Author Topic: CRPG is indeed dying.  (Read 22042 times)

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
Re: CRPG is indeed dying.
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2015, 11:41:15 pm »
I would have liked to see cRPG to come out of the "Beta" phase before the devs started another project.
it would have never really gotten out of the beta-status, cause cRPG is (was?) a constant work-in-progess, and it´s still a better game than a big bunch of "full version"-games out there

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 11:44:34 pm by Ikarus »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 03, 2015, 09:34:53 am »
Its interesting looking back on this thread now with hindsight considering CRPG is now dead as dead can be, even though mount and blade Warband still has roughly the same playerbase as it did last year, http://steamcharts.com/app/48700 (link to steamcharts mount and blade warband player statistics)

So CRPGs death has nothing to do with warbands playerbase but everything to do with the problems i outlined in my original post of this thread.

I hope the devs really take a step back and learn from this experience. Otherwise the same flawed game philosophy will destroy their upcoming project MELEE BATTLEGROUNDS just as it destroyed CRPG.

i want my pledge money back chadz

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #212 on: December 06, 2015, 09:29:13 pm »
+2
"You have won the auction #10589 with the highest bid of 2 gold. The exclusive banner was assigned to your clan. The remainder of your deposit was transferred to you."
Mоd is Dead

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #213 on: December 06, 2015, 09:46:37 pm »
+1
"You have won the auction #10589 with the highest bid of 2 gold. The exclusive banner was assigned to your clan. The remainder of your deposit was transferred to you."
Mоd is Dead
you've always been able to do this. I got my first banner 2 years ago for 4 gold

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2015, 03:14:58 pm »
+14
Reason I stopped playing crpg:

Players who troll for fun, i.e Krems. And they are tolerated and sometimes even encouraged by admins.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2015, 03:22:44 pm »
+4
The mod's deceased because nobody plays it.

Nobody plays the mod because it is deceased.

And thusly, the cycle continues.

(click to show/hide)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey nigga your lance is 10 meter long or something
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Kievan Rus
  • Game nicks: Zvonimir_of_Rus
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2015, 03:28:32 pm »
+1
Forum activity =/= Game activity

A lot of people don't go to the forums. And that's understandable since there's barely anything interesting here. Most people play the game and don't make threads..
I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2015, 06:37:07 pm »
+4
Reason I stopped playing crpg:

Players who troll for fun, i.e Krems. And they are tolerated and sometimes even encouraged by admins.

THIS^^^

you think krems are bad take a visit to na...its horrible, and your picture is soo spot on  perfect at describing the problem.

"you're the kind of person who hates anything that isn't either a 2h, cav, polearm, archer or xbow"- some retard

you are DAMN FUCKING RIGHT

na is such a mess, most players currently active DO NOT come to play the actual game and have fun with others, most come to ruin others fun, or to simply strike up another conversation about dicks, seriously, dicks is all na talks about, you could not find a people more obsessed with homosexuality then NA players, a place that can only truly be described as "rampant with autism"

only when kutt is on does it feel like a medieval game, no delays, no bullshit, people actually playing objectivly, nice quick rnds where to side run into each outher and duke it out.

the huge problem is the community itself, even with kutt there, its not enough, they dont really have any mature competition, so the only time kutt players are ever on a x1 is rnd 2 of a new map, acre is the only other stack that can still stand the game, and they dont really stand a chance

so either come and be super frustrated chasing all the kiting thrower trolls...or run with kutt and kill the server. it doesnt take long, usually a few maps of constant x1 is enough to make players leave.

this has always been a game where your fun comes at the expense of others, we all understood and put up with it b4.

now the mod is a mess. a mixture of gameplay imbalances, shitty community, lack of strat and server problems.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2015, 08:58:22 pm »
THIS^^^

you think krems are bad take a visit to na...its horrible, and your picture is soo spot on  perfect at describing the problem.

"you're the kind of person who hates anything that isn't either a 2h, cav, polearm, archer or xbow"- some retard

na is such a mess, most players currently active DO NOT come to play the actual game and have fun with others, most come to ruin others fun, or to simply strike up another conversation about dicks, seriously, dicks is all na talks about, you could not find a people more obsessed with homosexuality then NA players, a place that can only truly be described as "rampant with autism"

only when kutt is on does it feel like a medieval game, no delays, no bullshit, people actually playing objectivly, nice quick rnds where to side run into each outher and duke it out.

the huge problem is the community itself, even with kutt there, its not enough, they dont really have any mature competition, so the only time kutt players are ever on a x1 is rnd 2 of a new map, acre is the only other stack that can still stand the game, and they dont really stand a chance

so either come and be super frustrated chasing all the kiting thrower trolls...or run with kutt and kill the server. it doesnt take long, usually a few maps of constant x1 is enough to make players leave.

this has always been a game where your fun comes at the expense of others, we all understood and put up with it b4.

now the mod is a mess. a mixture of gameplay imbalances, shitty community, lack of strat and server problems.

Even with the KUTT stack on I'm still usually at a x5, they aren't gods lol. Whenever I'm on theres almost never any "troll" guys on really. I havent seen a lot of rock throwers. However yeah there is usually one or two xbow men who will just run away until you give up and stop chasing then and then proceed to reload and shoot at you. Makes me consider switching back to crossbow myself just to fuckin shoot them lol.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Zeus_

• The Best Caboose
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 447
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: Zeus
  • IRC nick: Zeus?
« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2015, 09:02:27 pm »
+6
THIS^^^

I am the 1 man HoC stack

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2015, 09:24:49 pm »
Even with the KUTT stack on I'm still usually at a x5, they aren't gods lol. Whenever I'm on theres almost never any "troll" guys on really. I havent seen a lot of rock throwers. However yeah there is usually one or two xbow men who will just run away until you give up and stop chasing then and then proceed to reload and shoot at you. Makes me consider switching back to crossbow myself just to fuckin shoot them lol.
He is just mad that he can't chase a rock thrower down and murder him in full plate. I'm surprised he doesn't ride a plated charger as well, he at least could probably catch one with it.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2015, 12:44:58 pm »
+5
Well I stopped cause there started to be some obvious and massive macro abooz and nobody gave a shit about it.
Which made melee fighting really uninteresting (and I was playing xbow). It was the same as in other games: As soon as people with scripts/programs/macros weren´t taken care of anymore, you knew that the game was already fully neglected.

StoneSteel +1. I mean it´s sometimes fun when clans go out to make a troll event, but people not helping the team and fooling around on a regular basis is also annoying. (except Fuma, you can´t hate Fuma  :D)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:49:40 pm by Ikarus »

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2015, 04:40:29 pm »
+4
Stoned is right -- people "kite" (re: run all over the map to avoid combat at all costs) way too much.  Also, bro-coding -- like not fighting the other team, delaying rounds, farting around.  It used to be a medieval fight slaughter game.  Now it's like a retired gentleman's club, complete with rock throwing contests, kite racing, and shuffleboard.

Just the other day, it was the worst.  There were a few old time players on NA1.  Like REALLY good players.  McGriff I think his name is?  Is one of them.  He is a god.  He's slaughtering people like they are nothing.  He's going 20:1 easily.  Dude has a lightsaber.  I don't stand a chance, but I'm not afraid.  Strategy can win out in the end.  I find a way to single him out from his team and get him surrounded by several of my teammates.  Now we finally have a chance to gang up on him 3 to 1 and MAYBE be able to kill him and get off this 1x.  Right?

Nope.  Everyone hangs back while I fight him alone.  I'm spamming [QQQ] "Help me!".  [QAA] "Attack!" They stare like farm animals.  He ends up killing everyone.  1x again.

I mean, that was just one anecdote, but it's a symptom of a larger syndrome.

All I can say is thank God for the flags.  They are the only thing that can save the game some times....and even still people call them feg flags.

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey nigga your lance is 10 meter long or something
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Kievan Rus
  • Game nicks: Zvonimir_of_Rus
« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2015, 05:15:26 pm »
+2
It used to be a medieval fight slaughter game.  Now it's like a retired gentleman's club, complete with rock throwing contests, kite racing, and shuffleboard.

It is 100% the same on EU. Krems has the belif that they are reviving the game and actually helping it, while they are only doing this. In fact it's not even Krems now, it's also all the other unclanned and clanned people that do this. Delay rounds, and dick around for the sheer reason to keep 20 people waiting in spectator mode. On a GOOD day I get x3 for 30 minutes.

These people think they are incredibly funny and hilarious but in reality they just look like 15 year olds with ADHD that have nothing better to do.
I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2015, 07:01:32 pm »
+2
Krems kill the mod. Give them run!