Author Topic: Dear game balance team~~~ALL PLASE COME IN~~~~~~~  (Read 6388 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Dear game balance team~~~ALL PLASE COME IN~~~~~~~
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2014, 11:57:17 am »
+1
Dying / killing in fewer hits doesn't make it more skillful. The longer the fight goes on the easier it is to tell the difference in skill levels between players, and allows players to adapt to what the other player is doing. If someone spams they might get a lucky hit in and kill in 1 hit, but if the lucky spam hit only does 1/3 damage then it won't factor so much. Do you think cRPG became more skillful in the last patch now that everyone has so much agi and high PS? Just seems like everyone tries to spam each other to me
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2014, 11:59:53 am »
Got killed by two hits with a katana a few seconds ago, 46 body armor, 18 str + 6 if. What kind of bullshit is it ?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1025
  • Infamy: 236
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2014, 12:09:02 pm »
Got killed by two hits with a katana a few seconds ago, 46 body armor, 18 str + 6 if. What kind of bullshit is it ?

46 body armor isn't much.

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2014, 04:03:30 pm »
That's my main point, in native everyone has the same build and access to the same weapons, anyone can kill anyone. Back then 'spam' was actually a tactic, because only really good timing and footwork against a hesitant opponent made it possible. Crpg currently (and a bit in the past) re-defined 'spam' in warband, as a build and weapon choice that just allows you to attack twice before your opponent, with footwork perhaps playing a role but frequently not relevant with facehugging.

Dying in lots of hits doesnt make you skillful in crpg, it means you've picked a minmax build and gearset. I think of how careless some 'top' crpg players are in this mod and how many hits they take during their rampage, when you just know a sarranid short sword would hack them down in 2 hits in native.

Crpg is 'friendly mode' for people who want to learn how to block without worrying about ranged or dying in few hits, Native is 'lethality mode' where everything kills you really fast if you let it. Blocking is really the only transferable skill you can take from crpg to Native, since the crpg definition of spam and footwork dont work the moment you're stuck with the same build as everyone else.

(click to show/hide)

You're right heskey, but..
In native multiplayer - I play it when i die too much in crpg - I easily get to the top of the scoreboard with many times 60/15, and thats when you have a GS or a GLA in native. when you can block well and spaz, plus dodge arrows its a piece of cake in native, abuse 2h stabs by aiming up and down while face hugging and you get a kill, or just slash randomly. most 1-2 hits vs the most heavy armour.

we should duel sometime on The_Ludus :)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2014, 06:22:06 pm »
Come Wolfpack siege server some time, high pop and really cool maps. Defenders get sick advantages in defense, but limited lives (so they dont rambo outside the castle), check it out some time!

Not really a fan of high populated servers in native, i mostly play DM or TDM with around 15-40 people
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2014, 08:40:04 pm »
And that's what's so interesting, ranged is so much more powerful on native, and there are so so so many more ranged players, add to that the fact that a good chunk of infantry have some form of throwing. And yet, you can do really really well with a shieldless weapon on those servers. It's almost like without a community that thinks if they QQ enough the game will be changed, people actually learn to adapt and play *around* the classes that can kill them.

Shieldless weapons are pretty much useless when it comes to any form of organized battles though. Ranged is ridiculously strong in native when you're talking about the better players. Shieldless weapons might work on some public servers (and duel servers of course..), but anything more than that and they're limited at best.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2014, 02:09:14 am »
+1
Can't play Native anymore because dead bodies don't absorb hits and enemies can swing straight through eachother to kill you. Native is still a poorly designed piece of crap whatever way you spin it. cRPG shielder isn't a turtle class at all if you know what you are doing. With an aggressive style you can completely control engagements and win team fights because of smart usage of your shield. It's a very consistently fun and effective class.