Poll

Does horse archery require a nerf?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Horse archery is too strong  (Read 29374 times)

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
Re: Horse archery is too strong
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2014, 04:23:12 pm »
The problem is that HA should not be a class to carry a whole bloody team.

It should support the teams cavalry or infantry.

ok lets make hew thread about archers then. cuz they are top boarding:  nebun,shoko,steevee,bagge...should i continue?
instead of non-stop whining on forum do something on server...take a thrower and deal with it ffs!
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2014, 04:24:08 pm »
+5
In my completely biased opinion, I don't want them around since there's no easy way to make that playstyle weaker in any sort of organic manner and the playstyle is pretty toxic. You pretty much just whack it with a nerfing bat multiple times and push it aside for later (looking at HX). Kiting horses in general are a problem, too, since it's way too safe an option (against melee cav at least). Then you add ranged on top of it.

They should have the same issues that foot ranged have, except on horse (easier to catch, reduced capability in certain scenarios), however it's the exact opposite right now. They are the hardest to catch with above-average adaptability.

For now, it's quite clear that max damage output is too high for such a low-risk class looking at the amount of points they're able to achieve compared to their counterparts.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2014, 04:24:13 pm »
I don't know a lot about history and I know skilled horsemen should be able to steer without reigns, but what about less maneuverability while drawing the string of your bow?

Maybe it's a bit egoistic, but I would be very happy because this would mean cav can escape from HA's.

This game has never been built around realism, but around trying to find a perfect balance, you cannot have realism and balance existing at the same time.
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2014, 04:32:24 pm »
+4
Just because im good as HA (Zero_SaT) doesnt mean that it should be nerfed? btw teeth, u took 15 arrows before you died so dont complain.. see u in-game. //Zero_SaT and Barabe_Zibart
You are not as exceptional as you might like to think. Smurf_niluk for example has been carrying the board with insane numbers of kills as well and I can think of many players have at some point been great horse archers that could do the same if they got a high level build now. Even then it is besides the point. I do think you can nerf a class based on individual performances, especially if that class has top notch range and speed and is thus mostly untouchable. An untouchable class should not be able to go 24/1 in the hands of anyone.

Teeth has more points than the HA.
NERF POLEARMS CUZ OBVIOULSY OP AS FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only reason I got so many points this map is because I spawned late among about 8 spawnrushing scrub cav that refused to accept that someone with a ranseur can get away from spawn alive. They insisted on believing that people are unable to stab a horse if there are two of them charging and fed me like 80 points in one round, good times.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2014, 04:36:51 pm »
Came on saw teeth with about 100 arrows in him, just quit after 1 round and went to duel in EU3, seems like the only place where you can get a decent melee fight these days
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2014, 04:37:11 pm »
+1
ok lets make hew thread about archers then. cuz they are top boarding:  nebun,shoko,steevee,bagge...should i continue?
instead of non-stop whining on forum do something on server...take a thrower and deal with it ffs!

Are you even reading my posts? Stop picking a few words out of the whole context.

Since when is a normal archer able to kite the whole round, while being able to kill everything in front, next to, and behind him?

Everybody who has a normal amount of agility wearing medium armour can catch an archer who is trying to run away. Unless he drops his bow, then he cannot shoot anymore though.

A HA can run away forever, is a whole lot faster than everything else on the battlefield, and can still attack while running away. THAT is the problem.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2014, 04:51:30 pm »
Are you even reading my posts? Stop picking a few words out of the whole context.

Since when is a normal archer able to kite the whole round, while being able to kill everything in front, next to, and behind him?

Everybody who has a normal amount of agility wearing medium armour can catch an archer who is trying to run away. Unless he drops his bow, then he cannot shoot anymore though.

A HA can run away forever, is a whole lot faster than everything else on the battlefield, and can still attack while running away. THAT is the problem.

few words? oh it was friday yesterday. or you go party saturday night?
archers loves roofs and hills. go and catch archers i mention on roof or mountain/hill.
2h should be nerfed long ago same as 1h cav. same as low pd req bows.
imo this whine threads about nerfing are discusting, same as whiners!
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2014, 04:53:24 pm »
+1
Archery doesnt need a nerf, it needs to change - not necessarily become weaker.

Nerfing is no means to an end...
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Royans

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2014, 04:53:50 pm »
(click to show/hide)

About that kiting ability and shot, i don't remember well, but isn't in the old days, HA could'nt shot at 180° right? i'm not sure, but at least that would force them to turn to shot and slow them a bit, instead going straight on full speed and shoting 180°. Just an idea.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2014, 05:05:24 pm »
few words? oh it was friday yesterday. or you go party saturday night?
archers loves roofs and hills. go and catch archers i mention on roof or mountain/hill.
2h should be nerfed long ago same as 1h cav. same as low pd req bows.
imo this whine threads about nerfing are discusting, same as whiners!

I don't care what day it is or was, my point is valid on a Friday as well as on any other day of the week.
I am catching archers on roofs and hills on the daily. I don't see your point here.
And all other classes, 2h, 1h cav, even normal archers, are possible to be caught and killed.
None of these classes can damage you while enjoying basically immortality like Horse Archers do.

Make it possible to catch a HA and there would be no discussion.

(click to show/hide)

About that kiting ability and shot, i don't remember well, but isn't in the old days, HA could'nt shot at 180° right? i'm not sure, but at least that would force them to turn to shot and slow them a bit, instead going straight on full speed and shoting 180°. Just an idea.

I suggested to reduce their angle of firing, but people complained about that cause it would not be realistic...
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2014, 05:07:53 pm »
+2
Rules:
No Horse Archery or Horse Crossbowmen. - Perma Ban (Horse Throwing is allowed.)

There you go, easy solution.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2014, 05:10:51 pm »
I don't care what day it is or was, my point is valid on a Friday as well as on any other day of the week.
I am catching archers on roofs and hills on the daily. I don't see your point here.
And all other classes, 2h, 1h cav, even normal archers, are possible to be caught and killed.
None of these classes can damage you while enjoying basically immortality like Horse Archers do.

Make it possible to catch a HA and there would be no discussion.

ok you didnt catch it again?! ...meh forget it
im killing HA's every time i play.... so wheres the problem? 
BARABE:

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2014, 05:11:53 pm »
if I was able to create threads like this in english instead of my direct "nerf HA cause OP" people would know my ideas aren't that bad. I might hire someone to write a level 31 STF threa.

On topic yes, I agree, it's obviously OP; a class that can deal 36 cut damage + 40% or 28 pierce damage +40% (I assumed they had 5 pd), moving around with OP horses such as arabian war horse (yes it's OP it can almost dodge arrows better than infantry with 8 riding) and shooting from distance is OP; another broken thing is bump damage by horses.and finally, HA shouldn't be able to use heavy horses.

I just seen that PD adds 14% not 8% like PS so it's 70% more damage not 40; wtf?

also is it that hard to nerf them? arabian war horse needs a nerf in general, for the heavy horses thing you could add a malus to riding on HArchery, the yumi definitely needs a nerf, should be 2 slots. bump damage probably needs a nerf in general. also there should be a malus on headshot, considering they're much easier and frequent because of their raised position on horses but I'm not really sure on this one.

Offline Kutluhan

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium, Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Kistray
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2014, 05:13:33 pm »
u say damage required but teeth today i shot 11 times with my arrows and u didint dead. so wtf are u saying? lol. .  be a horse archer if it easy then lol
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:22:34 pm by Kutluhan »

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2014, 05:13:45 pm »
Not sure if HA by itself is OP (I didn't feel it when I last played HA), but Yumi on horseback definitely is.