Author Topic: CRPG is indeed dying.  (Read 21957 times)

Offline saccizord

• Baron
  • Renown: 120
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: VeraCruz
  • Game nicks: saccizord
Re: CRPG is indeed dying.
« Reply #225 on: December 08, 2015, 07:18:56 pm »
How come someone is not tryharding 100% of the time! NO FUN ALLOWED!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #226 on: December 08, 2015, 08:30:20 pm »
+10

I think I get it now...I finally understand the other side.

Someone like me (and many other players like me) basically does try hard all the time.  I've got like an hour to play in the evening.  I get the kids to bed, let the dog out, etc, mix my evening drink (or whatever) and settle down for my little island of time.  It's kind of like getting prepared for a football match.  I get my shorts on, stretch the legs, and head out to the field to kick ass for my small time in the spotlight.  I "get my head in the game".  I give it 100% and play to win.  It's competition, like a sport for me.  It's immensely fun.

Then there are these hobos that live on the football field...unshaven, half naked vagrants, bored out of their minds.  All they are trying to do is smack the ball around with their cock for a while until they get off -- and when someone complains they are ruining the game they shout back "it's just a game mate, this is how I play!  You are trying too hard, just rub your dick on it a while.  Come on, man.  See how it feeeels."

Well that is good and fine.  It's even funny sometimes -- but remember that some people don't have the luxury of such a lifestyle choice.  There are people spectating waiting to play while you rub your rocks on the ol' rolly polly.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:41:05 pm by Penitent »

Offline saccizord

• Baron
  • Renown: 120
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: VeraCruz
  • Game nicks: saccizord
« Reply #227 on: December 08, 2015, 09:32:52 pm »
I'm not defending delayers, I'm just not throwing rocks at them and blaming them for the server death.

At least in the server I play the unbalance of teams is what makes most people leave the servers, not delayers (which are rare)

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #228 on: December 08, 2015, 09:35:35 pm »
+1
Stoned is right -- people "kite" (re: run all over the map to avoid combat at all costs) way too much.  Also, bro-coding -- like not fighting the other team, delaying rounds, farting around.  It used to be a medieval fight slaughter game.  Now it's like a retired gentleman's club, complete with rock throwing contests, kite racing, and shuffleboard.

Just the other day, it was the worst.  There were a few old time players on NA1.  Like REALLY good players.  McGriff I think his name is?  Is one of them.  He is a god.  He's slaughtering people like they are nothing.  He's going 20:1 easily.  Dude has a lightsaber.  I don't stand a chance, but I'm not afraid.  Strategy can win out in the end.  I find a way to single him out from his team and get him surrounded by several of my teammates.  Now we finally have a chance to gang up on him 3 to 1 and MAYBE be able to kill him and get off this 1x.  Right?

Nope.  Everyone hangs back while I fight him alone.  I'm spamming [QQQ] "Help me!".  [QAA] "Attack!" They stare like farm animals.  He ends up killing everyone.  1x again.

I mean, that was just one anecdote, but it's a symptom of a larger syndrome.

All I can say is thank God for the flags.  They are the only thing that can save the game some times....and even still people call them feg flags.

I'm like 95% sure McGriff is firebus but yeah its insanely annoying when people dont help you gank good players. I always find myself annoyed when the KUTT stack rolls up on my and I charge in there just to realize that my entire team ran away

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey nigga your lance is 10 meter long or something
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Kievan Rus
  • Game nicks: Zvonimir_of_Rus
« Reply #229 on: December 08, 2015, 11:35:25 pm »
+3

Wanting to keep any sense of ethics and sportsmanship is not being a tryhard. I am far from a tryhard, in fact I don't try. I block only if I'm lucky and I die often, my only blessing is the +3 axe I have. But I'm tired of useless teammates wearing lederhosen and going around throwing rocks at the enemy, only to be one hit by a peasant that is serious about that x5.

Dude, this is an RPG online game, and you're expected to act somewhat decently not go around throwing fucking rocks at people and being absolutely useless. Spamming commands, kicking archers/nudging archers and general griefing. The e-peen brocoding and duels and going back to x1 every 10 minutes is really becoming too much.

I invited a friend to cRPG and he quit because of people like Krems. We're tired of having 5 of them on our team being absolutely useless, delaying and spamming all day long.
I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline BlackPanda

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • USA
  • Game nicks: BlackPanda \ blubbernugget
  • IRC nick: BlackPanda
« Reply #230 on: December 09, 2015, 01:13:17 am »
+1
I hardly play anymore cause of rock throwers that can do 2-3 bars with 9 if while i have plate on. STR builds cant keep up with all the hip and cool agi kids nor that of any one that has 24+ agi tbh. Buff strength 2 cool kid status plz.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #231 on: December 09, 2015, 01:25:32 am »
Reason I stopped playing crpg:

Players who troll for fun, i.e Krems. And they are tolerated and sometimes even encouraged by admins.
Oh, hi Maderyn, didn't realise you were still here :D

No but really, I play a lot more for the team now instead of fucking around 24/7. Still the same wacky builds and shit, but I don't run off and build bases in the middle of nowhere. I get it, you guys just want to play too, and me doing stuff outside that realm is fucking you over just for myself.
I can't speak for anyone other than me, because I can't control the other kremsies but I've made the change whilst still having fun.
-Ladoea

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1038
  • Infamy: 2166
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 09, 2015, 01:41:04 am »
Who's more stupid, person playing video games wasting precious time or person playing video games in certain way making fun of people who play video games "seriously"?

Obviously the latter isn't wasting his precious time but doing good deed showing former how to have fun and not be pathetic loser playing video games. That's what griefers, hackers and other subsets of players who aren't following game rules think they are doing.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #233 on: December 09, 2015, 04:36:52 am »
+1

I'm like 95% sure McGriff is firebus but yeah its insanely annoying when people dont help you gank good players. I always find myself annoyed when the KUTT stack rolls up on my and I charge in there just to realize that my entire team ran away

I haven't been on in a while, but iirc his full name was mcgriff_of_bird, or something similar, right? Firebus was brd, not bird. However, cyranule was a part of bird, and has the same face/mustache/outfit as mcgriff. Therefore, id put my money on cyranule being mcgriff. People think he quit long ago but he's definitely been around on several alts (one of which was the_mustache, or the_stache... maybe?), it doesn't even take admin abuse to spot him since he's always got a hbs and heraldic tunic over mail (the dude only really plays one class).

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 09, 2015, 03:35:39 pm »
I haven't been on in a while, but iirc his full name was mcgriff_of_bird, or something similar, right? Firebus was brd, not bird. However, cyranule was a part of bird, and has the same face/mustache/outfit as mcgriff. Therefore, id put my money on cyranule being mcgriff. People think he quit long ago but he's definitely been around on several alts (one of which was the_mustache, or the_stache... maybe?), it doesn't even take admin abuse to spot him since he's always got a hbs and heraldic tunic over mail (the dude only really plays one class).

Yes!  I could have sworn it was Cyranule -- I can recognize the playstyle.  Impeccable hilt-slashing and footwork...the most graceful side to side swinging motion that breaks almost any defense.  I mentioned this in game, and someone said no.  I don't know if they knew any better though.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 09, 2015, 03:57:21 pm »
+1
Then there are these hobos that live on the football field...unshaven, half naked vagrants, bored out of their minds.  All they are trying to do is smack the ball around with their cock for a while until they get off -- and when someone complains they are ruining the game they shout back "it's just a game mate, this is how I play!  You are trying too hard, just rub your dick on it a while.  Come on, man.  See how it feeeels."

Someone needs to make a cRPG drawing of that.

Also, that post made me want to play seriously again... +1

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 09, 2015, 04:19:51 pm »
+11
Someone needs to make a cRPG drawing of that.

I can't believe I am doing this at work.  But I must make my vision real.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #237 on: December 09, 2015, 07:27:38 pm »
+1
I can't believe I am doing this at work.  But I must make my vision real.

(click to show/hide)

Easy solution, kick him in the nuts. You just make sure that your foot "only makes contact with the ball" and no ref can call you out on it.

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #238 on: December 09, 2015, 08:59:32 pm »
Yes!  I could have sworn it was Cyranule -- I can recognize the playstyle.  Impeccable hilt-slashing and footwork...the most graceful side to side swinging motion that breaks almost any defense.  I mentioned this in game, and someone said no.  I don't know if they knew any better though.

Snuffy was saying its Matey but since when could Matey feint like that?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #239 on: December 17, 2015, 12:44:29 pm »
+17
you think krems are bad take a visit to na...its horrible, and your picture is soo spot on  perfect at describing the problem.

When I still played I visited NA regularly, I'm sure a few NA players must still remember me, I did relatively well there considering the ping. And a few must also remember my endless diatribes aimed at these worthless cunt assholes who play, in their words, for "fun", i.e anything but what the game is designed to be played as. There's a thread about Phoenician or whatever being banned in the first page right now where these useless fucks have the nerve to show up and shit all over the actual players still carrying this dead gay ass mod, completely oblivious that the idiots playing for "fun" are the ones killing what little life there is left in it. I played for years, simply because the mechanics and gameplay of warband and crpg in particular are unique and can't be found anywhere else, but the fucking cancer that is these autists is what finally drove me away. They really think their "hilarious" antics are fun for everyone on the server, and not just the other mongolic substandard IQ drunks and stoners giggling to each other over TS about how craaaaazy and funny they are. cRPG might have died naturally, of old age, just the end of it's cycle, but if anything hastened that end it was these cunts and the tolerance/encouragement admins showed to them. Especially in NA, admins and these people are often one and the same.