
Ok, I've aimed the stab up towards the head, this way you can look down and hit the body if you so wish (to see the stab).
It's slightly longer, and I've tried to improve the anim compared to the sweetspot, so it should do damage when you expect.

4k img
http://i.imgur.com/phZ7zaP.png

That looks real nice.  I definitely prefer that termination to the current version.

Since you're putting so much effort in I thought I should elaborate on my comments a little.   My biggest issue with the current state is that it doesn't transition well when you switch from left, right or overhead to the new thrust.  The "flow" is off and it is quite jarring for me.  So I guess what I'm getting at is that the chambering portion of the animation needs the most work as far as I'm concerned.  (Not being able to see where I'm pointing my sword is also an issue but it doesn't bother me as much.  Center screen is still center screen.)
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2015, 08:59:23 pm »
+4
I think if you keep the angle the same as that last picture you posted, and try and move the weapon so that it is held off to the right a little more (think polearm stab, the user kind of hunches over sideways instead of purely forwards) then the new animation will be in a good place. Currently it is relatively annoying how (depending on what head armor you wear) the tip of your sword is obscured. With no head armor you can fairly easily see where you will be aiming, but with a helmet with as small of a brim as the pronoia, it becomes a lot more difficult to see. I can only imagine the frustration of a kettle hat 2hander (if those even exist).  :lol:

EDIT: Also, please try and lower the upper right arm, that blocks the view just as much as the user's head does.

EDIT 2: See picture below for potential chamber animation stance (the guy on the left).

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:31:18 am by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2015, 05:44:00 pm »
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102341596/anim_senni_2h_stab_2.smd
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102341596/2hanimangled.blend
(Pick one; the blend file is from the latest version of blender, the smd would require the valve importer/exporter plugin for blender.)

Show me where, on the dummy. :D

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2015, 05:49:39 pm »
+4
I'm a polearm player and i already see some 2h players adapted. In my opinion stab is better now.  Instead of high agi - s key -stab easy win combo, now you need to use it with a good timing which it should be at first place...

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2015, 06:33:31 pm »
I find it something between old "lolstab" and polearm stab. For reach, we still have left swing. This new stab has its uses, different from old one, but it's still good (and looks great!).

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2015, 06:38:19 pm »
I'm a polearm player and i already see some 2h players adapted. In my opinion stab is better now.  Instead of high agi - s key -stab easy win combo, now you need to use it with a good timing which it should be at first place...

And some amounts of skill...