Poll

Should there be a ranged cap???

Yes
No

Author Topic: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY  (Read 23737 times)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY
« Reply #285 on: July 11, 2014, 02:04:58 pm »
Quit and start playing other games, an let cRPG rot. Thats what i did, im just waiting for there new game.. Havent played for 5 months now, an not planning on it since the RaI\Iged scrub lobby have the devs dicks so far down there throat now...

Also fucking up heavy cav, so they could keep up the pew pew, fucked up my build  :lol: CBA to respec, CBA to play....

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:17:26 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 11, 2014, 02:23:55 pm »
+1
The absolute worst thing to happen to archery was the reworking of the stats of bows. It was a terrible idea and it has clearly failed. Revert bows to how they were. There is now way the second bow in (nomad bow) should arguably be one of the strongest bows in the game. That is completely moronic. Comparable to making the wooden stick, axe, or pitchfork in other classes the second best weapon for that class or the sumpter horse just slighty worse than the courser. Please. I had a major issue when the decision was made to remove longbow's pierce only damage WHICH IS HOW IT SHOULD BE, to then the respec of all bows and arrows. I mean come on. There is a point where something is ok, then there is a point when you've just gone too far.  I don't want to do this but I will. Below is how the stats of the bows should be in my humble opinion, not how they are now. Again how they are now is fucking stupid and it's the reason why there are so many people shooting you in melee. You can max an archery build with a nomad bow and have laser guided missiles that shoot faster, more accurately, and more rapidly than anything on the battlefield. On top of that, use some bodkins and now that machine gun does pierce damage. GG everyone. Here's my list.

(click to show/hide)

Also arrows shouldn't determine what type of damage your bow does. If they do, then bring back the ability for me to switch between quivers when I pick my targets.

Edit: Feel free to play with the numbers I'm on my phone and have to keep editing to see the entire list!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:33:55 pm by Bronto »

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 11, 2014, 02:53:38 pm »
While I agree with Bronto that the current balance of bows is fucking so assbackwards that it makes unborn infants cry in the prospect of having to live in a world with it, Bronto's numbers are just as stupid, and as to longbow being pierce, thats retarded.

In what world though is ANY bow going to have faster misile speed than longbow? I don't get it... longbow from yew would is natural laminate, and ask any historian who has stupied period just prior to and during 100 Years War will tell you, yew longbow is a laminate recurve bow, the arrows out of a 90-150 pound recurve laminate are going to be invisible to the naked eye for the first hundred metres, forget there being ANY bow faster.

As to crossbows too: before the steel arms, so every crossbow below Heavy Crossbow, needs misile drastically reduced: shit wasnt fast, before steel bows, crossbows were not even dangerous to men in maille.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 11, 2014, 03:17:05 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Are you new?
(click to show/hide)
Longbow in this game used to be the only bow that does pierce damage. As for my numbers being retarded, please adjust them so they aren't and post your ideas. Every missile speed should be less than the longbow as it used to be.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 11, 2014, 03:21:20 pm »
Are you new?
(click to show/hide)
Longbow in this game used to be the only bow that does pierce damage. As for my numbers being retarded, please adjust them so they aren't and post your ideas. Every missile speed should be less than the longbow as it used to be.

Yes Im new Bronco, new enough to remember when the Longbow pierce dmg was introduced. it was a bad idea then, and now.
I don't know enough

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #290 on: July 11, 2014, 03:34:07 pm »
Are you new?
(click to show/hide)

Longbow, Pierce only is bad. It's better to be able to make the bow do damage, and arrows choose the type of damage. Also, FYI, longbows, intrinsically did not do "pierce" damage. It was the Bodkins fired from their arrows that did that. Having Bodkins set as Pierce was the smart way, and more intuitive than anything else.

Still don't see problem with archer numbers. I never get focused down by any form of archer and if they kill  me, I already knew they were there and bad at removing my capability of getting hit.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 11, 2014, 03:36:13 pm »
+5
Yes Im new Bronco

Bronco

Bronco

Bronco

(click to show/hide)

Also, you all have opinions but I don't see your work. As I said in my other post, adjust the stats and post them. The hard work is done, now copy and paste what you think it should be. Don't be lazy ass people that don't agree but won't show you what they think is better. That's just stupid and how can anyone take you seriously if all you're going to do is say your wrong, spout some words, but don't actually show what you think the stats should be.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 11, 2014, 03:40:37 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Your some newmy old friend from NA, who cares tbh: Know when the mod seriously started to go downhill? When we got NA ppl on the "balance" team... WHY do you guys even play this? You have 5 minutes of martial history, and most of that is in provoking your neighbors untill you can safely claim them as aggressors then murdering their ppl wholesale. Nub, gtfo, get three thousand years of recorded martial history and culture then come back.
I don't know enough

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 11, 2014, 03:48:21 pm »
+1
Your some newmy old friend from NA, who cares tbh: Know when the mod seriously started to go downhill? When we got NA ppl on the "balance" team... WHY do you guys even play this? You have 5 minutes of martial history, and most of that is in provoking your neighbors untill you can safely claim them as aggressors then murdering their ppl wholesale. Nub, gtfo, get three thousand years of recorded martial history and culture then come back.

Typical EU superior nerd. I expected you to have an intelligent conversation but apparently that is beyond your capabilities. What does your history have to do with anything? What does any of your statement above have to do with anything at all? You can't be that dense can you? I've probably played this mod as long as you have. I've played since pretty much the beginning. You really turned this into an NA/EU debate just like all the other threads this happens too and yet you view me as the idiot. You should be glad that other people play the game other than assholes like you that get angry for no reason. All I'm asking is that you and anyone else, show me what you think the stats should be. Is it that fucking hard? Are you drooling on your keyboard unable to type anything but insults because that's how stupid you are?

Edit: Just saw your signature and the team was right. You are a total twat.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 11, 2014, 03:53:33 pm »
Typical EU superior nerd. I expected you to have an intelligent conversation but apparently that is beyond your capabilities. What does your history have to do with anything? What does any of your statement above have to do with anything at all? You can't be that dense can you? I've probably played this mod as long as you have. I've played since pretty much the beginning. You really turned this into an NA/EU debate just like all the other threads this happens too and yet you view me as the idiot. You should be glad that other people play the game other than assholes like you that get angry for no reason. All I'm asking is that you and anyone else, show me what you think the stats should be. Is it that fucking hard? Are you drooling on your keyboard unable to type anything but insults because that's how stupid you are?

Edit: Just saw your signature and the team was right. You are a total twat.

I don't see the part where I claim to view you as the idiot, nor the part where I am angry. But please, continue to make shit up, it really makes ME look like the "dense" one here :D

Your a funny dude, but calm down, I shouldn't be able to see your bloodpreasure through your text buddy.

EDIT: I'm serious, calm down, you really shouldn't get so worked up over forum spam about a game. Do you have a high salt intake?
I don't know enough

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 11, 2014, 03:54:48 pm »
+1
I don't see the part where I claim to view you as the idiot, nor the part where I am angry. But please, continue to make shit up, it really makes ME look like the "dense" one here :D

Your a funny dude, but calm down, I shouldn't be able to see your bloodpreasure through your text buddy.

Poor guy can't even read his own writing. Is the EU education system really that bad? Go reread what you typed to me and tell me it sounds completely friendly.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 11, 2014, 03:56:15 pm »
Poor guy can't even read his own writing. Is the EU education system really that bad? Go reread what you typed to me and tell me it sounds completely friendly.

You know, if you keep constantly changing what it is you are claiming, eventually you might just be right. :D
I don't know enough

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2014, 04:00:02 pm »

Translation:
I'm EU. My dick is small and I have to insult someone because I can't make a valid, proper post defending my viewpoint. Thanks for ignoring me
-Total Twat.

@Bronto
I'm not an archer, but your stats seem off, honestly. At work so I can't spend time creating something.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2014, 04:00:40 pm »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 11, 2014, 04:03:05 pm »
Can't we just talk about nerf ranged? NA are descended from europe, same as EU. Not that that would be a valid reason to not have input anyway.
If you have ranged troubles use this: