Poll

Should there be a ranged cap???

Yes
No

Author Topic: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY  (Read 23718 times)

Offline Mokou

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY
« Reply #300 on: July 11, 2014, 04:03:19 pm »
I'd appreciate it if you two stopped your contest for biggest internet tough guy--no one is impressed, and the NA vs EU pissing contest is tired, pointless and unrelated.
To begin with, the issue at hand is too much ranged, not the historic or relative (to each other) power of the bows in the mod.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 11, 2014, 04:04:31 pm »
I'm EU. My dick is small and I have to insult someone because I can't make a valid, proper post defending my viewpoint.

Well, I didn't have any viewpoint to defend, I was basically saying: I really don't care that he got butthurt cause I wrote his name wrong: I have no idea who he is and really don't care :D
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 11, 2014, 04:07:11 pm »
+1
I'd appreciate it if you two stopped your contest for biggest internet tough guy--no one is impressed, and the NA vs EU pissing contest is tired, pointless and unrelated.
To begin with, the issue at hand is too much ranged, not the historic or relative (to each other) power of the bows in the mod.

Please see my original post on page 20 where I at least put together a chart before Blindguy interrupted an intelligent conversation I attempted to have with the community. Fuck cause I know none of you will because it's just too much goddamn work. Here it is again.

(click to show/hide)

Now we're back on track!

Edit: Blindguy I never got butthurt and was making a joke with the Bronco thing but you were too stupid to realize it. Thus proving my point.

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #303 on: July 11, 2014, 04:15:57 pm »
Go e-fight somewhere else.

Back to the topic please.

We need to fix the amount of archers.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 11, 2014, 04:18:41 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Now we're back on track!

Edit: Blindguy I never got butthurt and was making a joke with the Bronco thing but you were too stupid to realize it. Thus proving my point.

Insulting me again still wont help your numbers be any less backward. Stop posting this. This thread is about number of archers, nothing to do with bows.
I don't know enough

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 11, 2014, 04:19:49 pm »
+4
Insulting me again still wont help your numbers be any less backward. Stop posting this. This thread is about number of archers, nothing to do with bows.

Archers have nothing to do with Bows! LOL!

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #306 on: July 11, 2014, 04:21:47 pm »
+1
The Native bow animation looks stiff and retarded, the cRPG one is smooth and nice. Wouldn't surprise me if some people didn't play archery in Native, but started doing so in cRPG because of this.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Aldogalus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner, Keyboard Warriors (MB, KbW)
  • Game nicks: Aldo, Aldo_TheDandyDiddler_MB
  • IRC nick: Aldogalus
« Reply #307 on: July 11, 2014, 04:22:19 pm »
+1
EU education system

more like

EU eduaction MISSED EM

Offline Pappy

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Papasmurf_FIDLGB
« Reply #308 on: July 11, 2014, 04:23:14 pm »
nothing to do with bows.

You throw rocks?

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #309 on: July 11, 2014, 04:25:21 pm »
+2
EU education system

more like

EU eduaction MISSED EM

(click to show/hide)
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 11, 2014, 04:33:28 pm »
Well, reguardless of bow balance: Which I fully agree with you is currently in such a shit state it looks like Somalia, new players are going to gravitate towards archery because it is an easy class to play.

Please don't be butthurt "Profesional Archers", I have done 16 gens as archer, untill they set up slot system and the softcap on levels, archery was my favorite thing, since I could carry a decent weapon and fight while using a bow that doesn't look retarded: Cannot stand ppl who use horsebows (If it has a leather sheath for the bow, its DESIGNED INGAME to be used on a horse, the quiver SHOULD be on the horse's saddle, but the engine doesn't allow that, the bows SHOULD be unusable on foot, to stop the HORRIBLE look of them) as their primary bow while on foot make me sick.

That said: archery is not highskill, difficult, cool, anything of that nature. My primary enjoyment in it is shooting horses from across the map, its fun to predict their position and launch arrows high into the air and see the horse fall. But even that, shooting at fast moving targets across the entire map, is not difficult.

So new players, and plain bad players, will gravitate naturally towards archery in this game, because unlike real life, it does not require any amount of skill beyond not making a stupid build. Even unloomed (I currently dont use a loomed bow on my archer alt) archery is good, despite what many ppl claim. So, a nice cap would be, imho:

Dont allow new players to use any ranged. Once they have, lets say, 8 generations, allow them throwing, at 12 allow them crossbows, at 16 allow them archers. Simple.

Archers have nothing to do with Bows! LOL!

If you change the order of the words and completely restructure the sentence, you can arrive at a different meaning. Yes. Well done. That's how women argue BTW, you might wanna review that information, and grow a pair: argue based on what the person you disagree with ACTUALLY WROTE OR SAID, not on what other interpretations you can make for the words once you change the meaning of the sentence.

EDIT:
You throw rocks?

I wrote, this THREAD isn't about bows, its about NUMBER OF RANGED PLAYERS, not bow balance. Try to keep up.
I don't know enough

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #311 on: July 11, 2014, 04:36:37 pm »
+3
Lots of proposed changes here that prompts me, a player who's devoted his entire c-rpg life to the art of archery, to ask the balance team; Is this the best you got? Do you really think I can’t handle another goddamn nerf? It’s gonna take a whole lot more than that to break me you fucks. These changes, of course, follow increased arrow weight and no jump-shot, which is really just fine by me. Stat changes, nerfs, change in game mechanics, all I can say is; keep them coming cocksuckers. Do them all again for all I care. In fact, I LOVE IT. I THRIVE ON IT. EVERY STEAMING PIECE OF SHIT YOU THROW AT ME ONLY MAKES ME STRONGER. FUCKING FEED ME, BECAUSE YOU SONS OF BITCHES SURE CANT BEAT ME

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 11, 2014, 04:40:07 pm »
Lots of proposed changes here that prompts me, a player who's devoted his entire c-rpg life to the art of archery, to ask the balance team; Is this the best you got? Do you really think I can’t handle another goddamn nerf? It’s gonna take a whole lot more than that to break me you fucks. These changes, of course, follow increased arrow weight and no jump-shot, which is really just fine by me. Stat changes, nerfs, change in game mechanics, all I can say is; keep them coming cocksuckers. Do them all again for all I care. In fact, I LOVE IT. I THRIVE ON IT. EVERY STEAMING PIECE OF SHIT YOU THROW AT ME ONLY MAKES ME STRONGER. FUCKING FEED ME, BECAUSE YOU SONS OF BITCHES SURE CANT BEAT ME

Lol, I think you got wrong thread, but even if not: who are you?
I don't know enough

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
« Reply #313 on: July 11, 2014, 04:47:18 pm »
+1
i still stick with the fact Ranged is a part of the medival battle, so making a cap for it... well i dont know

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #314 on: July 11, 2014, 04:49:23 pm »
Lol, I think you got wrong thread, but even if not: who are you?

ad hominem nice