Author Topic: CRPG is indeed dying.  (Read 21537 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: CRPG is indeed dying.
« Reply #240 on: December 17, 2015, 01:10:02 pm »
Welcome back mate, I see you enjoyed your rest.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 17, 2015, 06:23:20 pm »
+5
When I still played I visited NA regularly, I'm sure a few NA players must still remember me, I did relatively well there considering the ping. And a few must also remember my endless diatribes aimed at these worthless cunt assholes who play, in their words, for "fun", i.e anything but what the game is designed to be played as. There's a thread about Phoenician or whatever being banned in the first page right now where these useless fucks have the nerve to show up and shit all over the actual players still carrying this dead gay ass mod, completely oblivious that the idiots playing for "fun" are the ones killing what little life there is left in it. I played for years, simply because the mechanics and gameplay of warband and crpg in particular are unique and can't be found anywhere else, but the fucking cancer that is these autists is what finally drove me away. They really think their "hilarious" antics are fun for everyone on the server, and not just the other mongolic substandard IQ drunks and stoners giggling to each other over TS about how craaaaazy and funny they are. cRPG might have died naturally, of old age, just the end of it's cycle, but if anything hastened that end it was these cunts and the tolerance/encouragement admins showed to them. Especially in NA, admins and these people are often one and the same.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

^ this looks like something i would write, cheers oberyn, from one actual player to another i salute you ( and ya of course we remember you, you were pro cav even with shit ping, AND unlike most of NA {with the exception of dionysious} you actually know a thing or two about history.)

I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2015, 04:10:28 pm »

Also whenever I win a round I call my mum immediately to let her know how the big game went before she has a chance to see it on the news. If I lose a single round however, it can take a whole day for me to recover emotionally from losing such a deeply competitive sporting experience such as the public EU1 server.

I was more thinking of a pick-up football game at the park after work...but I guess you can extend the analogy...

As an aside, I really do have to stretch/crack my index finger periodically throughout the day, especially before/during playing.  Maybe it's arthritis...maybe it's because I'm getting old.  Or maybe I'm just abusing my body with my constant mouse use during work and at home.  My grip with my right index finger is severely weakened because of the pain.  Maybe it's genetics.  Maybe I have a problem.

Does anyone else?  It's right here

(click to show/hide)

I need a band-aid or a kiss or something.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2015, 05:10:46 pm »
I agree.

I stretch and warm up every time before I start playing, I do my squats and forefinger exercises every day to keep myself at the very top of my game.

Also whenever I win a round I call my mum immediately to let her know how the big game went before she has a chance to see it on the news. If I lose a single round however, it can take a whole day for me to recover emotionally from losing such a deeply competitive sporting experience such as the public EU1 server.

I think of cRPG as my '2nd job', and hope someday to be talent-scouted and do it full-time. Other people when they come home from work and have just an hour of leisure-time, they like to relax and do something mindless to unwind... but not me, no. I need to be on that EU1 every single night at the designated time and give 100%, my teammates are all counting on me. It's up to me to keep my head in the game and be accountable for whether our team wins or not. If I see a poorly armoured peasant it's my obligation to kill them as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent them from cluttering the battlefield and getting delusions of grandeur above their station, also maybe if I farm them for valour enough i'll get that juicy sponsorship I need and get into the big leagues.
kek

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2015, 05:49:41 pm »
+1
No, it's a good analogy already.

EU1 is a public server, so a pick-up game of football fits where no one really cares how many people are on each team (4-a-side? 15-a-side? Sure). People play that to have fun.

Serious tryharding to me is if you're having a pick-up game of football in the park and someone turns up in full footie gear, tryhards and shouts at their mates if they don't pass at the right moment, or shouts at the goalie for letting in a goal, or kicks the shins of his mates on the other team like in a real game of football. Such a fool would be raped hard in the bushes by both teams. I mean, would you shout at people for not taking it seriously enough if you're just kicking a ball around in the park?

If, on the other hand, you're in the serious 'e-sporter' mindset, then find a private server where you can play with all the other serious players. You don't get professional footballers running around getting angry in park footie games cos no one else is as serious as them

I guess it's just 2 sides of the same coin, my friend.

Tryhards vs. Vagabonds.  The eternal struggle!

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2015, 05:54:36 pm »
+4
Serious tryharding to me is if you're having a pick-up game of football in the park and someone turns up in full footie gear, tryhards and shouts at their mates if they don't pass at the right moment, or shouts at the goalie for letting in a goal, or kicks the shins of his mates on the other team like in a real game of football. Such a fool would be raped hard in the bushes by both teams. I mean, would you shout at people for not taking it seriously enough if you're just kicking a ball around in the park?

Whenever I go to the football field to just kick the ball around for fun and the tryhards in their club shirts and everything show up, they kick me off the field. I don't mind that, the field was built for them and I just use it when it's free. I surely don't go standing on the field hugging the goalkeeper while the referee (autobalancer in this metafor) will force one team to play with less actual players and then complain that I'm not allowed to play how I want.

The public servers are the football fields. If you want to set up your own park game with your mates where it's mostly about hugging trees and less about kicking the ball - then go ahead, but that's not what the servers are up for.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 18, 2015, 06:09:40 pm »
So the mod wasn't made to have fun? Damn we getting all league of legends seriazz biznez in dis house.
Keep the tears flowing its fun to tldr
Maybe someone should start a cRPG mod stole my fun support group
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:27:40 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Penitent

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 18, 2015, 06:16:58 pm »
+1
How public are those football fields?

Cos we have dedicated servers and password-protected servers for the club-shirt wearers to go play their 'real' game of football on.

If you want to kick a ball around on the field then that's what the public server is for. EU1. If people choose to turn up with their club shirts on and want to join in then that's fine but they cant expect everyone to be as serious as them. If a couple of guys in club shirts want to kick everyone else off a public pitch, well, that's dependent on the goodwill of the people on that pitch.

Both sides will need to make concessions if we are to get anywhere.  We must compromise.

Kicking the ball on the field is fine.  It's a ball-field.  Masturbating on the ball and trying to deflate it with your rigid member is not.

Neither should people throw refuse at the people trying to have a ball game.

Nor should members of the public run on to the field and purposely boot the ball as far as they can into the nearby street when people are having a legit game.

Also, sitting still in the middle of the field playing your game-boy color while a match is on is not appropriate.

Spamming voice-commands is OK though.

No one should yell at another player for playing poorly ( in football or in crpg).
Asking a person deliberately disrupting a game in progress with some absurd or outlandish behavior to "cut it out" is not silly or outlandish in itself.

I do believe that it is ok to stop once in a while and "build a [J] seige tower!"  This is fair play if you can pull it off.

I hope we can come to some kind of understanding, and mend the fabric of this community.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:24:45 pm by Penitent »

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #248 on: December 18, 2015, 07:17:07 pm »
Whose to say the tryhards aren't having fun and why is it within the right of the rolls to ruin the tryhards fun by delaying/not playing the game?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2015, 07:46:34 pm »
+2
So its a 3 way war between the tryhard, the don't try and the try just enough?

P.S. there are more people online playing this dying mod than last year this same time so yeah mod is def dying.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:56:58 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2015, 09:42:09 pm »
I feel like I'm in America right now
"MUH, MUH RIGHTS"

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2015, 02:47:38 am »
just slay each other. why is that so hard to understand?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:32:30 am by chesterotab »

▲ ▲

Offline celticmoose

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 22, 2015, 01:21:53 am »
+1
Autobalance and maps are the biggest killers for me.  Sure kiters are annoying but they are in every game ever that has classes and the ability to create it.  At least there aren't a million horse archers like there used to be when I used to really play.

Autobalance though.  I swear 75% of the maps play out like this:

Team A wins round 1
Autobalance
Team B wins 4 in a row
Next map