Author Topic: February patch preview, input appreciated  (Read 26383 times)

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: February patch preview, input appreciated
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2015, 08:55:18 pm »
This will be the third time I'm telling you that ranged adds nothing to the game isn't what I said. Ballistas don't anything to the gameplay is what I said.
It's also the fifth or maybe sixth time you're bringing this up again completely out of the blue. It's bordering the autistic now, heskeytime.

Are you brown irl btw? You seem to be frustrated bringing this up when it has nothing to do with the thread. Again.

Also: I'm pretty sure I should feel more entitled to talk about balance than you do. I mean, if an election for master of balance were to be held between me and you, it certainly shouldn't be you to be elected.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:59:44 pm by wayyyyyne »

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2015, 09:04:37 pm »
+1
More balancing oh god. 

Never again

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2015, 09:06:52 pm »
+1
Basically everyone is balance build, some are extreme strwhores and some are agi based.

But... how?  :shock: everyone has balance build and at the same time there are strength and agiwhores? how?  :shock:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1388
  • Infamy: 2401
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2015, 09:18:50 pm »
+4
Can't quote everything so:
  • GTX has 24/24 build and ~65 body armor
  • 60+ armor is considered as plate, because it offers great protection and you can force glances with proper footwork, which gives you free hits
  • speed bonus is very important and should be changed in cRPG, values are tailored for Native where player acceleration is lot lower, in cRPG because of ability to reach insane speeds, speed bonus is VERY BROKEN (example, Xanor killing tincans in 4 blows with 3 PS and Katana)
  • STR builds are in minority compared to AGI oriented builds these days, played both for about two weeks (15/30 and 30/15), STR is more fun now because it feels proper, native movement speed rocks

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2015, 09:27:52 pm »
+2
Can't quote everything so:
  • GTX has 24/24 build and ~65 body armor
  • 60+ armor is considered as plate, because it offers great protection and you can force glances with proper footwork, which gives you free hits
  • speed bonus is very important and should be changed in cRPG, values are tailored for Native where player acceleration is lot lower, in cRPG because of ability to reach insane speeds, speed bonus is VERY BROKEN (example, Xanor killing tincans in 4 blows with 3 PS and Katana)
  • STR builds are in minority compared to AGI oriented builds these days, played both for about two weeks (15/30 and 30/15), STR is more fun now because it feels proper, native movement speed rocks

I see a ton of str builds, probably just as many as agi builds. Also 4 blows with perfect speed bonus and perfect swings probably, while he would die to 1 swing himself.

But... how?  :shock: everyone has balance build and at the same time there are strength and agiwhores? how?  :shock:

Basically, not literally. What i mean is the majority are still balance while there are some that stray slightly to x and y.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 640
  • Infamy: 1047
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2015, 09:32:35 pm »
+2
Majority can't be balance if they accelerate at the similar rate as my 10 ATH char wearing ~7 body armor and significantly faster than the 5 ATH char wearing the same armor, while average armor is around ~12 weight.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2015, 09:39:49 pm »
+1
Majority can't be balance if they accelerate at the similar rate as my 10 ATH char wearing ~7 body armor and significantly faster than the 5 ATH char wearing the same armor, while average armor is around ~12 weight.

With 5 athl and around 30 weight i feel i move just slightly slower than the average person.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2015, 09:47:46 pm »
+1
(When Im playing),Im playing almost every class,also cav.
And I dont think its OP,by far not.
A courser dies from 3-5 arrows in the ass,a warhorse by almost the same amount.Every little spear can rear every horse,at every angle.One stab almost kills every horse(if you get the speedbonus because the cav was charging at you,otherwise it will take about 1/2,still too much IMO).

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2015, 10:05:22 pm »
+2
I am only on my phone and haven't read much yet. Plate armor will be less accessible, but heavier armor will have better body, head, and legs. The 18 weight armor would go up to 20 weight with slightly better stats than current 20 weight armor. Heavy helmets and legs would also get more armor for a small weight increase.

Doesn't have to be fully balanced, just not too aggravating to get killed and be fun to use. I just like being able to identify builds from gear and elite equipment that only a few people use. Gothic plate with bevor would be over 80 or so at everything.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:09:00 pm by San »

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2015, 11:25:32 pm »
And your interpretation of my thought process when i nudge people was relevant?

It was, because it showcases your understanding of melee mechanics. You just know someone is bad when they think that nudging is like a second kick or something.

Your suggestions get downvoted like crazy because they're retarded 2h hero bullshit, the only upvotes in your last thread were on the 2nd post where Panos rinsed the fuck out of your stupidly biased suggestion.

Nice argumentum ad populum. Still doesn't change anything of what I have said. How was it biased anyway? That was a perfectly reasonable and elaborated suggestion.
I also happen to have a char for every melee clas fyi.

I'd say your post history is directly relevant if you're claiming to be more credible than me. Dont get me wrong, i'm not saying i'm credible, but you're an outright joke.

Credible on what? Melee mechanics? You bet I am. No one would seriously deny me that. Except for maybe GTX and you but that's only because I've apparently made you so mad already you just won't admit to anything I state or suggest out of sheer spite. Are you sure it's me being miserable?

Now, do you have any more nuggets of wisdom to share or are you going to allow this thread to be about patch input again?

You're the one derailing threads on a constant basis because you're still ass-blasted about my suggestion to remove ballistas and you just can't seem to shut up about it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:21:38 am by wayyyyyne »

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2015, 12:15:12 am »
+2
I am only on my phone and haven't read much yet. Plate armor will be less accessible, but heavier armor will have better body, head, and legs. The 18 weight armor would go up to 20 weight with slightly better stats than current 20 weight armor. Heavy helmets and legs would also get more armor for a small weight increase.

Doesn't have to be fully balanced, just not too aggravating to get killed and be fun to use. I just like being able to identify builds from gear and elite equipment that only a few people use. Gothic plate with bevor would be over 80 or so at everything.

So far ill ive seen, is that this patch will fix nothing, and likely fuck up more things, all the problems...and you focus on armor weight? WHY? wtf does that matter? Those not wearing full plate will prob stay the same...and those wearing plate will...likely get fucked over. again.
So many armor choices...and so few reason to take the "best" armor available.

Though, when you look at items by their price shits ridiculous, some of thee cheapest weapons out there are twice as effective as the most expensive shit.

You got a LOT of problems to discuss here...why the fuck arnt we talking about fixing the current problems?

Does anyone here actually give a fuck if armor weight is tweaked?

"I just like being able to identify builds from gear and elite equipment that only a few people use."

Name me one fucking NA player, JUST ONE, that wears full plate 24\7, ie Gothic and up...just one fucking player that wears it 24\7.

elite equipment that only a few people use...fuck you mean a few? theres only me every other full plate pal of mine got sick of it.

im on EU alot too, i dont see any plate folks, certainly not gothic and up, and certainly not wearing 24\7.

Revert the lvls, Revert Tydeouche WPF' bullshit, fix the lag...those should be the things we should talk about.

change loom rates and armor weights? Leave it to crpg to get worse with every patch.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2015, 12:21:52 am »
+2
Hey my armor has plates in it!

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2015, 02:09:02 am »
I'm the one derailing this thread eh?

You are, you moron. I'm aswell but you started it. My remark on why people shouldn't be listening to you when it comes to balance was a legit as your bitching about builds you don't like.

Who exactly came into this thread with off-topic beef they decided to try and settle here?

Boy, that sure is rich coming from someone to throw a ballista-tantrum in every thread I've contributed to ever since I opened that thread.

If you have nothing patch-related to say

I do
(click to show/hide)
(I haven't received an answer yet, but what can you do?) and you should know that, having down voted it already like the autistic manchild you are because you think I actually care (you, on the other hand really do seem to care, simply judging from the amount of times you've been gloating over my ballista suggestion getting down voted)

You mentioned a vote or something, well this forum has a genius little feature called a 'Poll' that you can place on a thread of your own creation, i'm sure you can use that to try and prove whatever point it is that you came here looking to prove.

I just came here to a) receive an answer to my question b) warn people about taking balance advice from you. There's no point I'm trying to prove and everything I've said so far that isn't a or b is just me calling you out on your bullshit.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 02:15:51 am by wayyyyyne »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2015, 02:23:37 am »
+2
So far ill ive seen, is that this patch will fix nothing, and likely fuck up more things, all the problems...and you focus on armor weight? WHY? wtf does that matter? Those not wearing full plate will prob stay the same...and those wearing plate will...likely get fucked over. again.
So many armor choices...and so few reason to take the "best" armor available.

Though, when you look at items by their price shits ridiculous, some of thee cheapest weapons out there are twice as effective as the most expensive shit.

You got a LOT of problems to discuss here...why the fuck arnt we talking about fixing the current problems?

Does anyone here actually give a fuck if armor weight is tweaked?

"I just like being able to identify builds from gear and elite equipment that only a few people use."

Name me one fucking NA player, JUST ONE, that wears full plate 24\7, ie Gothic and up...just one fucking player that wears it 24\7.

elite equipment that only a few people use...fuck you mean a few? theres only me every other full plate pal of mine got sick of it.

im on EU alot too, i dont see any plate folks, certainly not gothic and up, and certainly not wearing 24\7.

Revert the lvls, Revert Tydeouche WPF' bullshit, fix the lag...those should be the things we should talk about.

change loom rates and armor weights? Leave it to crpg to get worse with every patch.

You havent seen plate on eu1? Tyrannosaurus is using full plate, Baliff is using full plate, im full plate, i think kulin has been full plate for a while. Theres probably more.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2015, 03:35:35 am »
Hey my armor has plates in it!

Name me one fucking NA player, JUST ONE, that wears full plate 24\7, ie Gothic and up...just one fucking player that wears it 24\7

and gravoth. no. i havent.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE