Author Topic: February patch preview, input appreciated  (Read 26316 times)

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
Re: February patch preview, input appreciated
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2015, 02:53:12 pm »
You know,he might be talking about items?:S

Add items without code? Don't try this at home :lol:
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2015, 03:24:11 pm »
+2
Is it dangerous? :O
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2015, 03:43:31 pm »
+2
fatal even
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
« Reply #258 on: February 08, 2015, 12:29:53 am »
+2
Add Nudge give you the kill if the person you nudge fall down from a high place, so usefull at siege from time to time

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #259 on: February 08, 2015, 01:30:33 am »
Add items without code? Don't try this at home :lol:
Its gonna be so hard to copy stuff from a spreadsheet that your team is filling.Could take an entire day to do so...
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 08, 2015, 05:40:20 pm »
+10
Its gonna be so hard to copy stuff from a spreadsheet that your team is filling.Could take an entire day to do so...
It's so hard that after Senni and San edit the item spreadsheet, chadz and cmp need another 6-12 hours of coding, uploading, SQL errors, server downtime and whatnot. Result: Bows shooting greatswords, cavalry characters riding on helmets, missing textures, dropping light crossbows makes throwing axes appear... San puts a lot of thought into balance decisions, Senni is experienced at item coding from Nord Invasion, chadz is a stellar coder and cmp is the creator of WSE2. It should be obvious these people are experts, but yet there are issues. It's because the task at hand is hard, not because the people who work on it are bad. I bet you aren't even aware of the issues we currently encounter with the item limit soft-cap. Yes, such a thing exists, you can't add an unlimited number of items and expect the module to stay functional.

If you allocated half of the time you spend reading the forum, asking for new features, saying how easy everything is and complaining about our supposed incompetence to something productive, you could have already created something great. You keep complaining, but please see things the way they are: Close your eyes, and you see what you have done for the mod. Look at cRPG as it is now, with all its aspects and features, and you see what other people have done for the mod.

If you truly cared about this game, you would see opportunities where others see flaws. You would see potential colleagues where others see stupid devs, arrogant scene editors and an unorganized item team. In the end, you don't care, because you lack vision and capacities for teamwork.

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #261 on: February 08, 2015, 08:48:44 pm »
It's so hard that after Senni and San edit the item spreadsheet, chadz and cmp need another 6-12 hours of coding, uploading, SQL errors, server downtime and whatnot. Result: Bows shooting greatswords, cavalry characters riding on helmets, missing textures, dropping light crossbows makes throwing axes appear... San puts a lot of thought into balance decisions, Senni is experienced at item coding from Nord Invasion, chadz is a stellar coder and cmp is the creator of WSE2. It should be obvious these people are experts, but yet there are issues. It's because the task at hand is hard, not because the people who work on it are bad. I bet you aren't even aware of the issues we currently encounter with the item limit soft-cap. Yes, such a thing exists, you can't add an unlimited number of items and expect the module to stay functional.

If you allocated half of the time you spend reading the forum, asking for new features, saying how easy everything is and complaining about our supposed incompetence to something productive, you could have already created something great. You keep complaining, but please see things the way they are: Close your eyes, and you see what you have done for the mod. Look at cRPG as it is now, with all its aspects and features, and you see what other people have done for the mod.

If you truly cared about this game, you would see opportunities where others see flaws. You would see potential colleagues where others see stupid devs, arrogant scene editors and an unorganized item team. In the end, you don't care, because you lack vision and capacities for teamwork.
Im not complaining about you doing shitty work.I appreciate what you do.Why wouldnt I?
Im complaining about you behaving as if you were smarter than everyone else.Reading you last posts is quite sad if you read between the lines...

Edit:Pretty sure Full Invasion 2 has more items than cRPG.Might wanna try asking them how they got around that cap?

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #262 on: February 08, 2015, 09:16:10 pm »
+6
Result: Bows shooting greatswords, cavalry characters riding on helmets, missing textures, dropping light crossbows makes throwing axes appear...

I dunno what you're talking about... that sounds awesome.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #263 on: February 08, 2015, 09:26:21 pm »
+3
Im not complaining about you doing shitty work.I appreciate what you do.Why wouldnt I?
Im complaining about you behaving as if you were smarter than everyone else.Reading you last posts is quite sad if you read between the lines...

Edit:Pretty sure Full Invasion 2 has more items than cRPG.Might wanna try asking them how they got around that cap?

I doubt full invasion has more items, if even half.

Also you complain about how they are behaving when they are the ones providing free updates and patches to a mod, even while having you post shit.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #264 on: February 08, 2015, 09:31:00 pm »
I doubt full invasion has more items, if even half.

Also you complain about how they are behaving when they are the ones providing free updates and patches to a mod, even while having you post shit.
Dedicating your free time to a video game doesnt entitle you to be an asshat.

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 08, 2015, 09:37:18 pm »
+4
Reading you last posts is quite sad if you read between the lines...
You are imagining things. I have a direct attitude and won't hide any messages in my posts.

Im complaining about you behaving as if you were smarter than everyone else.
I am more informed about how cRPG is organized than most players. Should I pretend like I wasn't? I wouldn't be item advisor for long if I did that. Players who just consume this mod have no responsibility. I am not a only player, but also contributor, so I act accordingly. Sorry if me doing my job makes you feel inferior, it's not intended.

You should however revise your strategy. If you want to show me I am not as smart as I think, you shouldn't do that by pretending you'd do a better job if you were in my position. Because if that were the case, you really were in my position and I would try to pick up your skills.

TBH,thats not too special compared to what we have now.
Remarks like this piss me off. Zimke is in a whole other league than everyone in the cRPG item team, especially myself because most of my colleagues are better at texturing and normalmapping than me. Since I cannot reproduce what Zimke is doing, I have no right to criticize him. You cannot even reproduce the modest things the item team is doing, so I get legitimately angry about this blasphemy of yours.

If you didn't judge the artistic talent but the innovative aspect, think before you post. Since you are interested in medieval computer games, there is nothing which could possibly surprise you in terms of items. You have seen it all: Different shapes of swords, axes, maces, ranged weapons, armors, shields. Everything outside this norm is considered fantasy, and M:BG is not going to be a fantasy game.

The head developer of FI2 is already in the cRPG item team. I appreciate your constructive suggestion, but it turns out I am again behaving as if I am smarter than you.

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2015, 09:58:56 pm »
+4
Members of the community would put a ton of time and effort into making new shit for the mod, and then they'd never get any feedback, or any contact with a dev, or have any of their hard work implemented.
That's me and Tak founding the Item Workshop on August 29, 2014

We didn't give up but kept asking on IRC until we were no longer ignored. Since I am not particularly special, I think anyone else could have done the same. Lobbyism in cRPG means bugging people on IRC until they get really annoyed and remember you for being persistent.

fyi: FI2 has no looms or broken items, which makes quite a difference. Please spare us from suggestions like removing either of them, because we already have a solution which "just" needs to be implemented. "Just", as in hours over hours of workload.

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 08, 2015, 11:03:01 pm »
+3
Dedicating your free time to a video game doesnt entitle you to be an asshat.
So according to your logic, not dedicating your free time to a video game does entitle you to be an asshat? :rolleyes:

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2015, 11:23:19 pm »
Only on my tablet atm and its a pain to use forums/website with this,so I will respond with something tomorrow...
Till then,you might wanna continue this via PM or,if you want others to keep reading it,create a thread in general off-topic/spam,as I have not interest in going further off-topic than I already did.
So according to your logic, not dedicating your free time to a video game does entitle you to be an asshat? :rolleyes:
I didnt say that.

Offline Rico

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2015, 11:29:28 pm »
+3
I have not interest in going further off-topic than I already did.

I am adding some lemon and salt to your tasty tear tequila and spend the rest of the night preparing patch contents. Make sure not to buy any of the new items once the patch is released and look away if others equip them, because you will contradict your ideas :lol: