Poll

Should there be a ranged cap???

Yes
No

Author Topic: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY  (Read 23859 times)

Offline poikakoira

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ROBINHuuD
  • IRC nick: whatt?
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2014, 05:21:33 pm »
add melee server back for crybabys

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2014, 05:23:32 pm »
+1
I guess improving and rewarding teamwork and balance would be the best way. Removing valor would be one step in the right direction... there should be something like a teamvalor..... ooooh wait! There is :D .

The valor system isn't working the way its supposed to anyway... i mean every HA can easily get valor if he's delaying long enough, shooting horses while infantry pretty much fucked facing 3+ enemies. Wouldn't entitle that valor. Rather call it unfair ranged bonus.
If I recall correctly valour was meant to reward those who actually do well (in comparison to the rest), not those who are valorous. Turned out to be a poor choice of words. Now, whether or not that's what we want "valour" to actually be, is debatable.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2014, 05:30:51 pm »
+1
add melee server back for crybabys

shut your .... you ranged ...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2014, 05:31:06 pm »
+1
If I recall correctly valour was meant to reward those who actually do well (in comparison to the rest), not those who are valorous. Turned out to be a poor choice of words. Now, whether or not that's what we want "valour" to actually be, is debatable.

"Rewarding those who do well" is absolutely what i was talking about - not that it's got the wrong name. Maybe i didn't make that clear enough. A system, that's rewarding players who have an advantage over other players is kind of not rewarding those who do well, but rewarding a class. There should be a new "layer of valor", treating ranged seperated from melee players - someone in this thread suggested adding valor for archers who attack enemy archers - this might actually at least counter some of the delaying, also enable melee players to be rewarded for doing well, AND encouraging archers to attack other archers - which would also result in better balance.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2014, 05:46:00 pm »
(click to show/hide)
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2014, 05:50:53 pm »
+2
"Rewarding those who do well" is absolutely what i was talking about - not that it's got the wrong name. Maybe i didn't make that clear enough. A system, that's rewarding players who have an advantage over other players is kind of not rewarding those who do well, but rewarding a class. There should be a new "layer of valor", treating ranged seperated from melee players - someone in this thread suggested adding valor for archers who attack enemy archers - this might actually at least counter some of the delaying, also enable melee players to be rewarded for doing well, AND encouraging archers to attack other archers - which would also result in better balance.
Valour for archers who attack enemy archers? That's not actually rewarding those who do well and could potentially be less effective than actually shooting melee or horses. As stated in another thread recently, due to score functionality (which is relevant, because that's the ONLY thing valour is based on) a person who gets valour is actually accomplishing a fair bit in comparison to the rest of his team. Recognize that score is generated by the amount of health an opponent loses, modified by their score offset, which increases/decreases based upon how well they have done in previous rounds. Thus peasants are often worth much less than the "Pros".

Pause and think about this for a second. Next, for the sake of argument, assume my next two statements are true (the first of which can't actually be debated.) If valour is based on damage dealt, and HA get valour easier than anyone else, doesn't this mean HA are overpowered with respect to how much damage they deal in comparison to everyone else? The answer should be obviously, yes. Now why is this relevant? Because I'm trying to change the conversation into something more meaningful.

Not all classes are meant to have the same killing potential as the rest (this is partially where proximity bonus comes in), but it's certainly not the case that mounted ranged should be found as the most deadly.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2014, 06:18:18 pm »
Damnit switch, read my post not the topic title!

But I don't want to :(

Actually read it, but misread it :D

I think the amount of arrows is alright. Maybe make the Horn Bow 2 slot as well. Packing 3 quivers of +3 Bodkins is quite a lot. But 2 quivers is not too bad.
And I am not saying this because I changed my main to an archer. Well technically I am, since I have realised that I run out of arrows fairly quickly.

Today in the Strat battle I used 3 stacks of normal arrows. That amounts to 60 arrows. Every single life I had to run around finding more arrows because I ran out within a few minutes of spawning.

For battle it is a different story though since there are no "infinite" lives.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2014, 06:21:50 pm »
+2
Again all this fancy dreaming. The only things that are realistic are nerfs! It has worked in the past, and it will work again.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2014, 06:29:21 pm »
@ Tydeus

I dont think damage done by archers is OP, it is the amount of damage that is spread over all those arrows that is too much, imo.

What i'd like to see, as alot of people mentioned before me, is a system that makes archers more of a strategic asset. Not a gunning platform that launches 45 arrows per round.

I would like to see archer damage increased, but in turn they should only fire accurately whilst stationary.

Now, this is currntly the case, but what id like to see is that when an archer draws his bow, and starts moving and stops again whilst all the while having his bow drawn will result in a massive decrease in accuracy.

Also, id like to see draw speed severely increased untill optimal accuracy. (It will take LONGER to get to the sweetspot, I reckon this sentence was a bit confusing, but this is to simulate taking aim.)

If the legolas' style of archery goes and quiver size reduced , I think there will be room for increased damage

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:09:27 pm by Joseph Porta »
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Krax

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 36
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Hate_More, Byzantium_Love_More
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2014, 06:33:38 pm »
+3
Again all this fancy dreaming. The only things that are realistic are nerfs! It has worked in the past, and it will work again.

If it worked in the past why is it a problem now ?

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2014, 07:13:04 pm »
+2
Proximity based xp/gold system. Forces them to be close to the battle. The tick system had its run, now bring back the fun side of crpg again.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2014, 07:54:36 pm »
I smell katana buff  :lol:
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2014, 08:14:49 pm »
+1
Core game mechanics changes are off limits. This is partially why there's never going to be an easy solution to ranged balance.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2014, 08:24:50 pm »
I think it was a mistake to give more ammo to ranged, to reduce their weight and I think 0 slot 1 handers are too good. 1 handers in general were way over buffed. I don't know why but ranged seem to take more armour than they used to. Why do they need to have pierce damage? Meh, theres a whole lot that could be done
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2014, 08:28:57 pm »
+4
Core game mechanics changes are off limits. This is partially why there's never going to be an easy solution to ranged balance.

Then it is safe to say ranged is a broken mechanic and should thus be terminated.

(click to show/hide)
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™