Author Topic: February patch preview, input appreciated  (Read 26338 times)

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: February patch preview, input appreciated
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2015, 04:32:40 am »
+1
I mean is this really balancing? It seems like someone's dumb pet project.

All I'm seeing is the mod's dying last gasp for air

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2015, 09:08:30 am »
+2
I am only on my phone and haven't read much yet. Plate armor will be less accessible, but heavier armor will have better body, head, and legs. The 18 weight armor would go up to 20 weight with slightly better stats than current 20 weight armor. Heavy helmets and legs would also get more armor for a small weight increase.

Doesn't have to be fully balanced, just not too aggravating to get killed and be fun to use. I just like being able to identify builds from gear and elite equipment that only a few people use. Gothic plate with bevor would be over 80 or so at everything.

Sooo, heavier armour is having its strength requirements raise also? Correct?
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2015, 07:03:28 pm »
+2
I just came here to a) receive an answer to my question b) warn people about taking balance advice from you. There's no point I'm trying to prove and everything I've said so far that isn't a or b is just me calling you out on your bullshit.

You failed at 'a', and having a temper-tantrum clearly isnt getting you what you want. If you're so committed to 'b' and warning everyone against me lol please make your own thread, see what happens. But quit spamming off-topic, it's harming your precious credibility. Look at your little outburst on page 4, did it accomplish everything you ever dreamed it would? Not even the people who disagree with me are acknowledging your post, but keep it up.

a) http://www.autismspeaks.org/
b) omg I am infected right here on page 6
c) constructive patch suggestions anyone?
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2015, 08:06:58 pm »
Just mute em both.

@c)Its always hard to find good suggestions before a patch happens,instead moste people will tell you how they would have done it afterwards.
IMO,cRPG is fucked atm,do whatever,it can only get better.
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2015, 09:27:59 pm »
+2
Just mute em both.

@c)Its always hard to find good suggestions before a patch happens,instead moste people will tell you how they would have done it afterwards.
IMO,cRPG is fucked atm,do whatever,it can only get better.

you would think a project would improve patch by patch ya, thats...usually how it works.

I think the only way we are going to make it better, is first: realize that it is, beyond a doubt broken right now, and that we should focus on fixing the problems instead of making more \ new ones.
Say what you want about STR, we did not fuck up \ break the mod NEARLY as much as agi has, there is far too little diversity anymore, and the hit detection and wonky combat is worse than ive ever seen it.

Its just not as fun anymore. This is not a boredom thing, this is a frustration thing.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2015, 09:32:28 pm »
+1
you would think a project would improve patch by patch ya, thats...usually how it works.

I think the only way we are going to make it better, is first: realize that it is, beyond a doubt broken right now, and that we should focus on fixing the problems instead of making more \ new ones.
Say what you want about STR, we did not fuck up \ break the mod NEARLY as much as agi has, there is far too little diversity anymore, and the hit detection and wonky combat is worse than ive ever seen it.

Its just not as fun anymore. This is not a boredom thing, this is a frustration thing.

Plenty of diversity on eu1. No nerfs needed to the attributes, both are very viable.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 482
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2015, 09:47:55 pm »
+1
Muted??

Why you muted Wayyyyne?? Why didnt you muted both then??

Who muted Wayyyne??

Tell me the reason admin
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"

Offline W0LF

• Baron
  • Renown: 148
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: W0LF
  • IRC nick: W0LF
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2015, 09:57:38 pm »
+2
My suggestion would be give strategus heroes a free respec once a month. Feel like it would be a good addition

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2015, 10:44:14 pm »
+2
This will be the third time I'm telling you that ranged adds nothing to the game isn't what I said. Ballistas don't anything to the gameplay is what I said.
It's also the fifth or maybe sixth time you're bringing this up again completely out of the blue. It's bordering the autistic now, heskeytime.

Are you brown irl btw? You seem to be frustrated bringing this up when it has nothing to do with the thread. Again.

Also: I'm pretty sure I should feel more entitled to talk about balance than you do. I mean, if an election for master of balance were to be held between me and you, it certainly shouldn't be you to be elected.

just for the record, you and balance dont fit together. You have been always lingering on the agi side (so have i) but you find the ways to exploit mechanics of things. Heskey is more fun organized, and you are just a pure pain in the ass K:D GTX'er :)

oh and reacting so snappy and arrogant will turn you into a minus farm, wich you allready are
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline W0LF

• Baron
  • Renown: 148
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: W0LF
  • IRC nick: W0LF
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2015, 10:47:30 pm »
Might be wrong, hopefully someone can confirm, but i thought current strat heroes did get a free respec every 7 days now or something? Since the October patch.

(click to show/hide)
my current one cannot only alts get 1 free respec per week

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2015, 11:00:23 pm »
+5
One can only hope that the armor changes can help the current status of crpg, but we all know it will only further aggravate things (as all recent patches have done), if anything. Make lighter armors even lighter? Great, now agi builds can zip around even faster. Weaken medium armors? Okay, not much change here... agi builds, str builds, and balanced builds will all simply have weaker medium tier armor now. Make heavier armors heavier? Now any agi build can run circles around a tincan with more ease than ever before. Maybe the beefier plate armor will let a tincan tank 1 more hit from an agi build, doesn't matter much when the heavier armor also slows down the tincan's swings so much that they can't get a single swing in.

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2015, 11:08:49 pm »
One can only hope that the armor changes can help the current status of crpg, but we all know it will only further aggravate things (as all recent patches have done), if anything. Make lighter armors even lighter? Great, now agi builds can zip around even faster. Weaken medium armors? Okay, not much change here... agi builds, str builds, and balanced builds will all simply have weaker medium tier armor now. Make heavier armors heavier? Now any agi build can run circles around a tincan with more ease than ever before. Maybe the beefier plate armor will let a tincan tank 1 more hit from an agi build, doesn't matter much when the heavier armor also slows down the tincan's swings so much that they can't get a single swing in.

When I first saw this thread this morning I was really tempted to write an entire essay regarding my experience as an agi build for the past 3.5 years in the hopes that someone with the power to do so would see the light and set out to fix the current game. Then I realized that even if anyone read it, no one would care enough to bother themselves with changing anything. So this short little blurb was my response instead.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 02:18:15 pm by karasu »
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Shatter

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Shatter_Astralis
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2015, 11:23:05 pm »
The change to glove looms for "medium" and "heavy" gloves seems weird to me.  Except for the Heavy Plate Gloves -> Heavy Gauntlets upgrade, you were always paying 0.2 weight for 1 armor.  With the new changes, medium +3 looms are +3 armor and heavy +3 looms are +4 armor at 0.2 more weight (the same cost as you normally pay).  This just seems to unnecessarily create a gap between base 6 armor and base 7 armor loomed gloves without really separating them into classes.  Both medium and heavy gloves should just both use the new medium loom chart.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2015, 11:45:42 pm »
+1

(click to show/hide)

But the gap between a max loomed plate vs cloth will be made even more massive, so one part will become a super tank while the other is usain bolt. I dont think it will make plate worse as plate is already so heavy most people wont be affected by a bit more weight. Having even more armor though is nice because (atleast my build) is focused on survival purely from armor and hp. The reduced weight on cloth is probably not noticeable at all compared to the increased armor for plate users.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2015, 11:53:09 pm »
+1
Before raging/whine about it, just wait for it, and see what happens. If you know you aren't going to like it, well, play cRPG for the 2 weeks you still got before rqing.