Poll

How do you feel about the new 2h stab animation?

Keep it
Revert it
I'm not sure.

Author Topic: [Poll] Feedback on 2h stab.  (Read 27701 times)

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
Re: [Poll] Feedback on 2h stab.
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2015, 04:51:54 pm »
+5
senni, why u hate 2h  :cry:  :cry:

I don't :o

2h has been the one constant in my char roster, either it's been my main or a high level alt, since I joined crpg. (mostly my main)

I just didn't like the old animation (your arms go inside of each other...)

Well feedback suggests:

- Longer
- Less wooden
- Better View

Your will is my command.

Offline W0LF

• Baron
  • Renown: 148
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: W0LF
  • IRC nick: W0LF
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2015, 04:55:13 pm »

Well feedback suggests:[/b][/u]
- Longer
- Less wooden
- Better View

Your will is my command.
All that is needed in my opinion.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2015, 04:58:45 pm »
+10
It breaks the inter-class balance completely which is probably the biggest issue. Right now polearms are too strong in comparison. 1H stab is arguably the best right now (imo it was even before this patch), followed by polearm and then 2H which still carries the biggest stun penalty, has the lowest damage and now lacks reach as well. The stab stats need a huge buff to keep it in line, otherwise everyone will either go with the non-stab 2H which were already strong, or simply respec to far superior polearm class.

Besides the stats one of the big problems as mentioned many times before is that you cannot see the tip of your sword. That makes it impossible to time the attack right and see the reach of the weapon. None of the other animations have this problem. The other major issue is that it's not really a change we needed and it screws up some players that have perfected the current animations. In a mod that's already about to die, there's really no reason to start breaking individual play styles unless they are somehow overpowered which 2H stab reach game never was imo.

So in conclusion I'd say it was worth a try, but please revert it.
This.

Ontop of that the polearm class is way more versatile than 2hs ever were. Polearms is able to fill a large amount of roles and do extremely well. This is especially apparent in strat, where the polearm is by far more useful than the 2hs in most situations (4-directional, hoplite, supporting infantry with long range spears, cav and so on). Hell, they can even use large 4-directional weapons like the long voulge on horseback. It doesn't really feel like there is something that the polearm class can't do at this point, which is why i went with it aswell.

Furthermore the balance between the stabs felt atleast decent. I did not see any stab being largely underutilitzed in comparison to the others. There was a ton of polearmers that used polearm weapons centered around stabbing, and the 1 handers got a great stab in one of the patches recently, which made them utilize stab a lot more. Now on other hand, i just don't really see the point of the 2h stab anymore. It's only going to be used in situations, where the 3 other directions could easily do the job aswell, and at this point they do a better one. There is not as much danger, when it comes to glancing and being stunned, when you use the swings, and they even deal more damage. In addition the 2h stab lost its biggest strength, the reach, while it kept all of its weak points. The 2h stab will probably lose the ''range game'' to most 1 handers at this point, if the 2h tries to engage in a range game fight with stabs. This is both because of the short reach of the stab, but also because of the animation, which makes it a lot harder to aim, since you can't really see where it's going.

Anyway, congratulations Panos, and you weren't even here to complain, it was just the usual 2h hate that brought this. You can say that i'm just crying or whatever, but the fact is that i have played 2h for 4 years, and i might have commented on the patches that weakened my class, but i have never ever respecced my character away from the 2h class, until now.

PS: I don't see how realism plays such a large part in this discussion. Realism never played a large role in balancing threads, because the original devs always valued great gameplay over realism, but i guess times change.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:02:33 pm by _GTX_ »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1043
  • Infamy: 523
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2015, 05:11:45 pm »
Polearm thrust works very well on those two-handed weapons that use it.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2015, 05:17:27 pm »
+7
How can you say this:

When the guy who implemented the change said this:

Just 2 posts above yours, the guy likes 2H, he didn't like the old animation, he got a ton of community support, he tried something new. Now he's made a new poll to hear everyone's feedback so that he can improve the animation again.
You answered your own question. Senni clearly shows that he made this change with the intent of making a better and more realistic animation for the 2h stab, because he did not like the animation, but he liked the class. This is probably not the same reason he had a major backing from the community, as you mentioned above. This backing was probably a result of people seeing a chance to finally get rid of the ''QQ op 2h stab'', if anything that seems to be the main intent, just form 4 years of experience with this community. This is furher proven by the fact that Senni showed concern for the actual strength of the new 2h stab, but most people never responded to his concern.

PS: You're allowed to comment on my concerns for the new 2h stab, since that was the point of my post, instead of picking on these small and mostly insignificant things in comparison.

Offline Arthur_

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 557
  • Infamy: 148
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Arthur
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2015, 05:23:50 pm »
For the first time I have to agree with GTX.. people hate 2h becouse they have played it for a week and now they hate it.. when you play 2h since the begging of the mod you know all the weak spots 2h has.. there are more than u may think..  so I guess all the 2h haters are gonna vote to keep this shit..
Also this doesnt look much different than the 2h pole stab... I use the 2h pole stab a lot becouse its practical and it stabs horses.. but if the 2h stab would look pretty much the same thats just bs..
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:30:00 pm by Arthur_ »

Jackie who?

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2015, 06:05:18 pm »
Fainting, agi, 2handers whore will cry :D :mrgreen:

Offline oralroberts

• Count
  • Renown: 204
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SEMENstorm_BITCHYOUAINTNO
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2015, 06:05:50 pm »
+1
Dat stab

Offline Fungus

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • QIH
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The best clans
  • Game nicks: Fungus Von Krems, Lyall, Bydand Fungus, Fungus The Saracen
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2015, 06:07:52 pm »
+4
I'm glancing 9 out of 10 of my stabs now, the range is a real bitch to judge and the new speed doesn't help either
The more I play with this new 2H stab the more I dislike it :/

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2015, 06:15:13 pm »
good, range of 2handers stab was retardly op and redicilous, not to mention they could swing while stab(adjust the stab after release)

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2015, 06:16:58 pm »
+3
Well since he's taking on the specific feedback to improve the mechanic to something better I wouldn't call that insignificant at all. It's worth noting that whilst you're unhappy with the current animation/mechanic we're in a fairly unique and rare cRPG scenario where someone is actually physically working to address your concerns, take on feedback and update us on his progress.

I'm not dismissing your issues with the new stab, you know the class far better than me, but I wouldn't simply dismiss the update as an attempt to nerf the class, the intentions were good and so is the ongoing effort to fix it. I cant speak as to the motives behind the voting since we all know what this community is like. I haven't had time to play much since the patch since it happened sunday evening, but a 2H tried to stab me and I didn't die therefore I agree it probably needs fixing, i'm not disagreeing with you there.
I mentioned that he weren't trying to nerf the 2h stab. I actually said that this was not his intent, because he had a love for the class, but just disliked the old stab's animation, but not its properties. However, it's very insignificant that you addres a tiny comment at the end of my post and choose to focus entirely on that. It was not even directed at Senni, it was directed at the general mindset that seems to be surrounding this new 2h stab, regarding realism>gameplay.

As you mentioned in this quite, this is a feedback thread, therefore you should focus on my feedback, if you were to discuss anything in this thread, because that's the point of this thread. Anyway I'm done arguing over insignificant and unnecesarry things with you, especially because of this:
I haven't had time to play much since the patch since it happened sunday evening, but a 2H tried to stab me and I didn't die therefore I agree it probably needs fixing, i'm not disagreeing with you there.
You clearly showed you have no intent of actually discussing the balance of the 2h stab, instead you choose to derail this by picking on the small things.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:24:20 pm by _GTX_ »

Offline Fungus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • QIH
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2015, 06:20:05 pm »
good, range of 2handers stab was retardly op and redicilous, not to mention they could swing while stab(adjust the stab after release)

You mean the same way polearm and 1h stabs can move left or right while stabbing??

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2015, 06:21:10 pm »
+3
You mean the same way polearm and 1h stabs can move left or right while stabbing??
you should be awere of his stupidity and just ignore him

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Fungus

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • QIH
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2015, 06:23:18 pm »
I will in future, thank you

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2015, 06:31:56 pm »

Well, if Iam so stupid why DEVS decided to change this retarded stab, huh?

As I said before......

....2h agi whores will cry  :mrgreen: