Poll

Does horse archery require a nerf?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Horse archery is too strong  (Read 31007 times)

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: Horse archery is too strong
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2014, 05:15:52 pm »
u say damage required but teeth today i shot 11 times with my arrows and u didint dead. so wtf are u saying? lol. ha should be buffed

I think the problem comes from the fact that he can pump 15 arrows in a person (and probably teeth wasn't the only that round) without danger for his own life.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2014, 05:17:54 pm »
u say damage required but teeth today i shot 11 times with my arrows and u didint dead. so wtf are u saying? lol. ha should be buffed.  be a horse archer if it easy then lol

11 arrows too little, should be 50
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2014, 05:21:09 pm »
u say damage required but teeth today i shot 11 times with my arrows and u didint dead. so wtf are u saying? lol. ha should be buffed.  be a horse archer if it easy then lol

Damn, you didnt think twice about posting this right? That's just plain... urgh
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Kutluhan

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium, Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Kistray
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2014, 05:22:10 pm »
oh i failed when i writing this lol  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline bagge

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2014, 05:23:30 pm »
+7
You failed the moment you started playing HA and wanted to banner stack with the other horse archer scumbags from Barabe

Edit: I say scumbags since 4-6 horse archers in one team breaks the balance of the server and makes it shit for everyone else
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2014, 05:27:16 pm »
+6
This thread makes me want to play again and respec back to HA, the tears are glorious  :lol:.

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2014, 05:31:33 pm »
You failed the moment you started playing HA and wanted to banner stack with the other horse archer scumbags from Barabe

Edit: I say scumbags since 4-6 horse archers in one team breaks the balance of the server and makes it shit for everyone else

BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

btw bagge what do you think,  guys which are not in big clans think about playing vs byz,mercs,greys,barabe etc etc stack?
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Kutluhan

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2014, 05:33:13 pm »
yes. go take a HA and try it. It's never been easy. Archers always been focusing you :D

Offline bagge

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2014, 05:33:59 pm »
+2
BARABE:

btw bagge what do you think,  guys which are not in big clans think about playing vs byz,mercs,greys,barabe etc etc stack?

Well, towards infantry or ranged on foot you can actually fight back. You can't fight back at the Barabe or the turkish Seljuk horse ranged stack.

Offline Kutluhan

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2014, 05:39:55 pm »
i know ur hit bagge. U always been taken half of hp in a hit so normal archery should be buffed firstly and long bows requirements should be increased i think. should be 7 pd

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2014, 05:41:32 pm »
Well, towards infantry or ranged on foot you can actually fight back. You can't fight back at the Barabe or the turkish Seljuk horse ranged stack.

oh cmn man that aint true at all......
we had at that moment 4 ha's and thats it.
this mod would be way better without this nerf threads and strat arguing topics.
BARABE:

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2014, 05:51:04 pm »
imho horse archery is too expensive
cause while these two might lead the scoreboard, their team still loses and they actually would need valour in order to make a profit
If I'm leading the scoreboard on the wrong side thats just my shitty team and high repair costs for me - your tears only make the fall softer

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2014, 06:08:59 pm »
+3

I always found the excuse of "my class is too expensive" irrelevant

Min maxing is expensive, its the same for EVERY class
and you can still use cheaper gear

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2014, 06:11:24 pm »
+2
This thread was good for the first couple of pages but as seriously degenerated.

Nerfing probably isn't the way to go, but if it were to end up as such, I would go with one of these three:
Like I stated in previous HA threads, the ability horse archery, should effect the speed and manuverability of a horse archers horse, this would make them easier to shoot And easier to hunt down as cav, so many times I find myself chasing an HA and never being able to cAtch him because he is faster and able to shoot my horse without any risk.
3.) The angle at which the archer is facing away from the front of the horse effects the accuracy of the bow. So, if you are looking as far backwards as you can, your accuracy would be greatly reduced compared to when you are shooting directly forward. See this Wikipedia artcile on the Parthian shot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthian_shot
Quote from: me
Make horses take up an item slot.

That being said, I still don't like the sound of nerfing aspects of the game because of one class. I think people just need to learn to have better teamwork. Commanders should take role and try to get their own HA to target enemy HA early on (unless the other teams HA are too superior, in which just keep your ranged with your melee).

I don't know what to say about banner stacking HA though, that's just asshole-ish and I'd suggest that the server population all leave and go to the duel server. Bleh.

Edit:
cause while these two might lead the scoreboard, their team still loses and they actually would need valour in order to make a profit
If I'm leading the scoreboard on the wrong side thats just my shitty team and high repair costs for me - your tears only make the fall softer
This is just a barrier for new players being HA. There's too much gold in the economy currently as-is and doesn't really deter older players.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2014, 07:18:26 pm »
+2
I dont think HA's are op at all, like barbie scumbags mentioned it can take 10 or so arrows to kills a decently armoured infantry. They are super boring and gay but thats ok, MOTF helps to stop the delay quite a bit (unless it bugs, then HA should be forced to die or dismount atleast).

But for gods sake ban any teamwork across teams because the balance atleast tries to spread out the horse archers, but what does that do when they dont attack eachother anyways. HA's counter HA's pretty much, and if they just have a pact of peace they can all go ham on both sides infantry, which is full homosex. Pls admins
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA