Author Topic: Delaying/None flag capturing Cavs.  (Read 4666 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Delaying/None flag capturing Cavs.
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 04:27:27 pm »
Probably because Thomek is the worst admin imaginable. If you look up the antonym of "Good Sense" in a dictionary, you'll find his name there. Sensible admins like Tenne rarely cause shitstorms, for a reason.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 04:39:18 pm »
+2
Play siege, noobs

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 04:45:54 pm »
In the Mod Mercenaries there's a rule for that, when a HA is last or a cav he has to dismount or fight with melee weapons otherwise it counts as delaying and also gets banned

and it's one of the absolute worst rules in mercenaries
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Protemus

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player
  • EZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan EZ kills
  • Game nicks: niluK_the_Annoying aka EZ
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 04:50:38 pm »
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Protemus, You have received a warning for non-relevant posts in ban section also for personal attacks with disgusting insults on the forums. Chill out and enjoy the game. Regards, cRPG Team

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 04:54:53 pm »
+1
You have the power to block my arrows with your shield, I have the power to shoot them
 Stalemate.

You have the power to raise the flag, I don't, gratz you win the x5, problem?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 05:05:05 pm »
Give me admin powers and I'll put up with the damn shitstorm in order to stop this "i need my valour i cant help the team behaviour". Afterall I have no soul.

@Prpavi, dont care about what class it is, its just much MORE predominate with cavs.  If your killing me at the flags with your arrows your doing a great job and continue doing it. However if your trying too farm valour at the expense of your teammates accross the map by tormenting 3 infantry guys instead of the one guy at the flag then your a valour whore and deserve punishment imo.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 05:11:46 pm »
+3
I don't agree with this thread
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 06:05:48 pm »
+6
This thread isn't about horse archers or xbows only - as some mentioned there are melee players and foot ranged that do this as well. Atas does this every single round and it drives me mad. First he avoids any type of combat where he can get killed, then he rides to the edge of map waits until he's the last one alive and starts dueling annoyed opponents with an unbreakable shield while 80 people sit and wait for him to die. Oh the joy I feel any time he gets ganked early in the round.

Imo one should be going for the flag after it spawns. If you're a HA, you can just go and pew pew the guys on the flag and that's fine. A bit boring, but you're still trying to win. However if you just go around the map farming valör off enemy cavalry, it's really lame. Getting valour as a HA is already way too easy. Melee cavalry should either dismount or charge. Standing and watching the flag go up shouldn't be allowed imo. All this should be fairly easy to admin if there's a clear rule.

Personally I don't care about my KDs that much and as an horse archer I will most of the time dismount and fight with my 0PS/0wpf/0ath build and a club. I'd do it more often if people didn't gank me immediately when I try to do that :rolleyes:

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 06:17:44 pm »
+4
Atas does this every single round and it drives me mad.

^This.

I dismounted a lot when I played as US Cav, but my old friendgets in tons of armour ganking a 7 str build with no athletics and a short falchion/nomad sabre made me stop doing it. Nowadays I'll just take more chances when left alone, going for the shoot-and-bump, which gets you one-hit if you miss.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 06:37:40 pm »
+4
When ranged start getting banned for the same reason, why not

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 07:43:01 pm »
^This.

I dismounted a lot when I played as US Cav, but my old friendgets in tons of armour ganking a 7 str build with no athletics and a short falchion/nomad sabre made me stop doing it. Nowadays I'll just take more chances when left alone, going for the shoot-and-bump, which gets you one-hit if you miss.

This is the correct attitude in my opinion. However from Gurnisson I expected nothing less.
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 09:48:29 pm »
+1
Andswaru it's just that enforcing such a rule would suck hard. I don't even dismount every time either but you can bet I'm circling around the flag area/ going away only to come back to it in a different angle (so I wouldn't be breaking the rule since I'm actually trying to win the round, even if against near impossible odds).

What makes this difficult is that it leaves so much room for different interpretations of the rule. It always leads to a bunch of unhappy campers "not knowing" why they were banned :D.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 10:06:33 pm »
+3
In the Mod Mercenaries there's a rule for that, when a HA is last or a cav he has to dismount or fight with melee weapons otherwise it counts as delaying and also gets banned

That mod is full of whiney little bitches anyway, my team mates were dueling the last enemy 1 by 1 in battle and they were all losing so I jumped in and all my team mates tried to TK me, they broke the rules because I wouldn't abide by their own made up rules because I didn't want to wait any longer and didn't want to give him the chance to win. After that I made a HA and absolutely fucking destroyed them and watched the chat fill up with butthurt rage. As soon as I would be the last one left they spammed chat like "GET OFF HORSE UR LAST LEFT STOP DELAYING" within 2 seconds, but when I got off my horse I still won most of the fights with my 1h sword against their elite spamming bundle of stickss with full plate and they raged even harder  :lol:.

I think they also added a feature where ranged weapons stop doing any damage after a certain point in the round, maybe when it's just you left or only a couole team mates, forcing any ranged player into melee, something like that anyway. Basically the mod bowed down to the melee only players.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 10:47:34 pm »
+2
It appears to me that this problem occurs more on the EU servers than NA. On the server NA 1 if there is one person left who is delaying a round the admin always tells them to go fight. I hardly ever see anyone purposefully delaying round and getting away with it.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 01:30:04 am »
+1
You have the power to block my arrows with your shield, I have the power to shoot them
 Stalemate.

You have the power to raise the flag, I don't, gratz you win the x5, problem?

Well your team have to wait till you get your valor or run out of arrows while it's impossible for you to win. That's the problem.