Author Topic: February patch preview, input appreciated  (Read 26129 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: February patch preview, input appreciated
« Reply #270 on: February 08, 2015, 11:31:27 pm »
+2
As we all know, every item in crpg has 6 levels, from -2 to +3. What may not be as common knowledge is that each level of an item counts as an entirely different item... it has a different name and different stats, after all. So multiply all of crpg's items by 6, and that is how many items we truly have, as far as the game is concerned. Hence, we are already over the "soft cap."
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #271 on: February 09, 2015, 06:56:22 am »
+1
I dunno what you're talking about... that sounds awesome.

Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #272 on: February 09, 2015, 09:08:15 am »
+4
I can feel with the item team here... I haven't done as much as those guys, merely a few events and tournaments but everyone who has ever done something in this community probably knows dem feel.

You're trying your best to get things done while having a normal life and all you'd get is nagging and complaining. It ain't proper criticism when you don't offer solutions or ideas to back it up. It's just complaining when you don't. Especially when you have no clue what you're talking about.

Anyone really surprised that Bagge organized 2 tournaments and went MIA afterwards. It was a pain in the ass for the most part, not to mention more work than anyone here probably expects.

So, maybe just be thankful and patient once in a while when there are actually people around still willing and able to spend time and effort on this dying mod :wink:
Does it really matter if the patch comes this or next week? I don't think so... be happy there even still is a patch on the horizon. Hell, be thankful that the servers are still running!
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #273 on: February 09, 2015, 04:58:27 pm »
As we all know, every item in crpg has 6 levels, from -2 to +3. What may not be as common knowledge is that each level of an item counts as an entirely different item... it has a different name and different stats, after all. So multiply all of crpg's items by 6, and that is how many items we truly have, as far as the game is concerned. Hence, we are already over the "soft cap."
There is a total of 6553 lines in cRPG´s ItemKinds1.txt and the number at its beginning states that there are 6192 Items in it.
Now,open up that file and use CTRL+F to search for something,Felt Cap for example,replace " " with "_",so search for "Felt_Cap"you will see its there multiple times(note that the ones in the same line are for one type of an item,one showing the name and one the mesh it should use.).
For me that makes it look like there is 6192/6 items in cRPG,which would end up at around 1k,as not every item has a +3 rank iirc.
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #274 on: February 09, 2015, 05:11:31 pm »
You're joking right? 'If even half'? Anyone else who's played full invasion 2 want to back that statement? I'm not criticising crpg's variety because it has plenty of variety for what it is, but full invasion 2 is full invasion 2.

Now i havent played FI2 in a while, but i do remember quite a varied amount of items, each was very unique but the quantity wasnt amazingly large and very comparable to crpg. But then on crpg you add the layers of loomed items which are all counted as a different item according to code or whatever mumbojumbo. There's a lot of items in crpg, even without looms i think theres more than FI2, unless ofcourse its been patched since i last played it and theyve added more stuff.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #275 on: February 09, 2015, 05:44:01 pm »
Just asked a friend to look at FI2´s itemkinds1,it has 7663 items.So yeah,might wanna try asking them-or,sorry,him,but as I understood it,he went back to FI2 and stopped working on cRPG.
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #276 on: February 09, 2015, 06:07:06 pm »
is the 15/30 2h build (miaodao) still going to be viable after the patch?
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #277 on: February 09, 2015, 07:48:02 pm »
is the 15/30 2h build (miaodao) still going to be viable after the patch?

Sure hope not!  :twisted:

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #278 on: February 09, 2015, 08:54:06 pm »
+4
:))))

i sure hope every char will get a respec and an exchange!

(click to show/hide)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1707
  • Infamy: 2594
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 09, 2015, 09:04:11 pm »
Always read the small print. Some free heirloom exchanges would be nice.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 10, 2015, 01:06:15 am »
+4
dtv suggestion: replace viscount with cookie baking grandma.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 01:10:57 am by Lichen »

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #281 on: February 10, 2015, 01:19:53 pm »
Hang on does this mean heavy armour is getting further nerfed in terms of weight wpf etc? I already get a much better k/d with a balanced build naked or light armoured rather than in hvy plate, making heavy armour even more crippling in terms of speed while providing a little more protection seems daft. Its getting to the stage where running round high level with a fast club or staff is a power play option, pity the silly buggers in plate with expensive weapons what they need is a tunic and a stick to be really effective.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2586
  • Infamy: 1514
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 10, 2015, 01:54:36 pm »
+3
Heavy armor is meant for strong builds, not your puny sub 30 STR build. When you have no ATH skill, armor weight isn't an issue.

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 11, 2015, 02:01:43 am »
+2
Patch looks pretty good of now but would be nice to see more changes made to dtv. Already loving the 2x xp modifier, hopefully going to bring a lot more people on the server, and make more armor viable -> less bots (if that is still a thing), but imo some enemies (especially in the newly added later waves) are bloated. So, I'm just going to address the worst examples of this

(click to show/hide)
TLDR:
Fuck everkistus.

Personally I would like to see some of the new waves scrapped, they are sometimes rehashing of older waves, usually just with higher stats. Also it would be nice to see the viscount buffed. At one point on an empty server I managed to 10shot him with stones. I think he's been buffed since them, but he is still weak as fuck.

One last non-dtv note: Please rework the level system so 1-25 isn't attainable in 20 minutes. One of my favorite parts of the game used to be retiring and then watching as my character slowly built up his strength, became able to use more and more weapons over time. Now this happens so quickly I spend more time on the website lvling up after a round than I do actually playing the game. Thats about it, just my opinions about how things should go. Doubt this will actually change anything, but felt I had to input.
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 11, 2015, 02:39:59 am »
+2
Add new dtv wave with heaviest gauntlets + 15 powerstrike. No other weapons. Dress them in the worst matching outfit you can think of.