Author Topic: Delaying/None flag capturing Cavs.  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Delaying/None flag capturing Cavs.
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2014, 03:17:41 am »
+6
The solution is simple, removed ranged cav.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2014, 05:19:48 am »
+8
(click to show/hide)

lol. If you played like you do in c-rpg in the schoolyard, no one would like to play with you. You're the HA here, and I think you are talking about yourself.

Between 50 and 100 people have to wait for you to "run out of arrows". Not bots, people. 30 seconds of amounts to almost an hour wasted of other peoples playtime. Not to mention the extra repairs they have to pay for. If you would actually try to win, you can play as long as you want without a kick, but when you plink in the outskirts because of valour, you just deserve a kick in the butt. And that is what I give you.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:23:32 am by Thomek »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2014, 09:44:34 am »
+2
horse archers are a great, super fun to play class, that is pretty weak except against light infantry and cavalry, honestly pretty well balanced.

you aren't mad at cav. its the battle game type that is shit and needs to be fixed. mandatory master of the field flags was a band aid fix to horse ranged dragging out rounds, but no matter what it can be boring as hell.

horse ranged is so fun to play, but if you outlive your teammates you don't really want to suicide into enemies to make all the crybabies on the server feel better, because you are in the Zone.

only way to fix this is a different gametype. I can 100 percent guarantee a vast, vast majority of cav players and other "high risk high reward" would naturally gravitate towards a gamemode with respawns and non-shit maps. Siege respawns but good battle mode maps. A "conquest" if u will?>
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2014, 11:45:48 am »
Andswaru it's just that enforcing such a rule would suck hard. I don't even dismount every time either but you can bet I'm circling around the flag area/ going away only to come back to it in a different angle (so I wouldn't be breaking the rule since I'm actually trying to win the round, even if against near impossible odds).

What makes this difficult is that it leaves so much room for different interpretations of the rule. It always leads to a bunch of unhappy campers "not knowing" why they were banned :D.

Can also just kick them if they are caught been valour farmers so all their farming was for naught.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2014, 01:05:52 pm »
+9
It must be feasible to code that players that lose the round through flags while they are still alive, are unable to get valour regardless of their score. Want valour, do a valorous attempt to win the round by charging the flags. Sure they will suicide at the end of the round, but that forces them to be reasonably close to other players at least. It seems pretty wrong that Atas and scum like him get rewarded with valour while they run, delay and pad their k/d by not having to die.

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2014, 06:11:11 pm »
+4
It must be feasible to code that players that lose the round through flags while they are still alive, are unable to get valour regardless of their score. Want valour, do a valorous attempt to win the round by charging the flags. Sure they will suicide at the end of the round, but that forces them to be reasonably close to other players at least. It seems pretty wrong that Atas and scum like him get rewarded with valour while they run, delay and pad their k/d by not having to die.

It is possible;
Have a global variable/reg server side for when won by flags.
Add a check in the valour code for: if won by flags and player alive and if on winning team or not.
If on the losing team, no valour.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 06:27:01 pm by Senni__Ti »

Offline bavvoz

• Earl
  • Renown: 323
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bavvo
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2014, 08:01:41 pm »
In other games ive many times seen the solution of autoslaying the survivors of the loosing team

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2014, 09:30:49 pm »
In other games ive many times seen the solution of autoslaying the survivors of the loosing team

Lol chocolate chip cookie?  Auto correct for "Not-see" chocolate chip cookie nawtzee

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2014, 01:30:19 am »

Suicide > Surviving, okay.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2014, 02:51:39 am »
+1
U can't ban or kick ppl for,playing their class. Nor can u ban them for a faulty gamemode.

Just:

1-replacing MotF with a different "catalyst":

When the round's about to finish, have a "backup call" initiated, that spawns 20 Bots/Team, which only attack Players, not other Bots. Thats when all players will most certainly die, however have the chance to get valor,or win the round even. Just like a dtv wave.

2-u can only gain score if you're close to teammates
3-perma x3 for everyone, x4 and x5 only gained by valor.
4-valor only achievable by saving/helping teammates or surviving the backupcall, not by damage dealt
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2014, 10:05:41 am »
Suicide > Surviving, okay.
It is in fact only suicide if you are delaying scum that tries to farm valour at the expense of everyone else and die to be eligible for valour, us normal people will see it as fighting for the objective till death or victory. Surviving while your team loses by flag is the least valorous thing you can do, why should you be eligible for receiving valour in that scenario?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 10:08:43 am by Teeth »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2014, 10:09:45 am »
+1
U can't ban or kick ppl for,playing their class. Nor can u ban them for a faulty gamemode.

Just:

When the round's about to finish, have a "backup call" initiated, that spawns 20 Bots/Team, which only attack Players, not other Bots. Thats when all players will most certainly die, however have the chance to get valor,or win the round even. Just like a dtv wave.

4-valor only achievable by saving/helping teammates or surviving the backupcall, not by damage dealt
1 - will make the rounds last even longer when the majority is dead and waiting
2 - this would include 90% of xbowers due to the class playstyle
3&4 - these are actually 1 single point, probably not possible to program properly, how should code be able to notice "helped team mates"?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2014, 10:20:28 am »
+3
How shudd i know. I'm a visionary, not a coder.  8-)
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2014, 11:57:18 am »

Just:

1- : Will advantage cavs even more, since they can definitely run around, they don't care that much about being swarmed. They can delay their own demise, and wait for the valiants footmen to die at the "flag". Very bad idea.

2- : There's already that sort of implementation, is there not ? And i'm afraid if you do it more drastically, it will just favor zergling over smart plays. I like, for instance, to stay behind with my thrower and fight the spawnraping cavs, taking advantage of the late spawner to get easy kills (scums). When i'm done (and not dead) i'll then go to fight, and, analysing the situation, may go hunt ranges from behind, since they're focusing the main melee group, or whatever. Score only with close teammates favors shielders, sticking together with no real threat to themselves, advancing together to the ennemies. They can even get proximity bonuses just by holding their shield near the fight... I don't want more of that.

3- : Why not. It will indeed reduce the difference between clan stacking, valor farmers and casuals.

4- : Yep, impossible to code that "helping/saving teammate". It's already pretty satisfying in itself when you save someone and he [T]hanks you. No need to add valor to that equation. We shouldn't fight to get valor in the first place, we should fight as best as we can, and be rewarded with valor if we did really well, against odds, and still died. This "died" is the key :
-if you didn't die, then you're either in the winning team, or a delayer.
-if you die, you can be in the winning team or the loosing team, it makes no difference. If you sacrifice yourself for the team, you deserve the valor.

And to all the "you favor suiciding instead of surviving" :
- This is a damn game already, where your death has absolutely no significance. Except a k/d scores, that only very few elitists care about.
- We give thoses guys the "choice" of either surviving (and probably boasting about their k/d to people who don't care), or suiciding (by trying to take out as many as he can), and earn the respect of the players.

I don't see where the problem is.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2014, 12:28:55 pm »
Could Admins please take this matter in hand, and start kicking cavs that are mearly trying to farm their "valour entiltment" as one of them put it this morning (which actually caused me to finally write this thread) instead of actually trying to capture the flags at the end of the round? Its quite sicking, no matter which side you are on, to watch them ride around farming points for self gain instead of trying to assist their team by actually winning the round.

shielders are ivented to survive on the battlefield.

the guys without shield are cannon fodder.
and they have only themselfs to blame here.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:42:07 pm by STR_aD_Sargon_eqv »