Author Topic: CRPG is indeed dying.  (Read 22030 times)

Offline Enver

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
CRPG is indeed dying.
« on: July 27, 2014, 07:20:40 pm »

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: CRPG is indeed dying.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 07:21:44 pm »
+48
For a thread like this, a ban would be appropriate.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 07:23:34 pm »
+15
Good post, actually.

Offline Lord_Bernie_of_Voodoo

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove Great Lances 2015
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Bernie
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 07:50:21 pm »
+7
I agree with most of your points. I've thought that the level cap should be 33 for a while now and that plate should have higher strength requirements.

Offline Mammonist

• Earl
  • Renown: 426
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Centi
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 08:07:18 pm »
+56
5 reasons to quit crpg:

(click to show/hide)

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 08:12:29 pm »
+28
The reason of reduced amount of topics on forums is that people learned how to use the forum and stopped making retarded threads every second.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 08:14:50 pm »
+15
Nerf ranged
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 08:29:13 pm »
+7
This just means people are running out of stuff to cry about.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 08:35:06 pm »
+6
A lot of people never read the forums or post, even long-term players.

Also, full plate negates most of a high athletics skill. I have 7 ath and when I wear "light" (60 armor) plate sets I move at about the same speed as strength builds with 5 or less athletics.

Anyway, how does any of the problems you listed have anything to do with number of forum posts...?

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 08:48:09 pm »
+5

Some
reasons its dying                                                                          Solution
---------------------                                                                          ----------------------
- Skill level is too high, new players can't compete                      - This is Crpg's biggest problem, no immediate fix apart from player matchmaking
- Too grindy, takes over 500 hours from level 1 to 36        - Kill the grind, make it take only 100 hours from level 1 to 36
- Xp Multiplier is ineffective and frustrates players             - Reform the experience system and base it on player contribution
- maps and map rotation are appalling                                         - Offer in game gold to map makers who make good maps
- Offensive, homophobic community scare off new players - Start banning people for calling other players "chinks","my old friends" etc
- High athletic characters in full plate running
around the map like the flash kills realism and its silly 
       - Cap on athletics, (id like the speed of players in general to be closer to native)                                                                             
- and finally, the game is getting old                                - All Games get old, nothing to be done here. People will naturally leave over time

Too grindy, probably. Allthough this appeals to some people like me, it doesnt to the casual audience. But at the same time i doubt it would change much even if newer players got to higher levels quicker because they will still be shit at the game as a start.

The multiplier system should be changed into something better, prefferably something that feels more rewarding but then it would probably benefit experienced players more..

As for the offensive people spouting bullshit in the servers, i doubt it affects many people and there is a mute button easily available. Banning people would kill the game faster than it would make it grow.

I doubt people leave the game because of lack of realism, and if thats the case then fine because it really wont ever get much realism. Balance and variety in builds are way more fun than realism anyways. Agi plate may be an NA thing, i have atleast not noticed them on EU. And capping athletics would be incredibly stupid and would remove a massive part in character creation.

And then ofcourse it's the games age, which is the main reason. People leave and come back all the time but us veterans will probably never really quit. At this stage its really hard to make this game appeal more to a new player because of average skill already being pretty high. I dont see anything that could be done to fix this without taking away from veterans.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 08:56:19 pm »
+12
Homophobic and offensive community? The only people we truly shun in this community is utter retards and if little offences and jokes at the expense of homosexuals is too much for some people, than I quess they werent real internetgamermaterial anyway.

Tbh the only reason I find why the mod is really dying is cause theres no influx of new players and theres nothing else but the first gen peasantstage mountain to blame for that. The grind from 1-31 is an absolute chore to do for the first time and other times its still annoying, but slightly less. Its basically what scares off im quessing atleast 80% of people who try the mod at first. We can say things like "its gonna get easier", but they are just not having fun with it and hitting the road before even hitting lvl 21 for the first time. The peasantstage is bullshit. First geners should get some serius bonuses or I dunno something to make the first gen grind easier.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:01:27 pm by Tibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 09:12:44 pm »
+8
Homophobic and offensive community? The only people we truly shun in this community is utter retards and if little offences and jokes at the expense of homosexuals is too much for some people, than I quess they werent real internetgamermaterial anyway.

Tbh the only reason I find why the mod is really dying is cause theres no influx of new players and theres nothing else but the first gen peasantstage mountain to blame for that. The grind from 1-31 is an absolute chore to do for the first time and other times its still annoying, but slightly less. Its basically what scares off im quessing atleast 80% of people who try the mod at first. We can say things like "its gonna get easier", but they are just not having fun with it and hitting the road before even hitting lvl 21 for the first time. The peasantstage is bullshit. First geners should get some serius bonuses or I dunno something to make the first gen grind easier.
Shut up my old friend
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 09:20:23 pm »
+5
Get rid of the current multiplier system, replace it with something fair for everybody and there will be no more grinding problems or auto-balance problems.

The biggest problem for new players is that they spend the majority of their first generation without any multiplier, which is just god awful. 

R.I.P XP barn

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 09:27:27 pm »
+11