Poll

Should there be a ranged cap???

Yes
No

Author Topic: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY  (Read 23758 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY
« Reply #240 on: July 10, 2014, 01:34:01 pm »
It was a theoretical statement, cav is ussually too busy backstabbing unaware opponents and are too scared to lose their horse to archers. Its not a free kill afterall.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2014, 01:38:45 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"get a shield lol"

Play on EU2 instead.
I know, I am late but this really. Ranged is way less dominant. It's the better place to be when you fight with real weapons vs real men 8-)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 01:45:22 pm by Molly »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #242 on: July 10, 2014, 01:44:53 pm »
sry dbl post :3
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #243 on: July 10, 2014, 01:45:49 pm »
If you get a shield, you might be able to avoid getting shot for some time then, if you don't try to actually go towards the archers. If you go towards the archers, you will most likely be shot in your sides or even your back, because they will start splitting up. Ontop of this, archers are usually way in the back, so you will most likely also be fighting melee, which is a possibility for a 1h/shielder, but not really for a 2h/polearm with a shield, since they can't both fight and stay protected from archers at the same time, not properly.

If we however imagine that there is no melee around them, then you still have the problem with the split archers, which means that if you have chase one, then the other one will shot you in the back. This of course goes on, while the archer you're chasing is running away. This is why just ''get a shield'' is far from enough. A shield might be able to delay your death, but it won't really change the result by much.

That is why you dont charge them, you lurk around walls and hide untill you can either catch them off guard and backstab (ive found archers to be very tunnelvisioned) or win through MOTF. A big clump of infantry can usually push for them though, unless they have very good positions which is when you simply camp them out and they cant even make it to the flags.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 10, 2014, 01:53:06 pm »
+1
Hmm, Panos you are silly, there ALREADY IS A RANGED CAP!

Infact, theres multiple:
(click to show/hide)
I don't know enough

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #245 on: July 10, 2014, 02:11:09 pm »
If you get a shield, you might be able to avoid getting shot for some time then, if you don't try to actually go towards the archers. If you go towards the archers, you will most likely be shot in your sides or even your back, because they will start splitting up. Ontop of this, archers are usually way in the back, so you will most likely also be fighting melee, which is a possibility for a 1h/shielder, but not really for a 2h/polearm with a shield, since they can't both fight and stay protected from archers at the same time, not properly.

If we however imagine that there is no melee around them, then you still have the problem with the split archers, which means that if you have chase one, then the other one will shot you in the back. This of course goes on, while the archer you're chasing is running away. This is why just ''get a shield'' is far from enough. A shield might be able to delay your death, but it won't really change the result by much.
This is a MEGA +1.
This is why we should test to increase the weight of their bows/arrows. (in order to reduce their insane running speed)
Or let's find something else, that reduce their speed. (Their damages are okey, i don't think we need to nerf it, but their number is the problem.)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2014, 04:00:09 pm »
+3

What? You mean to tell me that one person can't kill two people because of teamwork?!?!? I see what you mean now. Fucking asshole archers. Please nerf their teamwork into THE GROUND. HOW DARE THEY OUTSMART ONE MELEE PERSON WHEN HE CHARGES TWO ARCHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!11!! IT'S SO UNFAIR!!!!!!11!!!11! ON TOP OF THAT, MELEE ALSO HAS TO FIGHT OTHER MELEE IN A MEDIEVAL WAR GAME WHERE CAVALRY, RANGED, SHIELDERS, POLEARMS, AND TWO HANDED SHITLORDS ACTUALLY FOUGHT!1111!!!!111!!! WAY TO GO!!!!111!!!!1111!!!!

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2014, 04:22:33 pm »
+4
We're not nerfing teamwork, we're nerfing

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2014, 05:59:53 pm »
+1
Whats wrong with 2 archers killing 1 infantry anyways, 2 infantry kill 1 archer so  :?
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2014, 06:04:37 pm »
Because shooting someone isn't pvp. There is no sense of comparing one person against another. Melee is scissors vs scissors when/if you get to melee range

I like to die in melee because I know I made some mistake or I at least had a go at fighting back. Getting shot is something you can't necessarily avoid, and you get the feeling you got shot by some bad player who can't really play the game unless he has rock vs scissors
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2014, 07:00:38 pm »
+3
Because shooting someone isn't pvp. There is no sense of comparing one person against another. Melee is scissors vs scissors when/if you get to melee range

I like to die in melee because I know I made some mistake or I at least had a go at fighting back. Getting shot is something you can't necessarily avoid, and you get the feeling you got shot by some bad player who can't really play the game unless he has rock vs scissors
Yeah.

To be honnest, i wont understand the guys who decided to play a "point & click" when you are in the best game for medieval melee fight.

"YEY let's play a random shooter so common on so many games when we are on the best game aimed for his special & unique melee gameplay.
What the heck ?  :?

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2014, 07:02:12 pm »
+5

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2014, 07:09:55 pm »
+2
no u

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 10, 2014, 07:38:07 pm »
+3
Whats wrong with 2 archers killing 1 infantry anyways, 2 infantry kill 1 archer so  :?

The thing is, 2 archers can kill 1 infantry and be in absolutely no danger, one kites while the other shoots, infantry can't engage the target and will take a hit sooner or later.

Meanwhile 2 infantry against 1 archer (assuming they manage to dodge and weave their way into melee range) will still be in danger against the archer, sure they have an advantage in that they are a melee build, but the difference isn't THAT great and we've all seen archers take down at least one opponent in these situations when they've finally stopped running.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 10, 2014, 07:38:15 pm »
+4
Go duel if you dont like getting shot then, and only want to improve your melee skills. Or try to get the melee only server back (that one was great wasnt it? didnt see it get populated at all beyond 15 players or so). I remember playing that server and it just gets super lame quickly, not much to think about except controlling a fight and not failing blocks. Ranged may not appeal to you, but i can sort of understand why it does to some. And i can definitely understand people wanting to play ranged because melee is too hard (at this stage of the game, some people having played beyond 3k hours), but they still like the feel of a medival game.

Whenever i die to ranged i just think of what i couldve done to survive. Most of the time i overextend a bit and just keep hacking on some peasant and suddenly im in enemy territory with little cover, well then i fucked myself up, when i could probably have just stayed by cover and tried to keep the fight there. Or maybe i could try to improve my dodge patterns.