Author Topic: Dear game balance team~~~ALL PLASE COME IN~~~~~~~  (Read 6684 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: Dear game balance team~~~ALL PLASE COME IN~~~~~~~
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2014, 06:02:37 am »
+3
Saw a Shanghai Brave thread, fucking had to come read.

Two little things:

1/ I will be interested to see if anyone from China bought MBG, since with their copyright laws, they would probably have the game debugged and re-released in under a month from actual release.

2/ Chinese playerbase who are forumactive need to do more to represent: get more of their guys onto the forum, who cares if their english is bad, we have been dealing with psycopath Russ and Yanks for years and we can mostly decipher what they mean, and it's not like google translate doesn't work in China. Then they can express their opinions. Because we all know and love it when Shanghai Brave comes in to tell us about the genetic makeup of horses (And here I thought they were chickens for all these years!), they are just one person, and I doubt they take a poll of the opinions of everyone in CHN before they come and post here.

Also, incline the fucking head and listen you ignorant cunts, fucking horses are neither monkeys nor chickens, you fucking got that?
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2014, 11:26:15 am »
+1
Feng Cheng Cheng is a god of crpg, he cannot be beaten. If he could play on other servers with even 100 ping i think everyone would GTX, best melee and ranged crpg player in the world.

Saddens me that other players in EU and NA have never seen him in action or fought him, yet they still consider themselves 'good' at the game. If only they knew true power

That one killing spree of him I will never forget.

That day it was when I had a new idol I looked up at.

It is a shame he never plays on EU or NA. He is an unsung hero.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2014, 03:18:32 pm »
+5
We really need a chinese player in the balance team.

buff unarmed combat ..

.. just sayin' .. ( :D )
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2014, 03:20:54 pm »
Chinese meta is rather different from both EU and NA which makes their perception of balance very different, even more so than the already noticable differences between EU and NA. To be honest I'd dare to explain their different perception of balance even from a very different mentality towards life itself. EU and NA players largely come from very individualistic western cultures, whereas in Chinese culture the well-being of the group is much more prominent. From what I have seen from the Chinese servers and from what I read in the OP, I can sense a greater love for being a part of a bigger machine, making the clan or team win.
Shanghai is right that this is not the approach that has been taken by the balance team. The balance team tries to make individuals more able to have a chance against everyone, so you can do well in many situations by smart and skillfull play. What Shanghai wants is rock-paper-scissor balance, where the team versus team is properly balanced, but where an individual player can get hard-countered and properly fucked by his counters.
This for example. I think this wouldn't be very fun or interesting, because the only thing you can do is hope that you are lucky enough to not be the one that rides into a spear. It makes your ability or decisions largely irrelevant. It's like linebattles in Napoleonic Wars, utterly boring and random from an individual perspective.

Apart from me preferring the individualistic approach, I do not understand how Shanghai envisions a more team based balance to work. Are all the Chinese players always on voice communication doing tactics with eachother during play on public servers? In EU and NA the teams as a whole cannot effectively communicate so a team based balance is very bad, because players cannot coordinate cav charges, shieldwalls, or shooting horse-archers. Everybody does what he likes best, therefore individually based balance fits much better.
Also, I do indeed think that this is a game and not history. Balancing to historical strengths is terrible because the game is very different from real battle in countless of very important ways, one of them being that this game should be fun for everyone.

dude, this is the first time i've seen you go full retard.
you've come pretty close before, but this is the biscuit.

chinese prefer team-based meta game because communism. lol'd.

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2014, 03:56:15 pm »
Not only communism, but also because of Taoism, which is much less individualistic than Christianity which formed Western society.

You don't think Western society is more individualistically oriented as a whole than Chinese society?

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2014, 04:10:51 pm »
Not only communism, but also because of Taoism, which is much less individualistic than Christianity which formed Western society.

You don't think Western society is more individualistically oriented as a whole than Chinese society?

Chinese Culture Only Culture now back to work!
I don't know enough

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2014, 04:34:49 pm »
+1

Corsair does not speak to racists!
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2014, 06:07:58 pm »

considering neither of us have ever lived in china, and that neither of us have probably had a decent conversation with a chinese person, i think those kind of assumptions are pretty baseless lol

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2014, 08:17:30 pm »
Well, it is not entirely about China being expectionally unindividualistic, but also about western society being exceptionally individualistic compared to everything I know from pretty much any other culture. Aside from that I have done a minor about Modern China at my university and I have a Chinese roommate, which together with the aforementioned exceptional individuality of western society makes me feel pretty comfortable with the statement I made. lol.

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2014, 09:04:32 pm »
+2
Eastern society as a whole, pretty much the near east to the far east, have societies where it is the norm to sacrifice many personal freedoms for the good of the group. This is the reason why communism never really took over in the west, because our society favors( or it id) individual choice and the presumption that a person should be able to control their own future.
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2014, 09:15:02 pm »
+4
Well, it is not entirely about China being expectionally unindividualistic, but also about western society being exceptionally individualistic compared to everything I know from pretty much any other culture. Aside from that I have done a minor about Modern China at my university and I have a Chinese roommate, which together with the aforementioned exceptional individuality of western society makes me feel pretty comfortable with the statement I made. lol.

i ate noodles once

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2014, 12:08:26 am »
Eastern society as a whole, pretty much the near east to the far east, have societies where it is the norm to sacrifice many personal freedoms for the good of the group. This is the reason why communism never really took over in the west, because our society favors( or it id) individual choice and the presumption that a person should be able to control their own future.

cup, your intelligence is showing. Hide your shame.
(click to show/hide)

Offline 22nd_Earl_NoscopeGabe

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: FriedChickenWatermelown,22nd_OriginalGangstah_Gabe
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2014, 01:00:02 am »
Fried chicken, mang!
I'll pimp slap you till you love me fool!                                                                                                              

ps: It's all about that Fried Chicken son.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2014, 01:10:02 am »
+1

If your western values have made you so individualistic, why are you talking about 1.4 billion individuals like they are all the same?
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2014, 01:15:22 am »

i read shit like this and i begin to really wish america would institute a draft again just so people like cup can be ironically sent to die
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.