Poll

Does horse archery require a nerf?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Horse archery is too strong  (Read 29283 times)

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
Re: Horse archery is too strong
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2014, 09:10:26 am »
I use barbed arrows and a horn bow, thats not min-maxing

yeah, but on the other hand u dont have a melee weapon, and u have 72 arrows
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2014, 09:18:16 am »
87 with 3 stacks of mw barbed - I can choose between mw arrows, mw barbed and mw bodkins - mainly depending on how much fuck I give and money I wanna waste
those 87 are rather inefficient though, cause they are barbed arrows - combined with 5 pd, horn bow and shooting from horseback (only 60% penalty thanks to 4 HA skill) thats hardly high dmg output
also, whats the complaining about me not having a melee weapon? I dont see you running around with a xbow for those situation where you maybe could use one very inefficiently - cause since I spent everything in riding and archery I can backpaddle very good, even if I had a meleeweapon...and fighting without ps, yeah right - I rather not even bother

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2014, 09:38:08 am »
+1
To me, the only reason of complaints is actually just the rare occasions when a clan has theme-days and stacking HAs.
Tbh, Byzantium having their "lolpike" evenings is similar enjoyable as HA stacking.

1 or 2 HAs on the server is hardly an issue and when you're not completely blind, it's even rather easy to dodge them.
It always boils down to their numbers...

My suggestion: whenever something stacks on EU1 that you don't like, can't deal with - join EU2 and play there. Barely any cavalry, hardly noticeable amount of ranged and not a single HA.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2014, 12:55:12 pm »
To me, the only reason of complaints is actually just the rare occasions when a clan has theme-days and stacking HAs.
Tbh, Byzantium having their "lolpike" evenings is similar enjoyable as HA stacking.

1 or 2 HAs on the server is hardly an issue and when you're not completely blind, it's even rather easy to dodge them.

My suggestion: whenever something stacks on EU1 that you don't like, can't deal with - join EU2 and play there. Barely any cavalry, hardly noticeable amount of ranged and not a single HA.

We dont do pike events, the most recent event we did was plated charger and before that we only did spartans :C We do use pokey pikes a lot though in general.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Xiou

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templolz
  • Game nicks: Grubby_Fingers
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2014, 01:37:15 pm »
+5

The problem is not people stacking, they are generally pretty useless as they do not have a high lvl build.

The problem is the lvl 35+ HA mains that completely own several maps. And I cannot deny that some of the players are good at what they do. But ultimately what they do is play a class that cannot be touched by the majority of players unless they make a mistake. This is completely unbalanced and should be countered somehow.

Making it so they can carry less arrows, nerfing the speed bonus or their accuracy. I don't really care but it needs to be done. Only a select few people who are in a massive minority find the class fun and, as the voting on this thread shows, it ruins the experience for the rest of the player base.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2014, 11:43:40 pm »
Before Throwing lance nerfing, I could dehorse a HA in a single shot. They were not a real threat. Now my class is useless.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2014, 11:57:58 pm »
+1

...and a bunch of people that don't give a damn about flag because 'walls are in need'...

We dont do pike events, the most recent event we did was plated charger and before that we only did spartans :C We do use pokey pikes a lot though in general.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:01:03 am by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2014, 12:12:18 am »
Bit late to this, but this is like putting up one of Chase's scores up and saying his current class is OP.
Zero_SAT is one of the best HA's, no question about it. I'm not saying there isn't a problem, but the OP's screenshot is misleading.

Your typical HA doesn't have a score anywhere near that.

HA dmg is not the problem, the ability to kite endlessly is. (Bodkins are a bit of an issue though)
Typical HA build's have atleast 6+ riding minimum, usually 7 and above. (I personally have 8)
The only way other cav can catch me, is if I let them (or make a mistake).

Either there needs to be some widely available range weapon, capable of taking down or detering HA/HX.
Or, there needs to be a nerf in HA/HX riding.

A possible solution:
Make the HA skill give less and make it every 3 agi, therefore requiring more skill points.
e.g. 4 would now be 6-8 for the same ability.
Though this would obviously need tweaking.

Another solution:
As already mentioned, HA skill reducing the riding skill.
Every 2 points in HA could reduce riding by 1.

.. as the voting on this thread shows, it ruins the experience for the rest of the player base.

You would get a similar response for archery/2h or stabby polearms...

It's a leading question.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:18:09 am by Senni__Ti »

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2014, 12:17:16 am »
woops Double post

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2014, 12:26:30 am »
(click to show/hide)

Lol i think we lost every round we did that, only lasted a couple of maps though.

Before Throwing lance nerfing, I could dehorse a HA in a single shot. They were not a real threat. Now my class is useless.

I use throwing lances on my alt to counter HA's, works fine.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Wolfsblood

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner
  • Game nicks: Wolfsblood_MB, Wolfsfang
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2014, 04:42:04 am »
...and a bunch of people that don't give a damn about flag because 'walls are in need'...

(click to show/hide)

I think the real problem is Eu is full of shitlords and spergs. never see a large class stack like that from any clan here on the NA side.

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2014, 05:20:17 am »
QFR QQV
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline Enver

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2014, 05:41:09 am »
This thread is laughable!. Basically because Zero_Sat gets 4 more kills that you, it means he is OP.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2014, 07:20:26 am »
+2
Why is there even any debate about bro-coding? It's always been a banable offense. Apparently playing the least risky, most OP class in the entire game isn't enough for these bundle of stickss, they have to make meta peace pacts when on opposite teams. All the idiots defending it in this thread should get a ban, pour encourager les autres. I wonder what sort of retarded mindset you have to think it's in any way legit. Probably that whole fun = being a worthless shit troll thing again. Overlap between playing HA and being a worthless shit troll, what a surprise. 

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2014, 09:44:50 am »
In regards to kill potential of HA's...its not much. Weakened and light armoured folks will die in 3-5 arrows. As others have stated in the thread, bump damage is only a threat to peasants. Anyone with a decent amount of armour can be shot for a loooong time. The benefits of HA are the survivability, and being able to disrupt the enemy team by being an annoying scumbag. People will irrationally chase HA allowing your team to have numbers, even if they're already engaged with other melee.

If you see a HA with a high kill count its likely due to good target selection on the HA's part.

If you want to piss off HA yourself: carry a shield, wear medium-heavy armour, ride an armoured horse and follow the HA around. You'll become untouchable. Mind you, so is the HA unless they run into a wall or something lol