Poll

Should there be a ranged cap???

Yes
No

Author Topic: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY  (Read 21747 times)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY
« Reply #225 on: July 10, 2014, 01:04:28 am »
+3
Or you play ranged cuz you are a shitlord scumbag  :wink:
(click to show/hide)

That too. I just like to put hard shafts into women. Ask your mom.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #226 on: July 10, 2014, 01:09:53 am »
Or you play ranged cuz you are a shitlord scumbag  :wink:
(click to show/hide)

Or you play ranged cuz you are a shitlord scumbag  guy that doesn't want to be some food just to please other tryhards/plated scrubs/cavs and eventually get some kills regardlessly about the target's skills. Despise the fact I dislike those who take no PS and simply run instead of fighting, I'm also tired to die in melee to a noob that got 70 body armor but kills me because I glance on him.

Some changes are needed about ranged (accuracy and missile speed), but the class in itself isn't OP at all. I loved when Panos told me that I should prepare to GTX because he was about to make an archer char. The result was simply another respec back to cav/melee, probably because he had a shitty ratio as archer.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #227 on: July 10, 2014, 01:17:26 am »
+2
Or you play ranged cuz you are a shitlord scumbag  guy that doesn't want to be some food just to please other tryhards/plated scrubs/cavs and eventually get some kills regardlessly about the target's skills. Despise the fact I dislike those who take no PS and simply run instead of fighting, I'm also tired to die in melee to a noob that got 70 body armor but kills me because I glance on him.

Some changes are needed about ranged (accuracy and missile speed), but the class in itself isn't OP at all. I loved when Panos told me that I should prepare to GTX because he was about to make an archer char. The result was simply another respec back to cav/melee, probably because he had a shitty ratio as archer.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 10, 2014, 01:24:08 am »
+3
Algarn, I appreciate the support and totally understand your frustration; great sig too by they way. Bob was just busting my balls, we're friends and he may or may not be my son. Our show on Maury hasn't been filmed yet and I'm 99.9% sure I'm not his father but we'll have to wait and see!

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #229 on: July 10, 2014, 01:26:22 am »
90% of the perons who posted in this thread are people wanting archery, and ranged in general destroyed. Thinking you are serious when saying ranged players are scumbags isn't totally wrong for me, since you're a lightly armored melee player (at least, the last time I saw you playing, which is about two months now).

To Bronto, we got the same feeling about being raped in melee by armor crutchers, it's not about supporting a side or another, since relying on min maxed builds/ equipment to survive and get kills is simply ridiculously effective.

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #230 on: July 10, 2014, 02:46:25 am »
i fear you dont know what "out of context" means :|

Pretty sure that's basically the definition of teamwork
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 10, 2014, 02:56:36 am »
+1
I agree with Heskeytime. Basically, if it kills me it's OP. Please nerf.

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
« Reply #232 on: July 10, 2014, 03:11:33 am »
+2
I think people should stop thinking the game should accommodate for themselves instead of the opposite. Like, how lightly armored 2h/pole expects to rek archers/xbow/cav by charging them instead of using a shield for once or maybe staying out of the danger zone. Everyone is going to be more vulnerable to one playstyle than the other and should not expect to fare just as well against said playstyle.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #233 on: July 10, 2014, 03:25:20 am »
+2
I think people should stop thinking the game should accommodate for themselves instead of the opposite. Like, how lightly armored 2h/pole expects to rek archers/xbow/cav by charging them instead of using a shield for once or maybe staying out of the danger zone. Everyone is going to be more vulnerable to one playstyle than the other and should not expect to fare just as well against said playstyle.

Makes too much sense, they should be able to be high level duel builds and still kill everyone on the field easy. I mean if they are good at melee combat they shouldnt have to learn anything else like how to build a character for battle, where ranged may be a factor.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Noodlenrice

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Bastards
  • Game nicks: Noodlenrice
« Reply #234 on: July 10, 2014, 03:56:06 am »
+2
What if there is 2 or more ranged? Your shield isn't an impenetrable barrier around you.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2014, 04:11:14 am »
+2
What if there is 2 or more ranged? Your shield isn't an impenetrable barrier around you.

Positioning and awareness of where archers are, basic stuff..
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Noodlenrice

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Black Bastards
  • Game nicks: Noodlenrice
« Reply #236 on: July 10, 2014, 05:18:46 am »
So I must be in corner, and have wallhacks

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #237 on: July 10, 2014, 01:07:45 pm »
+2
Positioning and awareness of where archers are, basic stuff..
If you get a shield, you might be able to avoid getting shot for some time then, if you don't try to actually go towards the archers. If you go towards the archers, you will most likely be shot in your sides or even your back, because they will start splitting up. Ontop of this, archers are usually way in the back, so you will most likely also be fighting melee, which is a possibility for a 1h/shielder, but not really for a 2h/polearm with a shield, since they can't both fight and stay protected from archers at the same time, not properly.

If we however imagine that there is no melee around them, then you still have the problem with the split archers, which means that if you have chase one, then the other one will shot you in the back. This of course goes on, while the archer you're chasing is running away. This is why just ''get a shield'' is far from enough. A shield might be able to delay your death, but it won't really change the result by much.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #238 on: July 10, 2014, 01:16:21 pm »
I think strategucly the only way to effectively counter archery is a combination of shielders putting pressure on them driving them back and heavy cav to negate skirmishers that try to x-fire.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Xiou

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templolz
  • Game nicks: Grubby_Fingers
« Reply #239 on: July 10, 2014, 01:28:55 pm »
+1
I think strategucly the only way to effectively counter archery is a combination of shielders putting pressure on them driving them back and heavy cav to negate skirmishers that try to x-fire.
And you get your average group of random on EU1 to pull that off.

Myself, I am a shielder, always have been due to massive ammounts of bundle of sticksry raining down on my head from day 1. I love the combat system and love dueling without a shield, but as soon as it is on my back I get shot to pieces. Even if I am the last man standing against 10 and clearly have no chance and just want a nice fight you get countless noobs shuffling around the fight to get a good shot into my back. A ranged cap would be one way, but I really don't see why one of the few games that exists with a sweet combat system like this is now dominated by archers, horse archers and xbows, etc. Ranged needs to be nerfed IMO. Archers are far too accurate, especially with the little pew pew bows which have been buffed by the so called 'balancers.' One look at that and it is quite clear that a few people are more than happy to alter the entire mod just to make their own build better for them.

It quite simply sucks.

If I could join a server and expect a fight I would, but I hardly play right now because 50% of the battle is getting shot and the other 50% is watching some little shit on a horse run away for hours while failing to shoot anyone.

You guys need to seriously consider who you allow to make balance changes to this mod, before the entire player base you worked so hard to build leaves.